blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:33 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 pm
Posts: 11658
Location: Park Slope
Banjo wrote:
I ran into him twice on his "Walking across Ohio" thang.


so did that dude really just walk across ohio?

_________________
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:26 pm
Posts: 203
Location: The Bucket
robertduffy wrote:
so did that dude really just walk across ohio?


Supposedly he walked from Cleveland to Cincinnati, and also along the Ohio River. I don't know where else.

I saw him in Cleveland and in the Short North, walking briskly with a bunch of campaign supporters and vans/trucks behind him both times.

He stopped to shake my hand in the Short North and told me he was walking across Ohio. I said, "Really?" He said, "Yup" and kept on walkin'.

(I know, not a very interesting story)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:19 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 896
Location: Brooklyn
backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:
Really, a good night-except for the mother fucker who tried to run over my mom.


please elaborate.

Image


why so you can talk shit? no thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:38 pm 
Banjo wrote:
Bush supporters almost always have to throw in a personal attack or bigotted statement.


it's because they don't have any other ground to stand on.

i was watching Jerry Springer (i know, i know) the other morning and they had
these KKK families on saying "we love you Jerry!". then a guy in the audience says
"you know Jerry's Jewish, right?" and they say "we'll, i guess we don't love you
anymore..."

it's the same mentality but sort of opposite; i don't think half of Bush supporters
actually know the administration that they are voting for. you have all these
lower income middle class christians blindly voting in a president that is actually
working against them personally. very sad.

eric


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:38 pm 
Snarf

Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 9:15 am
Posts: 17
Location: Columbus
Trixie wrote:
I had the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like "fag" and "baby killers" just proves how bad we need Bush out of office.


Unfortanately that won't stop these assholes.

Bush has gotta go, though.

Demetri


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:30 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2003 10:09 am
Posts: 649
moesha wrote:
lucky pierre wrote:
at one point, they started chanting "U.S.A." you know, because bush's opposition is from guam.


not from guam, just un-american.


yeah, you might as well accept the changing face of the united states. bush is not pro-united states, just pro bush agenda.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:27 pm
Posts: 1262
I had a LOOOONG string of luck and managed to score a yellow ticket...I was 20 feet from the Boss and Kerry. One of the best nights of my life, despite having to stand for 7 hours in a pair of Doc Marten's and not being able to leave my spot to pee.

Is it me, or does Fingerhut look a bit like Al from Happy Days?

And am I the only one feeling harassed by VoteMob, DowntownforDemocracy, LeagueofPissedoffVoters, OhioDems, etc. calling me 12 times a day and beating me over the head w/ their pledge clipboards? Before anybody gets upset, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM AWARE THAT THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND ARE USUALLY VOLUNTEERS. It just seems like they could "share info." a little better so they don't bother the same person more than 3 times a day. If it's just me, that's cool, I'm voting Kerry either way.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 12:47 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 pm
Posts: 11658
Location: Park Slope
SonofSound wrote:
I had a LOOOONG string of luck and managed to score a yellow ticket...I was 20 feet from the Boss and Kerry. One of the best nights of my life, despite having to stand for 7 hours in a pair of Doc Marten's and not being able to leave my spot to pee.

Is it me, or does Fingerhut look a bit like Al from Happy Days?

And am I the only one feeling harassed by VoteMob, DowntownforDemocracy, LeagueofPissedoffVoters, OhioDems, etc. calling me 12 times a day and beating me over the head w/ their pledge clipboards? Before anybody gets upset, PLEASE KNOW THAT I AM AWARE THAT THEY ARE DOING THE RIGHT THING AND ARE USUALLY VOLUNTEERS. It just seems like they could "share info." a little better so they don't bother the same person more than 3 times a day. If it's just me, that's cool, I'm voting Kerry either way.


yeah, i felt the same way at little brothers the last few months. four-five college kids with clipboards, from different organizations, asking me if i'd registered to vote.

