[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - MTV2

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MTV2
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2003 8:28 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: exactly
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 5:01 pm 
Jet Jaguar

but I have been impressed with VH1 Classic. Saw a lot of funky 80s stuff and some real classic rock gems.

I even saw Pink Floyd's "Set The Controls for the HEart of the Sun" video.

Now that's good TV.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 9:36 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i don't want to start yelling again, b/c last night i was pretty much screaming at my TV...nevertheless:

Otter i warned ya' that MTV2 was pretty much the drek that used to get played on MTV; i told you that they days where there were no commercials and they played cool music were gone; i told you it had become the 'new' MTV and it was only a matter of time before TRL live invaded. i said all that, but i didn't heed my own warnings.

last Sunday's (5/4/2003) 120 Minutes thankfully was the last 120 Minutes to be aired. they are changing the name or something but are going to kinda continue what they are doing, in probably the same half-assed way they have been doing it recently. hey, that's fine b/c they pretty much have sucked in the 3-4 months that i have been TiVoing them. i can watch 120 Minutes in about 35, which is sad. each week they show about 50% of the same videos from the last week. it is about as new and fresh as a fart in a coffin. anyway, i digress.

in honor of 120 Minutes 'evolving', the chump who does the hosting (i swear he was in some shitty emo-band, b/c he is so adorable and so sad-doe-eyed, with the stocking hat on and ringed-t...arrrrgh) intro'd that week's co-hosts. now if you are not aware or don't remember the usual way things work, on 120 Minutes they bring in some bandmates and chat/quiz/annoy them in between vids. it is basically a crap shoot as to who it is going to be, but sometimes it is entertaining: one week was the Flaming Lips and they amused me. well, this week, in honor of 120 Minutes being alls growsed up, growsed up, growsed up, they brought back Matt Penfield and the chump that proceeded him, the guy who 'stuposedly' started 120 Minutes back in the day. i vaguely seem to remember him, but not really. and after this next part, i wanted to kill him.

see, Doe-Eyed Emo Host asked Original Host about the olden days when things were just getting started and asked him what vids stood out and made 120 Minutes the show that it was. Original Host's response? Nirvana's "Smells Like Teen Spirit" in 1991 and NIN's "Head Like a Hole" in 1992. that was what Original Host wanted everyone to remember 120 Minutes for....those two fscking songs.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? 1991 and 1992?

when i was 16 (in 1986) i used to stay up and tape 120 Minutes on our VCR so that later that week i could transfer the audio to cassette tape; sad but true. i remember being thrilled to see New Order, Echo and the Bunnymen, Clan of Xymox, INXS, JMC, REM, The Smiths, the The, etc videos being shown. i would say that 120 Minutes was at least 50% of the reason that i 'found' alternative music. and what does Original Host pick for the two defining videos???? fsck me, i am still pissed! seriously.

anywho - stick a fork in me i am done. i am deleting any MTV/MTV2 related programming from both of our TiVos and Viacom can eat the peanuts out of my shiet. seriously, they suck and i am boycotting.

guess i better close my rant tag now.

</RANT>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2003 11:46 pm 
Godzilla

120 minutes played a ted leo video two weekends ago...valiantly as I tried to stay awake, i fell asleep before it came on.

There was some weird stuff on when I was awake though...I'd never seen any of it before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 4:06 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

406am, on MTV, Evanscene.

heh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 9:35 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 10:14 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: VH1 is Classic indeed
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2003 1:21 pm 
Snarf

Post subject: VH1 Classic
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:47 am 
Jet Jaguar

this is the channel I like the most on digital cable

yesterday I saw old the the followed by siouxsie and the banshees

Post subject: Re: VH1 Classic
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 10:50 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: VH1 Classic
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2003 3:52 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

All I want to know is which one of you VH1 Classic watchers is going to tape old '80s metal videos for me?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:14 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:35 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2003 9:37 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff