[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - September Festival Overload?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September Festival Overload?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:47 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: September Festival Overload?
PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:09 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

No surprise but I'm not going to any of these.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:21 pm 
Godzilla

It sure does seem like an awful lot over the course of 7 days especially considering two of the three events are day long affairs and the other event is 3 days long. I don't think Independents Day will suffer just because of the enormity of it. I figure all the suburban types that populate most of the summer festivals will be out for that. I think since Megacity is this weekend, that it should do fine. I do worry about Music Week Columbus though. Will the regular show-goers have the stamina? Now, I'm kinda old, but I don't know that I'd have it in me to do all 3.

That being said, I do hope that all 3 are wildly successful.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 5:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I had a great time at MCMM, and look forward to enjoying the end of summer watching some great bands downtown at Independent's Day. I'm liking the ID line-up a lot more than in previous years.

Music Week made it really easy by only having one band I'm even slightly interested in seeing. Plenty of time to rest up for Saturday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 12:46 am 
Godzilla

I'm making it to at least some of all of them. I feel fortunate that Columbus is capable of supporting lots of festivals with various lineups. I may be getting older but I don't think I could ever be half as old at heart as the usual bunch of old buzzards and jaded curmudgeons who like to rain on a parade. They are kind of entertaining though.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:36 am 
King Ghidorah

I feel like we've had this conversation for the last couple years, with some people saying Independent's Day caps the end of the summer fests and feels the same as all the others.

I personally really really like Independent's Day, as it feels like the one festival in the heart of the city. The only thing different is that Megacity now stepped in and is a bigger, better PBR Day and happens within a couple weeks of the other two. Fine really, as the Megacity lineup was spectacular.

For me, the quality of the acts booked at all three fests makes it worthwhile. Maybe it's because of the low appeal of Comfest this year, but I don't feel tired of any of them. Out of the three, I feel like Music Week Columbus has the weaker potential, simply due to the fact that it involves late sets on two weeknights. I'm guessing they'll do great with their Friday line-ups though. I love the idea, but I think the weeknight sets need a really strong (maybe national/regional) headliner or earlier start/end times. I've never ever seen a band go on at 12:45 on a Wednesday night/Thursday AM slot do well at all crowd-wise. We'll see how it goes, but my preference would be the first band at 7PM, last band done by Midnight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:29 pm 
Godzilla

What is Comfest?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:12 pm 
Godzilla

It's a party, man. :roll:

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:10 am 
Jet Jaguar