[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - (Col) Wed. 2nd, 5-9pm Tiara, Last Hotel, Denovo, 84Nash

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: (Col) Wed. 2nd, 5-9pm Tiara, Last Hotel, Denovo, 84Nash
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 10:37 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

at the Budd Dairy Building (Outside) on the Corner of 4th st. and 4th ave. in the Short North
2$ or free with canned food
to benefit Camp Sunrise and Ohio Art League

photographing music and the people who make it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:02 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:05 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Any idea how late this is going? Does the music really start at 5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:08 am 
Godzilla

Everything I've seen and heard says 5pm-9pm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:13 am 
Godzilla

there you people go again, playing with each other....

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 11:33 am 
Mechagodzilla

An outside group (the short north concert series/orange barrel entertainment group?) set up the shows, the bands had nothing to do with it... i think it's a good mix of music that people should be able to find something they like and drink some after-work beers...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:27 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Hell yes, tomorrows the last day of finals!

I'm gonna rockout with my cockout.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 12:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Can't wait for this...just hopefully it doesn't rain!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:22 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:55 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 5:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:57 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 9:38 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:45 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:11 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 12:42 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:01 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 2:17 pm 
Godzilla

happy birthday you dick

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 9:21 am 
Godzilla

Post subject: rock.
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:11 am 
Jet Jaguar

I must say, I was impressed with the turnout for it being the very first of the Short North Summer Concert Series.
And the bands were great- the new songs that I heard from each band (after unfortunately missing Denovo) sounded amazing!
And the capa city kids were damn cool. I believe they'll be there each time.

Kelly T@ylor finally got something as close to her dance-off as she may get, and it kicked some ass, it did.

Overall I think it was pretty successful for it being the first one.
Kudos to all that put it together.
Hopefully word of mouth will boost attendance as the summer grows older.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:14 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

http://donewaiting.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4304

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:23 am 
King Ghidorah

it was cool. i especially liked it because it is right arond the corner from my place, so it was an easy walk. I also dug the "Capacity" gig. i know Malik, and he is a really cool guy, and perhaps one of the best hiphoppers in this town. his track "sum of 1" on the first cosmic cookie compilation a few years back, blew me away. nice to see him involved. i am going to try to catch Spirit at hempfest, if I can.

i saw all the rest... except denovo and 84 Nash, but have seen them both before. they're good.

the drum sounds where nice, i thought. dan bell's drum kit in particular. i didn't see what kind it was, but would be curious to know. it's very nice sounding.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:36 am 
Godzilla

The acoustics were nutty. When walking up, it seemed like the band was playing inside of the St James. With all those buildings, the sound bounces everywhere. Closer to the stage, it sounded good. I think TLH & Eric/Tiara had a couple monitor issues but it didn't suck or anything.

The turnout was okay. It wasn't pathetic or anything. Ya gotta remember the area is huge and even 200 ppl looks like a small crowd. I think it will pick up with each one of these they do. It is the eraly show we've all dreamed of. I was in bed by 10:30 with a huge smile on my face, er...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:58 am 
Godzilla

I was able to hear it from my porch, which is nice. I don't get that often in my part of town. I live in a "fight club" house...or The Onceler's place. The U.S. mail even has a hard time finding me.