[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Green Lawn Abbey, Greenhorn, Pillowbiters, Lollipop Factory

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Green Lawn Abbey, Greenhorn, Pillowbiters, Lollipop Factory
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 3:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject: Re: Green Lawn Abbey, Greenhorn, Pillowbiters, Lollipop Fact
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:05 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Yea, I had know idea what happened with the lineup that night, there was some confusion. 2 bands? 3 bands? 4 bands?

Greenlawn gets a little better everytime I see them, especially in the vocal department.

Greenhorn required 6 faders, Kick, Sn, Rack, Floor, Vocal, Vocal, because the guitars and bass was outta control, like needles and bees fucking in your ear. I guess they've played around for awhile, so they could use the deaf excuse, but if they can still craft the pretty neat melodies and jams they played on Saturday, then they just need to turn down. But to put things in perspective, they were twice as loud last time they played, so they're working on it. I put in earplugs and enjoyed mixing them with the magical 6 faders.

Next is when chaos ensued (not really) but we really should have started the show earlier to avoid the whole situation. It's hard to squeeze four bands into a 10:30-2:00 AM slot with everyone usind their own drums and playing :45 sets.
But none of us took the role of stage gustapo, enforcing set times begining and ends. And when more then 3 bands are playing, you need a stage wrangler, whether it's me, someone in the band, or someone with the club.
I thought the Pillowbiters had a fun set, they were lax about setting up, but once they knew what was going on, they shortened their set and seemed to me to be understanding.
We got Lollipop up and running, but they seemed a little rushed and I didn't get the best check on them, so it took us both a little while to get adjusted, but it was still a great set. I really like what they do, so I could be a bit bias, but they are also nice people who are fun to work with.

So next time, make sure Greenhorn plays a little shorter of a set, make sure that when you put together a show you have beginning and end times for everyone, make sure someone is a stage manager or appoint yourself, and set up your drums and tune your guitars before you hit the stage. BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA.
Oh yea,start the show earlier.
And don't drink draft beer when you are at work. Bottles only. Oh and thanks gonzo for the complement. They're not that hard to mix because they are talented. It's just a matter of getting the monitors right so they can hear themselves with all those sweet 4 part harmonies.Once again BLA BLA BLA BLA BLA

Later,
Local Dumbass Soundman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:26 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject: Re: Green Lawn Abbey, Greenhorn, Pillowbiters, Lollipop Fact
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 6:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:39 pm 
Snarf

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:40 pm 
Snarf

duffy, i've never read yer page or message board until today, and only now because someone sent me a link to the thread without telling me what it was. i didn't say that message boards suck, though admittedly i don't spend any catalogable amount of time on them, i said that inbred retards who believe them to constitute legitimate, published journalism (and thus support their own reasons for writing worthless review-styled swill - or, ah, is it more as self-styled rik-from-young-ones-esque 'poets of the people'? i don't know...) suck. and i stand by my word. also, i didn't say i was against people ripping on bands, though i think it's pretty useless, especially when done with so little discernible skill; i do, however, fully mean that if someone we know had posted a thread talking about how lollipop factory 'stormed the stage' after greenhorn finished, and should've been put off the bill so we could play longer and how all the girls were gone by the time they were on anyway or whatever (all things that could be seen as more or less true depending on how you look at it/where yer coming from), i would've called that out as bullshit. and i think i really, in a not-bringing-everyone-down kinda way, left a pretty good margin for error there; what we'll for the sake of argument call the 'IR95' theory leaves 35,000 or so non-inbred retards in the columbus area alone! i certainly haven't found that many cool folks, and believe i've been here longer than you, rob. i've never gotten on a so-called community message board to harsh opening bands, either, so i hesitate to assume that's it's my fault if there really are another 34,975 wonderful people in this town that i haven't met yet . anyhow, i'm not really all that interesteed in who gonzo is, but i think he should've been at least interested enough in who i am to address his grievances to my face a couple days ago when they were pertinent.
i guess it's naive to think that a community message board would serve to stoke a community rather than pit it against itself, but like i said, i'm not really an authority on the things.
l-u-v,
nick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:16 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:17 am 
Mothra

Post subject: dipshits
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:04 am 
Mechagodzilla

in the future, unless you're charging $25 and up for the show, don't book four bands. it's a good thing none of these bands are worth seeing, or i would have been up there telling you idiots to play shorter sets and set up quicker.
i have an idea, let's have a "WHO CAN SET UP THE QUICKEST?" contest. winner gets the door. no kidding.

*also, be glad someone gave a shit enough to write about your show, even if it was a bad review. then you can learn from your mistakes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:38 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 10:37 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:40 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:10 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: dipshits
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:17 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:26 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

my bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:43 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:54 pm 
Snarf

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next