blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Banjo wrote:
I ran into him twice on his "Walking across Ohio" thang.

so did that dude really just walk across ohio?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

robertduffy wrote:
so did that dude really just walk across ohio?

Supposedly he walked from Cleveland to Cincinnati, and also along the Ohio River. I don't know where else.

I saw him in Cleveland and in the Short North, walking briskly with a bunch of campaign supporters and vans/trucks behind him both times.

He stopped to shake my hand in the Short North and told me he was walking across Ohio. I said, "Really?" He said, "Yup" and kept on walkin'.

(I know, not a very interesting story)

Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:
Really, a good night-except for the mother fucker who tried to run over my mom.

please elaborate.

why so you can talk shit? no thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:38 pm 
Banjo wrote:
Bush supporters almost always have to throw in a personal attack or bigotted statement.

it's because they don't have any other ground to stand on.

i was watching Jerry Springer (i know, i know) the other morning and they had
these KKK families on saying "we love you Jerry!". then a guy in the audience says
"you know Jerry's Jewish, right?" and they say "we'll, i guess we don't love you
anymore..."

it's the same mentality but sort of opposite; i don't think half of Bush supporters
actually know the administration that they are voting for. you have all these
lower income middle class christians blindly voting in a president that is actually
working against them personally. very sad.

eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:38 pm 
Snarf

Trixie wrote:
I had the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like "fag" and "baby killers" just proves how bad we need Bush out of office.

Unfortanately that won't stop these assholes.

Bush has gotta go, though.

Demetri

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:30 pm 
King Ghidorah

moesha wrote:
lucky pierre wrote:
at one point, they started chanting "U.S.A." you know, because bush's opposition is from guam.

not from guam, just un-american.

yeah, you might as well accept the changing face of the united states. bush is not pro-united states, just pro bush agenda.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I had a LOOOONG string of luck and managed to score a yellow ticket...I was 20 feet from the Boss and Kerry. One of the best nights of my life, despite having to stand for 7 hours in a pair of Doc Marten's and not being able to leave my spot to pee.

Is it me, or does Fingerhut look a bit like Al from Happy Days?

And am I the only one feeling harassed by VoteMob, DowntownforDemocracy, LeagueofPissedoffVoters, OhioDems, etc. calling me 12 times a day and beating me over the head w/ their pledge clipboards? Before anybody gets upset, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM AWARE THAT THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND ARE USUALLY VOLUNTEERS. It just seems like they could "share info." a little better so they don't bother the same person more than 3 times a day. If it's just me, that's cool, I'm voting Kerry either way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:47 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

SonofSound wrote:
I had a LOOOONG string of luck and managed to score a yellow ticket...I was 20 feet from the Boss and Kerry. One of the best nights of my life, despite having to stand for 7 hours in a pair of Doc Marten's and not being able to leave my spot to pee.

Is it me, or does Fingerhut look a bit like Al from Happy Days?

And am I the only one feeling harassed by VoteMob, DowntownforDemocracy, LeagueofPissedoffVoters, OhioDems, etc. calling me 12 times a day and beating me over the head w/ their pledge clipboards? Before anybody gets upset, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM AWARE THAT THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND ARE USUALLY VOLUNTEERS. It just seems like they could "share info." a little better so they don't bother the same person more than 3 times a day. If it's just me, that's cool, I'm voting Kerry either way.

yeah, i felt the same way at little brothers the last few months. four-five college kids with clipboards, from different organizations, asking me if i'd registered to vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:31 pm 
King Ghidorah

I'm guessing that most of those organizations can't share information and must operate independent of one another. My wife and I are doing what we can to help out at the local Democratic campaign HQ in our town and sharing information with, say, Move On is strictly prohibited.
Speaking of which, anybody else here volunteering this year?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:26 pm 
King Ghidorah

soporjoe1 wrote:
if someone f'd with my kerry/edwards sign i would be upset. it's private property.

i know, someone stole ours. my plan was not to steal signs tho, that leaves no real message. i think the true message would be to burn the signs and leave the ashes there on the ground, with the metal still standing. tell the bush people that god hit 'em with lightning cause his VP is the anti-christ.

bassist/guitarist for hire
post-punk/goth/80's alternative

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla

LLDrumgirl wrote:
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it unless you are a carrier yourself.

i'm not "worried" about "it." i just find it interesting that you're decision to place blame on the carrier is so narrow-minded.

Trixie wrote:
I had the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like "fag" and "baby killers" just proves how bad we need Bush out of office.

exactly how does "the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like 'fag' and 'baby killers'" prove "how bad we need Bush out of office?"

i agree, we need Bush out of office, however, i fail to see you "displeasure" as proof.

beth wrote:

only if the story has gaps...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:42 am 
King Ghidorah

backwardsman wrote:

beth wrote:
backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:

please elaborate.

only if the story has gaps...

