[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - clever crow pizza on anthony bourdain monday!

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: clever crow pizza on anthony bourdain monday!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:46 pm 
Godzilla

hey y'all, i know some of you heard rumbling about this before, but i just wanted to let everyone know that the episode of "anthony bourdain: no reservations" featuring columbus' own clever crow pizza will be airing monday night on travel channel. if you're familiar with the show, you know this is gonna be cool. if you're familiar with the pizza, you know this is gonna fucking rule! be sure to tune in to the episode and support what gary does in his kitchen. plus you'll get to see other columbus culinary greats like jeni (sharing her ice creams) and warren from snowville creamery while we all sat around circus devouring pie after pie of clever crow pizza. it was a fucking awesome day when they were there to film it, i'm sure it's gonna make some fun television. and if you haven't had it before, i promise you, after you watch the segment, you'll be dying to find out what we all already know. it's the best gourmet pizza this town has right now . . .

check out the preview of the episode
http://www.bing.com/videos/watch/video/ ... us/5smuwu3

Post subject: Re: clever crow pizza on anthony bourdain monday!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:57 pm 
Godzilla

hey y"all . . .
tonight at circus we'll be watching the episode at the bar. punk rock karaoke will be stalled off til 11.
gary will be there doing a little meet & greet while the show's on. he'll also be handing out samples of some of his pizzas.
but the kitchen is still officially closed on mondays, so don't plan on having a full dinner there . . .

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:40 pm 
Godzilla

I didn't even know there was pizza at Circus. Can't wait to try it!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:03 pm 
Godzilla

best fuckin' gourmet pizza in this town, no bullshit.

i love bono and i've had it exactly TWICE since gary moved clever crow into circus.

shit is the bomb!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:07 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:40 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

good to see columbus on the show..

although some early responses on my facebook feed didn't like how the show portrayed the town (outside of the two restaurants.. PS what was the first one?)

also great to see the high five kitchen put to good use.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:38 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Clever Crow is without a doubt the best pizza in Columbus.

DVR'd the show, but from the responses I'm reading on the internet I'm pretty sure it's going to piss me off.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:57 pm 
King Ghidorah

Columbus "secret": Lee Garden next to Kihachi has great Chinese food, dim sum, they're open late (2 or 3AM?) and the owner is super nice.

Also, Clever Crow is the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:24 am 
Godzilla

Never been to Kihachi. It was kinda cool seeing all the tat'ed/punky looking folks at Circus. Kinda made Columbus look tough instead of douchy.

If Columbus wants to eat at the Big Kids table, it's going to have to learn to take "disparaging" comments much more in stride. Are people really that insecure about somebody thinking Columbus is a backwater?

That dude in Michigan with the duck prosciutto- goddamn that sounded good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:29 am 
King Ghidorah

The tuna collar from that japanese place looked good as hell, and I'm not big on phish.

Any recommendations for that pizza joint? It all looked so good!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:14 pm 
King Ghidorah

I can attest for Kihachi. The menu's different from day to day and completely in Japanese so you'll need your server to translate. No tuna collar or horse mackerel liver the night my wife and I stopped in, but the chef's dinner was one of the best meals of my life.

Now I just need a recommendation for some good pork belly? Anyone?

Just being on Bourdain was good for Columbus. I don't see where the complaints are coming from. He wasn't in town to sample our cultural treasures, just eat at some funky restaurants recommended to him by local food blogs and give a lecture.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:13 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:39 pm 
Godzilla

Have been wanting to try Clever Crow for months, but the Bourdain chatter and an open weekend night finally gave the opportunity to go and see what the fuss is all about. Went with the sweet corn pizza with home-made sausage and it was amazing. So good. The special pizza that night sounded good too, but had already sold out.

Our server was a really nice guy, very helpful with the menu items, fun to chat with. If you use Facebook, his recommendation was to follow Clever Crow on Facebook- - because the specials are typically announced there.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:57 pm 
Godzilla

that was most likely red. he's one of the owners of the bar.

and the corn&sausage is one of the most perfect pies columbus has ever had to offer . . .

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:44 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:21 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

There is a vegetarian (that I believe is vegan) and a crow style (which is cheeseless). I inherited lactose intolerance in the fam and I believe both of those were ordered.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:12 pm 
Godzilla

They just aired a Cleveland ep (whole show, btw) with Harvey Pekar. I have to say I've got huge mad respect for Bourdain now--hadn't really watched too often. Be sure to check it out when if you get a chance.

Polish Boys, West Side Market, Soul food, German sausage -fuck yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:49 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 10:37 am 
King Ghidorah

Since being shown on Bourdain has the restaraunt seen a big boost in business?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:07 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

They were sold out of pizza a couple of Fridays ago (post airing).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:41 pm 
Godzilla

its been a fucking enormous boost to his sales. he's had to hire another guy in the kitchen, the floor staff has gone from one bartender/server to 3 during the busiest part of the day and two at all other times. there were a couple of days that he ran out of crusts before closing time, but he's been going out of his way to make sure that's not happening any more. this past saturday was insane for a little while, and more than once recently i've seen every single seat on the floor and at the bar filled. so fucking congrats to gary . . .

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:34 pm 
Godzilla

Coming soon to the North Market

The North Market is pleased to welcome a trio of new businesses that round out our merchant mix and put our occupancy at capacity:

Clever Crow Pizza Gary Robinette and wife Brooke Howell-Robinette will be turning out their hearty cornmeal crust pizzas that were featured in the Travel Channel show, No Reservations. The couple also smokes and cures their own meats and pickles and cures local vegetables for toppings on the pizzas which will be available for dine-in, carryout or take-and-bake one day soon!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:12 pm 
Godzilla

Is Clever Crow moving out of Circus to go to the North Market or will they be operating in 2 locations?