[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: We Are Columbus Ohio "Ohio X Southwest"
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:48 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:09 am 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=161035253941619

KIRKKKKK THEY THOUGHT ABOUT YOU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:26 pm 
Godzilla

what

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:50 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:54 am 
Godzilla

I'm speaking in Room 10AB on March 11 at 2pm.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:38 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

2012 version. they want your money

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/194 ... umbus-2012

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:40 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'd like to take a ski trip. I'd be willing to take some other interested parties along. I should do kickstarter.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:13 am 
King Ghidorah

The bands who win the columbus music awards competition should pay the way for the bands who want to play this showcase in Austin. It's only fair.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:23 pm 
King Ghidorah

Who are the clueless idiots who are contributing money to this?

So you didn't make it into SXSW? Maybe that's a sign you should quit your band..... :shock:

Don't you know most people walk by and laugh at these non-sanctioned shows, and in the grand scheme of things you are giving Columbus a bad name by representing the city with sub-mediocre music. And now you want us to pay your way there?

I'm usually in debt for a month after leaving Austin, but it's worth every penny I SAVE to go there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:26 pm 
King Ghidorah

Last year South by was a joke and I'm sure it won't be much better this year. Save yr money on the badge and spend it at Beerland.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:00 pm 
Snarf

I sent an email to the booking/"application" email to see what was up with this back in december - since we are already going to be down there - and I got back this form email telling me:

---

Please note that if you are selected for this year's showcase, we require a deposit of $200 per band, or $125 per acoustic act to hold your position in the event. This money helps secure the venue, and provide the promotional tools we will use to fill the venue with people all day in Austin. If you choose to take part in the fundraising event, held Feb 25th at Ace of Cups, as well as the items laid out in the Kickstarter campaign, you have the opportunity to make your money back, and possibly more. There is an opt out of the fundraising efforts for an additional $50 per act. We encourage everyone to take part in the fundraising efforts that show solidarity, will further promote your music, and represent the city in the best way we can.

The organizers are currently working hard on fundraising and sponsorship, and it is very likely that every band will get their deposit back at the end of the showcase. Last year no band had to pay out of pocket, and were even compensated a little in the end.

---

And I was just completely blown away by the concept of this AND that anybody would do it OR that anybody would contribute to a kickstarter for such a thing.

Jesus fucking christ.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:32 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:42 pm 
King Ghidorah

I suppose I should re-phrase -- there are plenty of non-sanctioned free shows going on all week that can justify going down to Austin without a badge. You could literally sit in Beerland for four days and see the cream of the crop. The stuff people walk by and laugh at are these "showcases" that operate under the guise of a SXSW showcase -- guys that sit around and collect/fundraise money for "promotional tools" to help get the word out that, yes, Columbus has a lot of awful bands as well.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

www.amethystsunset.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:48 pm 
Jet Jaguar

www.amethystsunset.net

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:04 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Everytime I pull my head out of my ass and take a look around, some dick hole is talking about putting Columbus music/art/etc "on the map". Fuck this medium-sized city syndrome bullshit. It's ok for Columbus to just be Columbus. Fuck 'the map' and fuck 'making it'.
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

"Good luck living on the festering carbuncle that is the asshole of a dying industry"

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:31 pm 
Snarf

seriously.
when i got that email back i was fucking amazed by their gall.

i only investigated because we are, like every other fucking idiot, trying to play as many shows as we can while down there... but yeah... pay to play... or 'invest to play' is some bulllllllllshit.

if you cant afford to drive down there of your own accord or *gasp* book shows back and forth then wtf are you doing even going down?

pay to play, y'alllz.

just save your pennies and go to austin when it's not SXSW... its a good city to hang out when it's not SXSW...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:31 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

this makes picking up trash in order to play offramp seem perfectly fine.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:16 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I just donated a fucking ton of money from a credit scam I've been running. Maybe they'll get to share a dumpster venue with an electroclash night.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:30 pm 
Godzilla

BACKERS

$2,312
PLEDGED OF $5,000 GOAL

DAYS TO GO

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:32 pm 
Godzilla

oh shit you can actually see the backers

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 am 
King Ghidorah

"We aim to lead by example in the music business making Columbus a city where people will come from all around to enjoy our music. Creating opportunities for musicians, allowing them to get the exposure they need, and appreciating the hard work they do is our passion. " - anonymous kickstarter guy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 12  Next