It probably doesn't have gaps, instead it probably further proves we need Bush out of office. That was Bush's fault too. :wink:

Alcohol makes me more want to do, what it makes me less capable of doing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:45 am 
Godzilla

theZeppo wrote:
I'm guessing that most of those organizations can't share information and must operate independent of one another.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Jul29.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:06 pm 
King Ghidorah

Denver wrote:
It probably doesn't have gaps, instead it probably further proves we need Bush out of office. That was Bush's fault too. :wink:

I don't know man, I mean Dick Cheney was driving so it's possible…

Allow me to fill in the gaps: A black Hummer with no plates barreled straight for her (my mom) after said driver, Mr. Cheney, motioned for her to cross the street (College Ave.) She froze momentarily under gaze of headlights racing towards her. But something overcame her. Mom lept into the air with the deftness and agility of a gazelle, right arm extended towards the heaven- as if pulling her from the grip of mortal gravity. The Hummer sped past beneath her. Suspended 15 ft from the Earth, she threw her head back and laughed with posessed grandeur. Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!" His tires squealed as he drove away. With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.

So I guess it's possible that this incident is in some way Bush's fault- but I always believed Bush took his orders from Cheney, so it's hard to say.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

beth wrote:
Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!"

everybody knows Cheney's daughter is gay, i think you are making this story up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:
Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!"

everybody knows Cheney's daughter is gay, i think you are making this story up.

I KNOW! that was the confusing part…

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:36 pm 
King Ghidorah

beth wrote:
Denver wrote:

I don't know man, I mean Dick Cheney was driving so it's possible…

Allow me to fill in the gaps: A black Hummer with no plates barreled straight for her (my mom) after said driver, Mr. Cheney, motioned for her to cross the street (College Ave.) She froze momentarily under gaze of headlights racing towards her. But something overcame her. Mom lept into the air with the deftness and agility of a gazelle, right arm extended towards the heaven- as if pulling her from the grip of mortal gravity. The Hummer sped past beneath her. Suspended 15 ft from the Earth, she threw her head back and laughed with posessed grandeur. Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!" His tires squealed as he drove away. With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.

So I guess it's possible that this incident is in some way Bush's fault- but I always believed Bush took his orders from Cheney, so it's hard to say.

:lol: Excellent comeback! Seriously, that story is funny as hell.

Quote:
With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.

Comedy gold. :lol: This smilie just doesn't do it justice.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:43 pm 
Mechagodzilla

beth wrote:

liar.

nobody tried to run over your mom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:50 pm 
Godzilla

I told Vote Explosion they could have made a killing selling "I'm Already Registered" T-shirts. I would have worn mine every time I went to Little Brother's.

I (hopefully) will be volunteering with the League of Pissed Off Voters tomorrow entertaining the people waiting in line to vote. Although, I just read on the dispatch that the courts won't allow Repubs and Dems to have challengers at the polls, so I don't know if there will be any lines or not...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Come Wednesday morning, we'll have a new president. I guran-godamn-tee it. Bush and his cronies can start packing.
There's been a new energy swelling for the past couple weeks, and it's all infavor of Kerry.

I felt it at the rally last week. Kerry seems to have a real fire under his ass. His words were energizing. And Bruce Springsteen's speech surely pulled the heart strings og the crowd. I'm glad he's willing to risk celebrity to stand up for something he feels strongly about and contect with the youth in this country about how important it is to get out and vote on Tues. A sleeping ginat has been shaken awake in this country, the youths will be out in droves.

And who is Bush trotting out? Zel Miller and Arnold the fat neck? Shows you just how out of touch he really is. If he thinks SArnold is going to influence the young, he's sadly mistaken. And Zel Miller....He's just a scarey guy. Take him out of any sort of political climate and he's not someone I'd even want for a neighbor.

And then there's the news. More dead in Iraq. Bin Laden's new video showing him doing just dandy. Nearly 400 tons of explosives looted because they weren't guarded, and a videotape showing US soldiers inspecting the explosives. The FBI is now investigating the Haliburton contracts. These investingations have already gone through the proper agencey and watch dog groups...now the FBI is on it. The FBI doesn't get involved unless it's ciminal. This administartion will be lucky if they don't get run out of Washington before we even vote.

Everything else points to a Kerry win. The Redsox winning the World Series, the Redskins losing yesterday. That game has been an accurate predictor of the elections since 1936.

It's my advice to do do whatever you can with the voting process tomorrow. I don't care if it's giving senior citizens you know a ride to the polls or homless people of college students....anyone who may need help getting there, get them there. Or their are still alot of volunteers needed. PM if you need info on volunteering. They'll need poll workers, people to work the phones to give directions to the polls....whatever it takes.

We'll celebrate on Wednesday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:47 pm 
King Ghidorah

Gonzo wrote:

We'll celebrate on Wednesday.

Celebrate Tuesday night at OLDFIELD's with D&D Acoustic (though I might be razzin' ya if you are wrong), Jason Quicksall, DB3, and Glare.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:17 pm 
King Ghidorah

hey Gonzo, you know where i can get a list of polling sites?

meanwhile, i just saw that curt schilling is stumping for bush. f*cker.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I Heart Records wrote:
hey Gonzo, you know where i can get a list of polling sites?

meanwhile, i just saw that curt schilling is stumping for bush. f*cker.

In Franklin County check with Franklin County Board of Elections......if ya have time, volunteer!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:28 pm 
King Ghidorah

Or try http://www.mypollingplace.com.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

theZeppo wrote:

is that site working for you? seemed to be down when I've tried recently. I wonder if they're just getting slammed.