[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:19 am 
Snarf

i was talking about the ambition and naivety of the people putting this together. all i have to go by is the kickstarter page, which doesn't list any bands.

yeah, these bands representing columbus might suck, BUT, will there be shittier bands in official showcases? i guarantee you that there will be.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:17 am 
King Ghidorah

After 10 minutes of googling, I finally found the confirmed list of bands playing this thing: http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_i ... 0339718243

And as of this morning, . Still haven't , but they got their paid holiday.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:25 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:26 am 
King Ghidorah

That is by no means columbus.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:46 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:56 pm 
King Ghidorah

This isn't about morals. I mean really, it's just rock and roll.

But again, if you're music is any good, you shouldn't have to pay to play.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:56 pm 
Snarf

so haters, what bands do you think are better representations of columbus?

i checked out a couple of the bands on the list and they have talent. they might not be your style, but to say they suck is just mean.

i'm pretty sure to be in an official sxsw showcase those bands that submitted had to pay an entry fee, so the idea that if you're good enough then you shouldn't have to "pay to play" is moot.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:05 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:07 pm 
King Ghidorah

Could someone who's been to sxsw and knows how this all works please clarify? My impression is that an official sxsw showcase is sponsored by somebody...like a record label or a radio station or something. And I'd assume that the bands are asked to play, don't have to pay to play, but do have to get down there under their own power.

I'll just repeat what a lot of other folks on this thread have already said. To call yourself "We Are Columbus" is presumptuous at best. To expect other people to pay your way to a gig is ridiculous, but I guess 77 people disagree with me on that point. It's got nothing to do with hating or not hating bands.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:18 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:49 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:37 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:20 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:22 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:14 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:25 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:40 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 10:21 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:07 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:13 am 
King Ghidorah

I had faith Chris Deville would do some serious journalism and investigative reporting on this -- instead he pats them on the back.

http://www.columbusalive.com/content/st ... wcase.html

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 12  Next