progress "dead in its tracks"

Post subject: Re: 3C train dead in its tracks, Kasich tells Strickland
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:54 am 
Godzilla

ZOMG I'M MOVING TO CANADA.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:57 am 
Godzilla

Sticking with the status quo, i.e., "that's not how we used to do things" gets your bum a$$ fired at work or your company goes down like a dinosaur, but, it's business as usual in our fine democracy. What a joke. Kasich is an ahole.

+1 for our "inticate system of checks and balances" that =s a bunch of dumba$$ "independents" and "swing voters" essentially giving a thumbs up to slooooooooooooooooooow, MODERATE progress with their flip-flop votes; the same idiocrats who think term limits are great because we can't trust anybody, afterall, but their vote still counts somehow (even though nobody is really counting their votes for them). Their votes for Dancing with the Stars and American Idol is all that really matters.

Would you like the lesser of two losers? Mark A or B and pull the fugging lever.

"I voted today!" is half-a$$ed activism for jack-off American Dreamers. Maybe they should be dreaming of actually creating a Democracy instead of pretending that a Democracy exists.

I have an idea. Let's turn 270 into a parking lot and enjoy the freedom to trap ourselves in our cities like fish for hours every day, driving solo in our safe, affordable and efficient AUTO mobiles, because that's rational.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:17 pm 
Godzilla

Do you know this guy?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:19 pm 
Godzilla

So....this guy supports Ohio Christians (who are against baby-murdering Muslims) who are running for president?

Or, he supports Ohio Christians who are against baby-murdering Muslims who are running for president?

I am confused.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:09 am 
Godzilla

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02037.html

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:09 pm 
Godzilla

Interesting article. That sliver of the population who benefit from the government subsidies are getting a better return than what we've been getting for military spending in the past 40 years. 35 billion in subsides for Amtrak since 1971? It would be nice if we could say the same about military spending but $35 billion in just a year would be a record low.

"Culminating the demobilization of the World War II military establishment, real military spending hit its postwar low in calendar year 1947 at $10 billion, equivalent to about $45 billion in 1982 dollars, or 4.3 percent of GNP."

Great gains would be made if the U.S. shut its neverending war machine down and pursued the creation of jobs to improve its infrastructure; increasing the quality of life for its citizens rather than wreaking havoc abroad for corporate interests and globalization.

I'm not waiting on that to happen, of course. Americans love war and those pesky terrorists are everywhere. The Bilderberg Group loves it, too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 11:14 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Wow, how many ways is that guy fucked? Interstate highways changed the surrounding infrastructure when they were built; so would high-speed rail systems. Passenger rail will only work when it is fully funded. Keeping a skeleton system going really is kind of a waste, honestly. There need to be feeder lines, enough state-of-the-art equipment, and a commitment to success, rather than a continual threat of funding cuts or dissolution. Also, I haven't heard any proposals for cross-country HSR, only regional systems in the east, midwest, and pacific coast. I'd like to see the population density numbers for these areas only, not including the mountains and deserts of the west. Rail ridership is going UP in areas that are doing it right.