[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - How do you listen to music?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: How do you listen to music?
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 am 
Snarf

How do you listen to music? MP3 player, iPhone, Radio?

If the 50 and 60's was the era of the record, in the 70's we had tape, (lovely 8-tracks!), the Sony Walkman, then CD's and now MP3's.

This Day in Music is running a poll to find out how you listen to your music.

If you fancy having a vote http://tinyurl.com/tdimpoll

Post subject: Re: How do you listen to music?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

with my ears?

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 am 
King Ghidorah

To me a more interesting question is what do you do when you listen to music? It seems that it has fallen into a multi-tasking thing that has taken over our faster paced world. How many people put on music and just sit and listen? Can you really listen to an album and surf the internet at the same time?

I know for myself, that listening in the car can be cool, but sometimes I end up where I'm going and feel like the music never really sank in. While surfing on the computer an album can fly by and I felt like I never heard one note.

Since I am as busy as most people are these days and have little time, I usually put on the i-pod an hour before going to bed and listen. I am big fan of headphone listening.

I miss the old days when my buddies and I would just put on music and listen. No TV, no internet, no game system. Now music listening is a solitary thing for me.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I agree with slowmoroit. It seems most people listen to music as something to do while they do something else. I've discussed this with friends, most of whom don't do much more then download illegal music.

Music has almost always been something I do alone, sense I do like to just sit and listen to things and relax. My wife looks at me like I am crazy, asking why I am just sitting in the record room staring out the window or at the wall. To me it is not that different from sitting at watching TV, there is just not a visual aspect to it.

Music really does sound different and better when its just you and a record (or cd, mps, tapes, 8-track), no distractions.

With that said, I do listen to music while I do just about anything, driving, working, cleaning, etc etc.

Destroying intellectual freedom is always evil, but only religion makes doing evil feel quite so good. - P. Pullman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:03 pm 
Snarf

I ripped my CD collection to my computer, and I listen to it an album at a time on MP3s via iTunes. I have a smaller subset of my collection at my office and I listen to that there on headphones.

I listen to my iPod in my truck.

My wife's vinyl collection sits sadly unripped for now...we don't own a record player right now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:38 pm 
Godzilla

How do you not listen to music may be the best question..The stuff is EVERYWHERE..

I mean, how hard is it to get a moment of silence?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm 
Godzilla

I prefer to listen to music pretty much the same way I prefer to have sex: with all of the the lights off.

Alone.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:34 pm 
Mechagodzilla

speakers. big ones.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:13 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:50 pm 
Mothra

How do you listen to Led Zeppelin?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:16 am 
Snarf

3 rooms over.