[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Carebear Fail

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Carebear Fail
PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 am 
Godzilla

Thanks for the footwork Wes. After not getting a solution the night of, when the bartender recognized the error, calling and not getting a voicemail or answering machine, emailing and not getting a response, it turns out that an unclassy review of the poor service I received and an indictment of the unprofessionalism I've come to associate with the bar was the most effective way of illiciting a response short of swinging by the bar (while I'm out of town). I wasn't doggedly determined for a refund. The $$$ isn't even the point. After hearing the incident with Mr. Spaghetti I was convinced I wasn't dealing with anybody who gives a shi$. The responses giving support to and justification of the mistreatment of a performer based on his name, appearance, set list, the car he drives and whatever the fuck else is uncool about him was the biggest surprise and probably the biggest reason for avoiding the place. I call that a fail. As to the fire marshall calls, you're gonna have to meet me in a smoky, board room at midnight to have that discussion or wait for hell to freeze over for the perp to fess up. Now I'll leave y'all alone again until the next Kanye West record drops.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:11 am 
King Ghidorah

A few years ago, one of the Carabar staff switched my debit card with another guys card on accident, I figured it out the next day and stopped in, Ron and Cara both apologized, tracked the guy down, politely set up the trade and gave me a bunch of food or coffee or something while I was waiting for the guy to show up.

Most people I know in the world can be a real pain in the ass whey they want to be, the same goes for me, the same goes for Ron, but I'd bet for every, like, "carabar staff are assholes" story out there, there are five or ten or fifty "carabar staff went out of their way to help me out" stories.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:28 am 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:19 am 
Mothra

Eddie Spaghetti is a worthless asshole. Also his songs supersuck. These are facts not opinions.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:33 am 
Snarf

Oh my, this thread has really brought out the old boys. the fortress has been threatened!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:43 am 
King Ghidorah

give dude his money back Carabar.
buy him a drink(s)
hug it out

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:23 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Ah, Christmas. The time of year when those teetering on the edge are sent spinning into the abyss of madness and alcoholism. Cheers!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:31 pm 
King Ghidorah

I wonder if I could get a gig at Carabar? :think:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

Did anyone mention Eddie Spaghetti sucks yet?

Where's A Planet for Texas when you need them?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:09 pm 
Godzilla

Last edited by thefiercelime on Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I hesitate to make this thread any more reasonable when you've taken it to such a delightful place, but instead of spreading rumors about reasons Larry Lasagna might have been berated, conspiracies about employees plotting to steal your money or force you to buy more gas, and snitching accusations, you might want to have a conversation with the people who could set you straight on any of this.
(I believe the main issue with Eddie Spaghetti was that he played exactly the same set earlier in the day at a free in store, and had a generally dickish attitude. However, I wasn't at the show, not being a fan.)
I have never seen any owners/current employees of Carabar posting on this board, so this may not really be the place to come for answers. Try the comments section of Weedsteeler or your local Masonic temple if you seek the truth.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:46 pm 
Jet Jaguar

quite brilliant and divine discussion we have here glad the truth has been exposed.

also, remember when they had that one terrible sound guy. he was in some terrible bands and didnt like me on a personal or professional level. i roughed him up on this here message forum and taught him who is in charge i am in charge

ha ha ha carabar is now destroyed

reputation is zero just like the tip i leave the "bartenders"

tee hee heee heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee the lime destroyed the bar

i am dancing on the grave

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:06 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:43 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Was anyone at Carabar to witness what happened to Ronny Rigatoni? I am speaking to the Dago Defamation League about a lawsuit. Hopefully, we can get some money for Ronny and Eddie or at least replace Carabar with a Fazoli's.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:29 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:18 pm 
Godzilla

Carebear Fail Thread Fail

This was all in poor taste; like the New Coke ploy. This is clearly a setup for Ron and Eddie to do a Christmas record of duets next year for charity.

Carebear=Ron, not the Carabar staff. My apologies to those fine folks.

All I got left to say about Ron is, "C'mon, man!" and "Better luck next year". No show is really free. Ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This shit show was free.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:18 am 
Godzilla

sssssssssss!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:34 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:42 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 6:12 pm 
Godzilla

Ah, the beauty of the absurdity of this thing called rock and roll intrigues me greatly. Thank DW.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 86 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next