[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest Appreciation Thread

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Comfest Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:17 am 
Mechagodzilla

EYE!

Post subject: Re: Comfest Appreciation Thread
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 10:18 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

photos so far, including EYE

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 438&type=1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:42 am 
Godzilla

Pretty good mix of bands at the Offramp yesterday. Cycled down from Westerville and volunteered and had fun as usual. Today I lay on a blanket and hopefully smoke all of your weed.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

You're all happy Eye played??? DW???????

I'm shocked.

Scrawl was sweet.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 3:26 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Whoa Nellie and Tim Easton were great.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:07 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 8:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:11 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:14 am 
Mechagodzilla

Why was a Chicagoland band on the comfest bill anyway? That really sucks about their gear though.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

Joey Hebdo was great. Wondertwin Powers were great as well. Mas Bagua was cosmic nonsense of the highest order...it toed the line of brilliance and brought the energy that Saturday night needed.

Way Yes, I was really excited to see because I love them but they never seemed to break through and connect like last year at Offramp. It's hard to get their sound right in a large setting.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 7:29 pm 
Godzilla

scrawl, blastronauts filling in at last minute, saturday giant were my favorites

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:44 pm 
Mothra

Bitch before, appreciate after. Is this like make-up sex?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

BEP
Twas another great Comfest
Lessons learned
1.Keyboards are back in a big way
2.Drums-not only for upstage center anymore
3.Tents sound weird as fuk. They make snares and gtrs super loud especially the new fangled one we had this year.
4.When u say "high hat" all drummers will hit the rack tom
5.Beach balls are dangerous weapons
6.Marshall Plexis are dangerous weapons
7.I need a bigger foh area peeps were all up in my shiz
8.Speakers and downtime is good. good for my ears 2 rest
9.If FOH power dies mysteriously once, it is truly a comfest for me.
10. I heart cbus

hope everyone had fun and it was nice to see all of you.
BEPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:26 am 
Jet Jaguar

Fun Comfest, and Snarky did a great job.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:06 am 
Mechagodzilla

I didn't make it on Saturday, but really liked Righteous Buck yesterday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:50 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Ahh, thanks.

I enjoyed everything I saw on Friday: Low Men, Easton, Church's Burn (I would add a guitar and someone who looks like Dave Mustaine to tie the room together), Eye (fuck yes!), Scrawl (hell yeah!), and a few minutes of the Beach Bums before my need to consume something not served in a giant mug took over.

We took the little guy down for the Shazbots on Saturday, hung out under a tree for a few hours, looked at some trucks and then retreated for nap time; I didn't manage to make it out on Sunday.

My only real complaint was that they were adamant about keeping the walls up around the offramp stage which made it harder to see and impacted the sound, though Snarky crushed it anyway; I also didn't care for the replacement of Labatt w/Papst & Miller Light. But really, it was great to see everybody, the weather was nice and there was a little more elbow room than there has been in the past few years. Cheers Comfest!