[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Yuengling Coming to Ohio, Officially

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Yuengling Coming to Ohio, Officially
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

http://www.clevescene.com/scene-and-hea ... officially

Post subject: Re: Yuengling Coming to Ohio, Officially
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:26 am 
Mechagodzilla

Hell yes. I'll never drink another PBR again.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:25 am 
Jet Jaguar

fuckin' finally.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:18 pm 
Godzilla

Any idea on the distributor?

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 am 
Mechagodzilla

Sweet! Now where the hell is New Belgium?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:14 pm 
Jet Jaguar

See, this is just another reason why distribution itself, as a system, is flawed. Because of prohibition we have the wonderful world of distributors. I think it's a huge crime that small breweries (or in this case large breweries) can't just sell their beer to bars directly without having to go through a glorified middle man. It's because of Distributors that we also don't have 3 Floyds here yet, and why Chicago can't get some Bells products.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yes! :clap:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:58 pm 
Godzilla

is this beer really that good?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:28 am 
Godzilla

no.

imagine if you lived somewhere and you drank the cheap-shitty-hipster-beer-of-whatevertown, but you always heard about pbr.

now imagine "the man" tells you "well, you can't have pbr, cuz i say so." but you KNOW all the hipsters in town-two-states-over-from-whatevertown are drinking pbr, and nobody you hang out with does.

which means there's a cheapshittyhipsterbeer with even more cheapshittyhipster-cred than whatevertown brewery's ipa, or schiltz, or falstaff, or whatever the hipsters in whatevertown drink for 1.75 a pint.
even more "indie cred" because so few hipsters you know drink it, but the ones that do talk about it all the time.
and even more punk-rock-cred because "the man" telling you that you're not allowed to have it makes you want it all that much more,

and makes it that much more sweet when you finally get your hands on some.

but when you strip all that bullshit away, you're still drinking pbr.

same thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:37 am 
Godzilla

campus liquor still has mad stacks of og loko

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:49 am 
Godzilla

eh, the funny part is, i'm talking out my ass. i have no idea. i hate all beer. from budlight to old rasputin, it all tastes like bum-piss to me . . .

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:29 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Bastard, I actually think - even though you're talking out your ass - you're pretty spot on. Drank Yuengling for the first time in South Carolina a few years ago, bought a case to bring home because I felt like I just couldn't live without it. Once it crossed over the Ohio border and I got past the neighbors saying "Wow, where did you get that?", it was just another amber-colored beer. It's decent enough but I've often said exactly what you said - once this becomes commonplace in Ohio, people aren't going to be nearly as excited about it.

That being said, I'll buy a case as soon as it hits Columbus :)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:25 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I sort of feel when it comes to flavor... Yuengling > PBR

With that said, Yuengling is a great beer and I'll drink it if I'm given the option... But when it's lined up against other beers in a bar, I rarely choose it.

Also, at least here in NYC, it's cheaper than a lot of other things so it flows at BBQs. never a bad thing...

But I do agreed with Bastard.. Once it's a thing in Columbus, the mystique around it will drop 90% in the first few months.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:28 am 
Godzilla

I love beer in all its forms, but i have never understood the hype about Yuengling, tastes about like Killians to me. Plus it makes me fart. I'll take PBR all day long over it. Not to be a hater or anything, im glad its going to be an option here.

Coors used to have the same "unobtainable" mystique (remember "Smokey& the Bandit?"), but it is hard to picture it seeming particularly exotic now.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:31 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I think the coolest thing about Yuengling is its long-standing independence, but yeah, otherwise, what Bastard and Duffy said, once it gets here I'll probably never buy it unless it's the cheap beer on hand.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:31 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:00 am 
Mechagodzilla

In more unfortunate beer related news, the Ohio legislature has removed a provision from the budget that would have allowed Columbus Commons to sell alcohol, and eliminated a proposed increase for legal alcohol content of beer from 12 percent to 18 percent.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

They removed that? I thought it passed already? So great, now we can't get Dogfish Head 120 minute... again. I really don't get it. If you can buy wine that high, what's the difference with beer?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:43 am 
Mechagodzilla

Ohio, moving backwards one vote at a time...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:09 pm 
Godzilla

If you can't tell the difference between PBR and Yuengling, your argument is invalid.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:25 pm 
Mechagodzilla

had a pint of Yuengling at Gooski's in PGH on Saturday & it had a thick, warm, kinda :sick: bacon :sick: taste to it.
NO THANX :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:30 pm 
Mechagodzilla

what makes pbr great is how it doesnt have a taste.
u just pound a bunch of them at a party 2 have a "good time" :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm 
Godzilla

I stuck my dick in it. Felt just like any other amber lager to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:07 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

There's no mystique for me b/c I grew up with it in PA. What always appealed to me about Yuengling was that it was just as cheap (or cheaper) as all the Bud Lights and Millers but tasted better. There are a lot of better beers out there, but for a cheap domestic, I still think it's hard to beat Yuengling. (Prefer it over PBR, too.)

And yeah, it's really old and independent. It's pretty much the only thing sustaining Pottsville, PA.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 8:48 am 
Mechagodzilla