_________________
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 3:31 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:50 pm
Posts: 609
I'm guessing that most of those organizations can't share information and must operate independent of one another. My wife and I are doing what we can to help out at the local Democratic campaign HQ in our town and sharing information with, say, Move On is strictly prohibited.
Speaking of which, anybody else here volunteering this year?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:26 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 12, 2004 12:20 pm
Posts: 792
Location: columbus, oh
soporjoe1 wrote:
if someone f'd with my kerry/edwards sign i would be upset. it's private property.


i know, someone stole ours. my plan was not to steal signs tho, that leaves no real message. i think the true message would be to burn the signs and leave the ashes there on the ground, with the metal still standing. tell the bush people that god hit 'em with lightning cause his VP is the anti-christ.

_________________
gary thrasher
xlightandshade@yahoo.com
-----------------
bassist/guitarist for hire
post-punk/goth/80's alternative


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 6:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 1229
LLDrumgirl wrote:
If I were you, I wouldn't worry about it unless you are a carrier yourself.


i'm not "worried" about "it." i just find it interesting that you're decision to place blame on the carrier is so narrow-minded.

Trixie wrote:
I had the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like "fag" and "baby killers" just proves how bad we need Bush out of office.


exactly how does "the displeasure of standing near the (juvenile) protesters for quite awhile... screaming shit like 'fag' and 'baby killers'" prove "how bad we need Bush out of office?"

i agree, we need Bush out of office, however, i fail to see you "displeasure" as proof.

beth wrote:
why so you can talk shit? no thanks.


only if the story has gaps...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 3:42 am 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:19 am
Posts: 625
Location: Columbus, Oh
backwardsman wrote:

beth wrote:
backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:
Really, a good night-except for the mother fucker who tried to run over my mom.


please elaborate.

Image


why so you can talk shit? no thanks.


only if the story has gaps...


It probably doesn't have gaps, instead it probably further proves we need Bush out of office. That was Bush's fault too. :wink:

_________________
http://www.denversings.com

Alcohol makes me more want to do, what it makes me less capable of doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 9:45 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
theZeppo wrote:
I'm guessing that most of those organizations can't share information and must operate independent of one another.


http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/ar ... Jul29.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:06 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 896
Location: Brooklyn
Denver wrote:
It probably doesn't have gaps, instead it probably further proves we need Bush out of office. That was Bush's fault too. :wink:


I don't know man, I mean Dick Cheney was driving so it's possible…

Allow me to fill in the gaps: A black Hummer with no plates barreled straight for her (my mom) after said driver, Mr. Cheney, motioned for her to cross the street (College Ave.) She froze momentarily under gaze of headlights racing towards her. But something overcame her. Mom lept into the air with the deftness and agility of a gazelle, right arm extended towards the heaven- as if pulling her from the grip of mortal gravity. The Hummer sped past beneath her. Suspended 15 ft from the Earth, she threw her head back and laughed with posessed grandeur. Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!" His tires squealed as he drove away. With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.

So I guess it's possible that this incident is in some way Bush's fault- but I always believed Bush took his orders from Cheney, so it's hard to say.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 1229
beth wrote:
Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!"


everybody knows Cheney's daughter is gay, i think you are making this story up.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:19 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 12, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 896
Location: Brooklyn
backwardsman wrote:
beth wrote:
Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!"


everybody knows Cheney's daughter is gay, i think you are making this story up.


I KNOW! that was the confusing part…


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 2:36 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:19 am
Posts: 625
Location: Columbus, Oh
beth wrote:
Denver wrote:
It probably doesn't have gaps, instead it probably further proves we need Bush out of office. That was Bush's fault too. :wink:


I don't know man, I mean Dick Cheney was driving so it's possible…

Allow me to fill in the gaps: A black Hummer with no plates barreled straight for her (my mom) after said driver, Mr. Cheney, motioned for her to cross the street (College Ave.) She froze momentarily under gaze of headlights racing towards her. But something overcame her. Mom lept into the air with the deftness and agility of a gazelle, right arm extended towards the heaven- as if pulling her from the grip of mortal gravity. The Hummer sped past beneath her. Suspended 15 ft from the Earth, she threw her head back and laughed with posessed grandeur. Cheney stuck his huge white fist out the open window, shaking it in frustration. He screamed, "We'll get you! You paganistic baby killing mother of a homo!" His tires squealed as he drove away. With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.

So I guess it's possible that this incident is in some way Bush's fault- but I always believed Bush took his orders from Cheney, so it's hard to say.


