[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Whiles Release week 4/25-5/1 radio and shows

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Whiles Release week 4/25-5/1 radio and shows
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2004 11:05 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Next week we have quite a bit lined up for ourselves.

Sunday 4/25
invisible hits is reviewing and playing our CD. show starts at 9pm
then we play live on the independent playground live, that starts at 12am.

friday 4/30
live appearance on wcbe 90.5, show starts at 1pm.
then our first release night, andymans treehouse w/ the black swans and moviola 10pm 21+.

saturday 5/1
we play at the Kenyon college festival.
the release night two, at andymans treehouse show w/ trapper john and miranda sound 10pm 21+..

cds are $10 at the show or any show for that matter. if you live out of town and want a cd. you can order it from the anyway records website or any of the following.
http://www.anyway-records.com
http://www.bestbuy.com
http://www.target.com
http://www.barnsandnoble.com
http://www.amazon.com

also we have plenty of new t-shirts and stickers! and a new baby size tshirt for girls.
hope to see you soon!

-the whiles

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:23 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:02 pm 
Jet Jaguar

ok here is the order and times. ALSO if you are BOLD you can come both nights and hear two diffrent sets from the Whiles! along with two diffrent line-ups! on friday tune in to 90.5 to hear a live set at 1-3 pm.

Friday:
Black Swans 10 pm
Moviola 11 pm
The Whiles 12pm

Saturday:
Trapper John 10 pm
Miranda sound 11pm
The Whiles 12 pm

also dont forget our in-store at used kids records on sunday at 5:30. go record shoppin then hang with us!

-matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2004 11:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 12:40 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:19 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Sadly, I wont be at these shows because I have a lot of family visiting this weekend.

Best of luck to the band. These shows will surely rule.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:30 am 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 10:31 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 11:40 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 12:17 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 4:55 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 30, 2004 7:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2004 3:14 am 
Jet Jaguar

wow...thanks to The Black Swans and Moviola for putting on a killer show. and thanks to everyone who showed up! the treebar was packed to say the least! thankyou. now lets do it again with a trapper john miranda sound line-up.

-matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:05 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

For those of us not there, we'd like some DETAILS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2004 11:06 am 
Jet Jaguar

I could not have asked for a better weekend, the place was packed again! Thankyou to Trapper John and Miranda sound. if you missed this show, Trapper John has come a long way and have some great new songs that are their best yet, and their bass player punched and broke a wood board, karate! and Miranda Sound with Dan Bell is friggin amazing, Dan really did it for them. They sound amazing to say the least, they just picked up from where they left off.

thanks to everyone who came out to support our release weekend and remember its not over yet, today is the in-store show at used kids records at 5:30. come say hi to ron house and bela.

-matt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 10:20 am 
Godzilla

Whew! I said, hott damn! The treeroom was packed to the gills when I got there in time to see Miranda Sound. Let me just say how freakin' awesome Dan Bell is. He did not miss a beat and I could swear that the others were feeding off of him. Now, normally Billy Peake plays at about 150%. That night, he was playing at 200%. The room was so packed with warm bodies & full of humidity and dank. You could feel a big environmental change from the pool room to the tree room. I'm pretty sure that 98% of the humidity was evaporating off of Billy himself. He's so awesome to watch. New songs were great, old favorites were rockin'.

Then the Whiles came on and more people squeezed in, sitting on the floor, climbing up the tree, swinging from the monitors, etc. Zach looked scared that we would crush them! Oh, those songs. My God. They just simply make me happy and I was not alone. You can close your eyes and they will take you anywhere you want to go. I didn't have a drop of alcohol in me and I was floating on a cloud of harmonies and pure talent. I wish them the very best on this release and I hope you gave Jon points on it (har har). :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 1:20 pm 
what a great show. sometimes after a show i feel like i could've just stayed home
and watched some crappy infomercial and things would've been just the same.
but not after saturday. we are blessed right now to have so many good local bands
and the initmate environment of the treebar really makes for a memorable evening.

The Whiles are an amazing band. they really have something great and every show
just seems to be a step up in the game. their album is wonderful and i'll be suprised
if they don't attract a much larger audience with it. bravo!

Miranda Sound just really sounded great. Dan Bell seemed to anchor the band in a
way that i had never heard before but at the same time it was like anything could
happen and it would be good. maybe it's a new chemistry thing, but the new songs
were very strong, their best yet.

Trapper John sounded the best i'd ever seen them and were a good choice to start
the night off. i thought Ford sounded especially good on the skins.

anyway, the whole thing made me feel like some kinda proud grandfather after a
home winning hockey game or something. good job fellas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2004 3:30 pm 
Jet Jaguar