[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Catfish

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Catfish
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:51 pm 
Godzilla

Anyone else see this? It isn't great, but it is a quick easy watch. Don't know how much of it is staged, though. If you watched it, did you think it was fake or a real documentary? Disturbing on some levels.

Post subject: Re: Catfish
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 2:50 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Indeed. There's alot of things to love about this movie. I really love it when the main guy wants to quit and the director keeps talking him out of it.

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:26 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I believe this was 100% real.

I'm also continuing my search for the woods where Blair Witch Project was filmed because I believe that if I can find it, I'll find Bigfoot's secret hiding spot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:36 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Have you seen that Blair Witch sequel? The 4th Kind.

I think we've all expereinced at least the fakes on socail networks, I've keep a photo album of all teh fakes that attempt to friend me on facebook, and honed my detection skills dodging them on Myspace.

We'll have to drop a spolier alert to get more in depth than that.

-American Music Club

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:10 am 
Godzilla

I don't think I am spoiling anything, but just in case

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

*** SPOILER ALERT ***

Ned, I agree it is real but there is debate on when they knew what they would find on their journey. Was the way the movie unfolded accurate? Some people seem to think that by a few simple Google searches prior to filming, they had an idea what they were going to find, which is why they decided to film it, so it could look like they found out through the course of the movie, when in reality, they knew all along (or knew with decent probability) what was going to be revealed.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I think I mentioned it earlier, but I do love the moment when the guy has found out all he wanted to know and is ready to start walking away, and the director is like "dude! this is finally a story now." that tension remains for a while longer.

i also like how it illustrates the fact that most important aspect of selling art is the narative you create around a piece of art. cleary the most exciting thing about those paintings was the story of the girl who made them, which as it turns out was a complete construction.

i forget. doesn't he continue to sell her paintings after he finds out the truth? i doubt he changed the story he tells the people who buy the paintings.

-American Music Club