:lol: Excellent comeback! Seriously, that story is funny as hell.

Quote:
With the speed of a single snowflake, my mother drifted back to earth and continued the walk to her car.


Comedy gold. :lol: This smilie just doesn't do it justice.

_________________
http://www.denversings.com

Alcohol makes me more want to do, what it makes me less capable of doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: The Boss and Future Commander
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:43 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:32 pm
Posts: 1229
beth wrote:
Really, a good night-except for the mother fucker who tried to run over my mom.


liar.

nobody tried to run over your mom.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:50 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2002 4:14 pm
Posts: 4116
Location: Columbus, Ohio
I told Vote Explosion they could have made a killing selling "I'm Already Registered" T-shirts. I would have worn mine every time I went to Little Brother's.

I (hopefully) will be volunteering with the League of Pissed Off Voters tomorrow entertaining the people waiting in line to vote. Although, I just read on the dispatch that the courts won't allow Repubs and Dems to have challengers at the polls, so I don't know if there will be any lines or not...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 1616
Come Wednesday morning, we'll have a new president. I guran-godamn-tee it. Bush and his cronies can start packing.
There's been a new energy swelling for the past couple weeks, and it's all infavor of Kerry.

I felt it at the rally last week. Kerry seems to have a real fire under his ass. His words were energizing. And Bruce Springsteen's speech surely pulled the heart strings og the crowd. I'm glad he's willing to risk celebrity to stand up for something he feels strongly about and contect with the youth in this country about how important it is to get out and vote on Tues. A sleeping ginat has been shaken awake in this country, the youths will be out in droves.

And who is Bush trotting out? Zel Miller and Arnold the fat neck? Shows you just how out of touch he really is. If he thinks SArnold is going to influence the young, he's sadly mistaken. And Zel Miller....He's just a scarey guy. Take him out of any sort of political climate and he's not someone I'd even want for a neighbor.

And then there's the news. More dead in Iraq. Bin Laden's new video showing him doing just dandy. Nearly 400 tons of explosives looted because they weren't guarded, and a videotape showing US soldiers inspecting the explosives. The FBI is now investigating the Haliburton contracts. These investingations have already gone through the proper agencey and watch dog groups...now the FBI is on it. The FBI doesn't get involved unless it's ciminal. This administartion will be lucky if they don't get run out of Washington before we even vote.

Everything else points to a Kerry win. The Redsox winning the World Series, the Redskins losing yesterday. That game has been an accurate predictor of the elections since 1936.

It's my advice to do do whatever you can with the voting process tomorrow. I don't care if it's giving senior citizens you know a ride to the polls or homless people of college students....anyone who may need help getting there, get them there. Or their are still alot of volunteers needed. PM if you need info on volunteering. They'll need poll workers, people to work the phones to give directions to the polls....whatever it takes.

We'll celebrate on Wednesday.

_________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 1:47 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:19 am
Posts: 625
Location: Columbus, Oh
Gonzo wrote:

We'll celebrate on Wednesday.


Celebrate Tuesday night at OLDFIELD's with D&D Acoustic (though I might be razzin' ya if you are wrong), Jason Quicksall, DB3, and Glare.

_________________
http://www.denversings.com

Alcohol makes me more want to do, what it makes me less capable of doing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:17 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2004 8:40 am
Posts: 545
Location: way out west
hey Gonzo, you know where i can get a list of polling sites?

meanwhile, i just saw that curt schilling is stumping for bush. f*cker.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 2:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:34 am
Posts: 1616
I Heart Records wrote:
hey Gonzo, you know where i can get a list of polling sites?

meanwhile, i just saw that curt schilling is stumping for bush. f*cker.


In Franklin County check with Franklin County Board of Elections......if ya have time, volunteer!

_________________
I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:28 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2003 4:50 pm
Posts: 609
Or try http://www.mypollingplace.com.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 3:32 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2004 12:26 pm
Posts: 7648
Location: Columbus
theZeppo wrote:


is that site working for you? seemed to be down when I've tried recently. I wonder if they're just getting slammed.

_________________
This place is like the fair, only it cost a dollar to get in and the rides are junked cars.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group






Buy a Premium BlogAd