blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Did anyone see the Mark Hymann editorial on Fox/News Center?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 10:50 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I just saw this guy, Mark Hymann, give an editorial about how naughty politicians and news organizations have been because they've spoke out agains that Kerry.

I don't remember seeing these editorials in the past, and it didnt seem part of the overall program. One google search later and I see, ah ha, Mark Hymann is the Vice President for Corporate Relations for Sinclair.

then it all made sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:48 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

yeah, see the other sinclair media threads for more discussion of this snyde little prick.

http://donewaiting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46715&highlight=sinclair+media#46715

http://donewaiting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=45430&highlight=sinclair+media#45430

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:03 am 
Mechagodzilla

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject: Re: Did anyone see the Mark Hymann editorial on Fox/News Cen
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:52 am 
Jet Jaguar

robertduffy wrote:
I just saw this guy, Mark Hymann, give an editorial about how naughty politicians and news organizations have been because they've spoke out agains that Kerry.

I don't remember seeing these editorials in the past, and it didnt seem part of the overall program. One google search later and I see, ah ha, Mark Hymann is the Vice President for Corporate Relations for Sinclair.

then it all made sense.

Oh man, that guy is full of shit. His little nightly editorial, called The Point, claims to be an objective analysis of politics. It's just a bunch of Right wing talking points.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

slipping that rhetoric into a NEWS broadcast makes me so friggin' pissed.

That piece of shit makes me violent.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:25 pm 
yep, he's a jackass. why that guys sees any air time on the news is beyond me
and really shows poor character in that broadcast. he needs to be ousted.

eric

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 2:46 pm 
Godzilla

Mr. Metronome wrote:
yep, he's a jackass. why that guys sees any air time on the news is beyond me
and really shows poor character in that broadcast. he needs to be ousted.

eric

might be that he's the vp of corporate relations for sinclair, so he can do whatever he wants. nothing like a little oligopoly to keep the message out there.

Dig Me Out BLOG, Twitter and Facebook.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:01 pm 
Godzilla

timstepford wrote:
oligopoly

...due to a phenomenon referred to by economists as "regulatory capture"

Post subject: Re: Did anyone see the Mark Hymann editorial on Fox/News Cen
PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:06 pm 
Godzilla

robertduffy wrote:

then it all made sense.

I did not see it. I see MAD Magazine as a more reliable source of current events than FOX news or Sinclair.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2004 5:34 pm 
King Ghidorah

i wonder if his nickname when he was growing up was "buster"... 8)

bassist/guitarist for hire
post-punk/goth/80's alternative

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 3:52 pm 
Mothra

"The Point" has been on for a little over a year if memory serves me correctly. It usually appeared at the end of the news broadcasts on ABC and Fox at 11pm and 10pm respectively. The spots used to run about 30 seconds, as the election neared the Point got longer and longer and also started appearing after the 5 or 5:30 edition of the local ABC news.

Yes, Mark Hymen is the Exec VP of Sinclair. He's the one that pulled Ted Koppel reading the names of the dead soldiers from Iraq earlier this year. He is also the one that required everyone of his Sinclair outlets to air "Stolen Honor," the anti-kerry piece.

Here's part of his bio
Quote:
He served briefly in the Army before attending college on an Army ROTC scholarship. He was later accepted to the U. S. Naval Academy from which he graduated in 1981. He served as a naval officer on ships assigned to the East and West coasts and he served in the U.S. Navy’s European headquarters in London. He has conducted worldwide travel with extensive time spent in the Middle East. He left active duty in 1989 and became employed as a civilian in the Office of Naval Intelligence, which included assignments with the U.S. On-Site Inspection Agency as a disarmament treaty weapons inspector in former Warsaw Pact countries. A Captain in the Naval Reserve, he has served in leadership positions in CIA’s National Warning Staff, the U.S. National Reconnaissance Office and he is currently a Commanding Officer in the Naval Reserve’s Space and Network Warfare Program.

In 1995, he attended Johns Hopkins University on an American Political Science Association Congressional Fellowship and worked in the U.S. House of Representatives. He joined Sinclair in 1997 as the Director of Government Relations and was promoted to his current position in 1999. He is an officer and director of the Maryland-D.C.-Delaware Broadcasters Association. He has appeared on CNN, Fox News and NPR, on local radio stations, has been interviewed in national publications including the New York Times, Washington Post and USA Today, and he hosts "The Point with Mark Hyman", televised commentaries appearing on Sinclair TV stations with a daily household audience more than four million viewers. He has been a speaker and panel member at numerous conventions and he has testified before Congress.

Fact is, he probably knows a lot more than you or I do about the world at large, and while I don't like his social policy, he's fucking gold as far as foreign issues go.

And the point is part of "News Central", whose unofficial motto ought to be "Because Fox News is full of liberal pansies."