[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Jack White defends Third Man Records eBay auctions

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jack White defends Third Man Records eBay auctions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 6:21 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: Jack White defends Third Man Records eBay auctions
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:40 pm 
Godzilla

sounds pretty logical to me

glad im not a white stripes collector

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:04 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

This dude is the lamest and so are his fan boys. If you can't hang with people flipping YOUR collector versions then don't make them. Oh wait... but would people buy them without some baseball card geek out feature.

Couple this with RSD Black Friday Edition it leads to believe that I'll be able to sell my 90's baseball card collection. Does anyone want a bedazzled Jerome Walton Rated Rookie with an unreleased boob shot taped to the back? First moron with a stiffy can have it for $75.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

yeah this shit is so lame.
RECORD $TORE DAY...THE LABEL
"manufactured collectibles for a manufactured holiday"

everybody associated with "music" is such a fucking weasel. go to austin, texas in march sometime or play a show at a "D.I.Y. $$pace" in new york city & u'll see what i mean

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:42 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

RSD and RSD Black Friday are these luring the same people who would rather buy some Itunes stuff into record stores to buy some manufactured collectable. I mean, most of these people, IMO, have abandoned brick and mortar shops for the ease of ITunes/ downloads but the allure of getting in on the ground floor of something "collectable" is totally insane and will 100% fail when the general public no longer cares about "vinyls". I've said it a million times, I don't need a "holiday" to spend my money at a good record store.

It is sickening and I personally would rather spend my money on something ill. There are plenty of great records out new and reissued (and used!). Does the world need a "collectable" U2 record? Does the world need another U2 record period? Rock music ended with Les Rallizes Denudes. All these other dudes are false.

It bums me out to see all this major label trash getting issued for RSD. It's a total cash grab. I read that you could buy the new George Benson on CD on Black Friday RSD (reg release date in Jan). COULD ANYONE CARE ABOUT GEORGE BENSON? ON A CD? I like taking smooth shits but smooth jazz can really fuck off.

Sorry, if I'm surly. Little sleep, myself and little kids don't mix.

Last edited by jill ebenezer on Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:45 pm 
Godzilla

This is inspiring. I've been meaning to buy back our old catalog, out of print stuff on amazon for $1 and then flip it at at shows for $2.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:42 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

i'll trade some of my rare beanie babies for that conan single.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm 
King Ghidorah

I think there is nothing to be defensive about. Like Jack said, if the demand was not there it would not go for those higher prices. Don't want to spend 300 bucks on a record? Then just don't do it. No one is being forced to buy this shit.

If you have to have it and don't have the cash, download the fucker for free.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:43 pm 
Mothra

There's something kind of Republican and mean-spirited about what White's doing. It's this uber-capitalism gone awry. Bit of a control freak, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:42 pm 
Mothra

I agree, he should be more Democrat and free-spirited and just give whatever I want for free.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 5:56 pm 
Mothra

you know it.
C'mon Jack. At least be more independent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 8:55 pm 
Godzilla

At least it's only records. That would suck if they were in charge of setting prices for food. We make a loaf of bread for like 10 cents and sell it for a few more pennies a loaf. They turn around and sell it at a $.67 markup. We figured this time we'd let you decide how much a loaf of bread is worth. You don't wanna eat, don't fuggin buy it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:21 am 
Godzilla

Jill, do you mean to say that someday the general public won't care about vinyl?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2010 2:22 pm 
King Ghidorah

Wait, Jack White is an asshole?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:49 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:34 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:59 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:20 pm 
Mechagodzilla

cdr is reissuing out of print (OOP :oops: ) cassettes on vinyl so they can b enjoyed by people other then collectors, AND on a superior format. if u have a double lp, u put it in a gatefold because stuffing 2 lps in one jacket is for amatuers.

i changed "but" 2 "AND"

Last edited by christopher lasch on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

this might be easiest way to explain.
go 2 a distro on the internet and u'll see that the cdr releases through that distro r usually less expensive than the other distro's records because cdr sells their records 2 distros on the cheap. they arent selling them through auction sites.

selling records & gear or pretty much anything on auction sites or craigslist is 4 desperate people who need $$$ because they r losers with children and pets or church or think that jack white/alicia keyes james bond song is good :cry: :cry: :cry:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:39 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Is that a fridge?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

on a related note, do u think user:RoboticEmpire has sold any of his EUROPEAN IMPORTS or HOLIDAY GIVEAWAYS thru this website :?: :oops: :?: :oops: :?: :oops: