[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Jimenez??, really Tribe, really

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jimenez??, really Tribe, really
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:08 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Choo got scratched from the lineup today due to a "trunk injury". If that ends up being an oblique, he'll be out for the rest of the season. That would be a huge blow.

Also, it looks like the White Sox are going to put in a claim on Thome and they have precedence over Cleveland. Buster Olney reported today that if the Twins and White Sox don't work out a deal, the Twins may put Thome on release waivers which would make him a free agent. If that happens, he's likely to go to...

...wait for it...

THE PHUCKING PHILLIES!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:37 pm 
Godzilla

not real sure why the Indians brass arent going after Thome.

even though I think were out of it, he still would of helped attendance. He is beloved in Cleveland at a level that is slightly disarming.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:26 pm 
Godzilla

Verlander should be MVP. Prove me wrong.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:27 pm 
Godzilla

So getting Thome is cool and all but it's little more than the Indians running the proverbial white flag up the flagpole, right? I see no value in this other than making a few dollars for the club as the season winds down and they end up finishing third in the division. I love Thome but I am fucking done with Ohio baseball.

Go Steelers!!

Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 9:18 am 
Godzilla

if we could only sign Sorrento and Assenmacher as well

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:42 am 
Mechagodzilla

I missed an important factor in my analysis:

Games remaining against teams with a winning record:
Cleveland - 9 (including 6 with the Tigers)
Detroit - 0 (including 6 with the Indians)

That second number could change if the Indians and/or White Sox can feast on teams like the Royals and Twins, but Detroit has the significantly easier last month of the season.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:49 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:00 pm 
Godzilla

How many of those players were on teams that were in 4th place and 14 games out? Your stats mean nothing to me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:35 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:23 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:31 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:08 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:47 am 
Godzilla

as an Indians fan it seems as though Verlander has pitched every 2 days

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:44 am 
King Ghidorah

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:41 pm 
Godzilla

So you sign an aging slugger who's hitting like .240 and has, what, 11 home runs? If you're serious then make a run for Berkman or someone who can still hit the ball.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:08 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:46 pm 
King Ghidorah

you take what you can get.

he's done okay since we picked him up.

Tribe 2012!!

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:45 pm 
Godzilla

20 pts higher than an average OPS is not something I would be shouting about. Anyway, I like Thome and though I'm a Red's fan, I like the Indians too. I just think they made a mistake with Jimenez which hamstrung them from getting a bat that wil help them win their division.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:49 pm 
Godzilla

the spelling "halfner" is a fine freudian slip, although if your comparing him to '07 its more like "thirdner"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:56 pm 
Godzilla

I think we can lay the sabremetrics to rest and agree that The tigers are superior to the tribe

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:10 am 
King Ghidorah

-unknown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 am 
Godzilla

great night of baseball

f boston

Go Rays