[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - 1/27 EL JE$U$ DEMAGICO • G WORM$ • P$ANDWICH • UNHOLY2 @ ACE

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 1/27 EL JE$U$ DEMAGICO • G WORM$ • P$ANDWICH • UNHOLY2 @ ACE
PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:41 am 
Mechagodzilla

http://melchiorfund.blogspot.com/

Post subject: Re: 1/27 EL JE$U$ DEMAGICO • G WORM$ • P$ANDWICH • UNHOLY2 @ ACE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

Just watched "Nazis: The Occult Conspiracy" on the History Channel in prep for this show.

This is the A List Columbus.

When's Lutzko gonna' bump this with something NSFW?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:13 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:07 pm 
Mechagodzilla

EL Jesus Interview on Agit Reader

http://www.agitreader.com/primitivefutu ... agico.html

El Jesus Article in the Columbus Alive

http://www.columbusalive.com/content/st ... agico.html

El Jesus Review in the Other Paper

http://www.theotherpaper.com/entertainm ... 3ce6c.html

El Jesus MP3 On the Front of Donewaiting

http://www.donewaiting.com/2012/01/25/m ... one-knife/

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

Bands to Watch?

There will be blood.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

1st show w/ our NEW DRUMMER + we have a BABE in the band
IT$ NOTHING 2 $AY we are making women's roles in ROCK AND ROLL relevant again :clap: :clap: :clap:
who else was going 2 :?: :?: :?: :cry: :?:
slave labia, something somethings & THE SALTY CARAMELS :?: :oops: :?: :oops: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :( :( :(
:boohoo: :pray: :pray: :pray: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :( :( :( :roll: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:19 am 
Godzilla

the "girl" in lutzko's "band" did not have her amp on. she strummed th hell outta that guitar tho. i don't know where that puts "women's roles in rock'n'roll", quite.

el jesus were mindblowing - i mean, really, truly mindblowing - and they have th best bass player in town and maybe on th planet and she's a she. and guinea worms (come to think of it, a band founded by one songwriter dude and a lady drummer) were th best i've ever seen them - pulsating, grimy, fucking BLAST-FURNACE-Y and (cliche, cliche) turn-on-a-dime TITE but with all these sinister snaky bits loose all over th place at th same time.

lutzko
yr fired

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:33 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:57 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yeah it was prolly just a "poor mix" :naughty:

http://fucktownpowerboys.com/music/soundman.mp3 :naughty:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:27 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:12 pm 
Mechagodzilla

finally some hot action xxx lol

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:41 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:52 am 
Mechagodzilla

omg full on boner for this thread. i love hot soundman action. ill b back.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

whoa shit!! gloves are on the ICE bitch!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap:

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:45 pm 
Godzilla

i'm not 'cracking' on yr band; i honestly didn't mean it as a dig. lutzko makes a big deal aboot women in rock and th girl in yr band wasn't making any sound. this was a funny juxtaposition to me so i put it out there. i woulda let you know while it was happening but if someone's amp isn't making any sound it's more obvious to th people on stage than it is even to me (& it's not easy to try and figure out in th heat of th moment what's malfunctioning vs. what's performance art) so i assumed you were just rolling with th fact that you couldn't get it to work (having misplaced a bunch of cables as y'all did) or that you meant it to be that way. i was somewhat preoccupied with making sure th power didn't blow again and mixing on th fly since y'all didn't even start until all th music was supposed to be finished (after 1am).

i think everyone (including you guys/girls) knows i roll pretty hard for yr band and th fact that you put on one of th only shows worth seeing in this town; if you remember correctly i loaned you cables you were lacking even tho' y'all smashed all my mics last time you played at aces. i think it's fair to say that i'm an "advocate" (even when i'm not getting paid). i certainly represented yr sound accordingly from stage to system to audience, as i always do. and without th extenuating circumstances mentioned above we woulda done a line check and known for sure that something was fucked.

i'm not saying that this is 100% the case (situationally or individually) but once th band starts playing i'm primarily concerned with th system + mics (whether they're working and how well they're working, + maintaining th original positioning as far as mics go), th sound out front, and whether th band is happy with th monitors - not with a band's aesthetic decisions, whether th band's gear is working, or whether their sound is 'right' on stage. i have to assume it is and do my job (sound reinforcement) from there. it is my personal belief that my job as audio engineer is to take what th band offers and represent it faithfully, (perhaps) at a louder volume and (perhaps) with more consistency (than is being put forth purely by what th band is operating onstage) as far as relative levels are concerned. of course when there is time beforehand to do checks and communicate it's also my duty to be of assistance in both isolating and solving problems should they occur.

i apologize for being unprofessional and airing a technical mishap in a public forum.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:57 am 
Mechagodzilla

really tho Sperry where's the tape?

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:02 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i hope dummy used his $$$$$ he got paid from the bar to get a new keyboard so he can stop spelling "the" like some weirdo hippy ham and egger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:27 pm 
King Ghidorah

well said cruise! smack back!!!
:clap: :naughty: :clap: :naughty:

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 pm 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:53 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:27 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Speaking of $, this show made 2200 dollars for a person with Cancer who needed it

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm 
Godzilla

We try to let people know who see us not to be afraid to come up and tell us when they maybe can't hear something that they would like to hear if we think about it. If there is a sound guy that is their logical second contact but it makes more sense to tell us first. The best this town has to offer is xxx xxxxx from xxxx and he's just cool in spite of his shitty lyrics and I'm so unread or so rock and roll uncool as a sound guy that my literary encyclopedic cornucopia shits out better melodies and lyrics and mesmerizing sonical iconical than the rest of my world hasn't figured out yet. The crowd might want to hear you play guitar more. Maybe the sound sound dude thinks you are being ironic. Who knows? I tell sound guys all of the time: Look--- if you cannot hear me do my whitney houston over the top tom waits what the fuck did I just somersault and pray patriotic groundbreaking news while I wipe my butt with the mic then we are all fucked anyways. If my freaking amp is fucking off have a good friend tell me to turn the fucking thing off or take matters into my own hands and mash the fucking thing and fucking rock like I don't give a shit. Music is eternally grateful that someone is there who actually knows the difference between the amp being off or not. If they happen to be on the stage and don't know it then get them the fuck off the stage or keep them there forever or don"t worry about it unless it doesn't any longer not matter. Truth is: there is no difference if you can't tell the difference. This isn't Star Search.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:39 am 
Godzilla

Also, I reserve the right not to make any sense on message boards mostly because I grew up in the Dayton-Springfield area I think. Hangar 18.