[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Jimenez??, really Tribe, really

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jimenez??, really Tribe, really
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:48 am 
Godzilla

This team is probably about to get shut out for 7 staright games and instead of flipping 2 amazing prospects for some offense they bring in the national league Fausto

we are going to seriously miss Pomeranz and White down the road

effin tribe

Post subject: Re: Jimenez??, really Tribe, really
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:34 pm 
King Ghidorah

the pitcher is nice... but yea, the bat is reeeeally what they needed.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 7:24 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

would that we had turned jaret wright and whoever the hell else the expos wanted into pedro martinez when we had the chance . . .

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:54 am 
Godzilla

I know I need patience, but chisenhall is starting to worry me. He just doesnt seem to get many strong at -bats regardless if he gets on base or not

Kipnis may be starting to break out though

tonight's a big game for huff

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:11 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

My first thought was we gave up too much. But we've got a minor league system full of decent arms. There's no way all of our minor league studs are going to make it into the Indians rotation so why not use some of them as trade bait for a proven, successful major league pitcher?

I don't know that I'd call Jimenez "Fausto 2". Let's give him a few starts to see what he does pitching in the American League.

I read an article somewhere that said the Tribe can't afford to sign top-tier free agents like Jimenez so the only real chance to get somebody that can really help this team out is through trades. But, to get those players in trades, you have to have players/prospects that other teams want. It looks like this stockpiling of talent in Columbus and Akron is starting to pay off.

I wouldn't be too worried about Chisenhall, Kipnis, etc. right now. Yeah, they aren't coming out of the gate blowing people away but they'll eventually warm up to the big leagues.

If you think about, despite the hardships of the last month or two, we're still in the running with what basically amounts to a AAA team. That's pretty impressive. Can't wait to see what Jimenez and Fukudome bring to the team and what Choo and Sizemore's returns later this year due to add a spark.

Now, if we could just unload Kearns ....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:14 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I haven't been paying close attention to baseball this year. Still burned out on spo'tes from whatsisname leaving. But, I have to say, any time you have a chance to win the division, you HAVE to go for it. Bats are a dime a dozen, good starting pitching is hard to come by. I am totally behind this trade, I don't even know anything about these players. The logic of it is sound. Who knows how good the other teams will be next year, or beyond? Even if they stumble backwards into the playoffs, getting there is all that matters right now.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 2:19 pm 
Godzilla

the problem there is after this roadstand, there is a good chance that the tribe will be buried ( even in this down year for the central) and out of contention. Thus we'll be left with an ace who has mysteriously lost 4mph in velocity this year whom we traded our rotaion's future for.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:41 pm 
Godzilla

I don't like the trade at all. Jiminez is a .500 pitcher minus his stats from his best year (last year) and most of that was in the first half of the season. I keep hearing about how good he was in Coors field and that if he puts up those kind of numbes in Coors then "imagine how good he'll be here in Cleveland." Fact of the matter is that Progressive field is ranked higher hr's per game than Coors AND he'll have to face the Rangers and the American league east. But, I hope he pitches well.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2011 3:42 pm 
Godzilla

First outing not so good.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:21 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:31 pm 
King Ghidorah

went to the game last night. jimenez looked solid. one bad inning but he locked down after that.
and holy fucking shit did kipnis catch fire... 5 for 5 with a bomb and 4 runs? jesus. let's hope he can keep it going. :clap:

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:40 pm 
Godzilla

Id be so effin happy if he (jimenez) proved me wrong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:36 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Was at Sawmill Target two nights ago and saw an entire rack of #30 Jimenez shirts. Somebody's banking on him being a true #1 starter and leading us to the playoffs if not farther.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I'm waiting for the "We Are All Kipnises" tee. :clap: :clap: :clap:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:41 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I really figured that either the Tribe would've fallen off or the Tigers would've run away with this division by now, but Cleveland's not bad enough to take a dive and Detroit's not good enough to make a surge. This is going to be exciting down to the wire. Which, as a Tigers fan, fucking sucks...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

and now the jimenez deal is looking bad.

FUCK. :wall:

-unknown

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:19 pm 
Godzilla

yes, This season was a surprise of sorts ( they're still gonna end up in 3rd), but I would be much more optimistic movin forward with white and pomeranz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:31 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:37 pm 
Godzilla

that would be nice, but top to bottom, Detroits line up is much better then Cleveland's.

Fister is also set to surprise. he was a damn nice pick up

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:33 pm 
Mechagodzilla

My analysis says it's closer than you think. Losing Hafner hurts, but if Cleveland brings in Thome in a waiver deal, I think he helps fill the gap.

C: Avila vs. Santana (could flip if Santana could harness his potential or if Avila gets worn down from not having a backup)
1B: Cabrera vs. LaPorta (no contest)
2B: Raburn/Santiago vs. Valbuena/Donald (though Kipnis is better than all of them)
3B: Betemit vs. Chisenhall (Chisenhall has the tools to be the better player, but isn't yet)
SS: Peralta vs. Cabrera (defense puts him over the top)
LF: Young vs. Brantley (though Young has looked really good since coming over in the trade)
CF: Jackson vs. Fukudome PUSH (Sizemore is better than both)
RF: Boesch vs. Choo (underperforming Choo still a better player)
DH: Martinez vs. ??? (a push with a healthy Hafner, a squeaker over Thome, a blowout over anybody else)

Rotation is either a push or edge to Cleveland. Verlander is an A+, Fister is a B-, Scherzer, Porcello and Penny are all Ds. Masterson is an A-, Ubaldo is a B-, Fausto is either a B+ or a D- depending on the day (better lately), Tomlin is a C, Huff has B-/C+ potential (Carrasco is a D).

Bullpen edge goes heavy to Cleveland, though Perez has to get his shit together and quick.

Manager: Leyland vs. Acta (cranky, old motherfucker)

Front office: Dombrowski vs. Shapiro/Antonetti (Dave D. built two World Series winners in Florida and turned the worst team in the history of the AL into league champs 3 years later)

Ballpark: Comerica vs. Progressive (Indians are better built for their home park, Tigers are too slow to use the wide-open spaces in the outfield gaps)

Fans: PUSH (though http://roarofthetigers.wordpress.com is probably the funniest fan blog I've ever read)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

fucking jimenez. what is he? 1 and 2 or 1 and 3 since coming over? i don't wanna claim bust but seriously... detroit kicked his ass. and that was sort of why he was hired... to kick THEIR ass...

-unknown

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:55 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:23 am 
Godzilla

1st. Nice Anthony Reyes reference

2nd. Coydog must be cringing at my "woe is me cleveland fan diatribes"

3rd. that pistons/cavs argument would be quite a doozy, greg monroe is pretty sweet