[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - [c-bus] THIS THURSDAY 5/27: Earwig, Stepford Five, League...

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: [c-bus] THIS THURSDAY 5/27: Earwig, Stepford Five, League...
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2004 1:15 am 
Jet Jaguar

That's right folks, two swell bands from western NY are hooking up with two local groups near and dear to us all for one big rock show in the 'burbs. Why should you go? Pick a reason - I dare you:

Normal Reasons
1.) This show will rock - seriously. Great line-up from top to bottom.
2.) Door prizes!
3.) You want to start the holiday weekend early.
4.) This is a perfect opportunity to get more excercise when you drink. Midgard doesn't allow alcohol, but there's a bar about 15 feet away. Actually, it could be sorta like senior crawl all over again, but with more music and less variety in the bars you visit.

Scenester Reasons
1.) You want more early weeknight shows like this one.
2.) You missed The Stepford Five's cd release show and you want to make it up to them.
3.) You like/think there should be more alternative venues.
4.) You want more bills with both good columbus and non-columbus bands and more opportunites for columbus artists to get out of town.
5.) You'd like to experience/say goodbye to midgard before it's gone forever.

edit: corrected wording

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 11:02 am 
Jet Jaguar

Mp3 bump!

League

For these, you need to right-click and select "Save Target As..." That is, if you're using windows; I don't know what the equivalent is on an Apple. If this doesn't work, go to . You'll probably have to sign in or create an account with purevolume (which, by the way, hosts a lot of damn fine artists).

Earwig

No downloads, but here are 13 tunes for your streaming pleasure.

The Stepford Five

Tomorrow Is Forever

These guys are also hosted on purevolume. If the link doesn't work, go to

==============================================

I know a lot of you have probably already heard/seen Earwig and The Stepford Five (if you haven't, go listen NOW and/or come out to the show on Thursday). And I hope I'm wrong, but I figure not many among the donewaiting crowd will make it out to Midgard for the show. But if you can spare a few minutes, please download and listen to League's "Bookburner." I think these guys are very, very good, which is why I'm putting so much effort into helping them out.

If you do listen, any comments would be appreciated but, of course, aren't required. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 4:08 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2004 7:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Video bump!

So I haven't said much about Tomorrow Is Forever. Like League, they're from Western NY. One of the unique things about these guys, though, is they've got a mean streak of multimedia dork in 'em. So, in addition to creating songs, they're working on video to accompany their music. They've made a demo of the footage for "The End" public. Just go .

The video itself is pretty neat (lots of cool lighting and after-effects), but more than that, I think it's really cool that this band is expressing it's creativity in more than one medium. They're still pretty darn new, so I can't wait to see what's in store!

p.s. Rumor has it that they'll be bringing video-playing equipment to the show to use with their set. Should be verrrry interesting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 3:55 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Duffy, fire up the Donewaiting Shuttle and to provide rides for the campus-dwellers who think Midgard is too far away. My wife is going out of town for 5 days and I'm staying at home with my youngest daughter. If we didn't have so much stuff to do before she leaves, I'd definitely venture out to Midgard (never been there before but have always wanted to check out a show there).

Swisschard, did you do any promotions at any high schools? I remember back in the day, when Tripping Daisy had just gotten signed to Island, I got a press kit that included an article written by a Dallas high school student for her high school paper. How cool would that be? I would never have dreamed of being Cameron Crowe when I was in high school.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:31 pm 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 4:34 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2004 10:55 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2004 3:34 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I just wanted to say thanks to those who ventured out to the 'burbs, and a BIG thank you to Earwig and The Stepford Five for rocking the joint like they were playing to 500. All who came were treated to one helluva sweaty rock show. Until next time...