[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - iTunes Match

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: iTunes Match
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I am about 48 hours into sending songs but I think it's gonna be solid as hell. I had 24000 songs in my iTunes library and it recognized 21000 of them.. The 3,000 are slowly being uploaded, but I have been able to use it on my work computer and my iPhone. Worth the investment.

More details after it's all imported.

Making me rethink my $10 Spotify montly to just go to $5..

Post subject: Re: iTunes Match
PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:46 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Got mine uploading right now, too. Hoping it's worth it...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

while I am somewhat intrigued by the concept, the thought of being any more tied to iTunes is a notion worse than death by fire ants.

let me just be clear about this: fuck iTunes.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 5:58 pm 
Godzilla

in all earnestness, whats your beef?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 10:07 am 
King Ghidorah

anyone else having a problem with itunes crashing after matching everything? i have most of my library uploaded/matched, but for some reason, it keeps crashing. pretty irritating.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:26 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Mine hasn't crashed, but it disappeared for a couple of days with no explanation and no option to turn it on. But now it's magically back on again. Kinda glitchy.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:26 am 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:45 am 
Mechagodzilla

I mathed; it took three days to upload everything. I like the concept but I'm not too hip on the inability to stream the tunes to an iPhone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:15 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:15 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I have it all on my phone, too. And my wife has the whole library on her phone now, too, which is a plus. If you use the same itunes account, you can have the entire library on any apple device.

I canceled spotify premium. I use Match more b/c I have a hard enough time just keeping up with the stuff that I actually own.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:26 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I had it connected with my phone but I realized that it was downloading the songs to the phone as it played and not just streaming so I turned it off; I'm not looking to fill up the phone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:43 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

man, i love it when software 'downloads automatically' and 'deletes automatically'. Thanks, iTunes! you know what's best for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 7:11 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:28 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:44 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:56 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Screw clarity. More staff fighting! :x :x :x :x

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:06 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:09 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:15 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:21 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:27 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

the other thing i'll add is if this is all troublesome and you hate this idea, then don't pay the $30/year for iTunes match and you can still drag and drop songs onto your phone while it's wired up to your computer and never have to worry about it! apple isnt forcing users to do any of this...

this is for someone who wants their gigs and gigs of songs available on their phone at any time........

or use the dropbox app with Notebox and bypass itunes altogether....

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:15 am 
Mechagodzilla

For $30 a year the Cloud is worth it to me as a backup for my library but I want this set up to work better. I'm finding it kind of buggy and slow on the iPhone. In addition to taking forever to load there are two things that are driving me nuts. I'd like to be able to find only those songs that have been downloaded without having to go back to utilities to make the switch; and, I'd also like to have the option to manage it manually while connected to a computer instead of waiting for the download. If I just missed an option someone please let me know. I still like the concept.