[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Louie

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Louie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:14 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

We haven't started speaking about it because we all know it rules so hard, right?

Post subject: Re: Louie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:39 pm 
Godzilla

I thought the first episode was pretty hilarious. the next 2 had their moments but weren't as good IMO.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:59 am 
Mechagodzilla

i've been loving it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:49 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:56 am 
Mothra

My only complaint is that the episodes are so short.

The fight between Louie and Nick DiPaolo was possibly the most realistic thing I have ever seen on television. Does anyone know if the show is completely scripted or do they use a fair amount of improv?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:03 am 
Godzilla

finally watching.

LIKE.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:11 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This show has more balls than all the rest of my shitty basic cable put together.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:14 am 
Godzilla

I love this show.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:27 am 
Godzilla

highlight of the season was definitely him giving shit to the heckler lady,

however the rest of the season was pretty strong with the exception of the episode with the bully , couldnt quite sink my teeth into that one

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:03 pm 
Godzilla

finally saw three of these in the last week. wish i'd been watching it all along.

i loved dr. gervais,
but the episode with pamela from "lucky louie" as the playdate kid's mom was fucking brilliant from top to bottom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:18 pm 
Godzilla

watched his new standup movie Hilarious over the weekend on epix. For some reason even though they're very similar I think i enjoy the standup a lot more than the show.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

we saw him perform @ Carnegie Hall Thursday night, it was amazing.

PS - how come I never noticed THIS - every episode!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 am 
Godzilla

that's fucking perfect.

and i love the pizza-shots during the opening credits, cuz i always watch 2 or 3 eps after bartending on saturday nights, and i ALWAYS have a slice or 2 of latenightslice and am eating big ny slices at the same time he is. genius.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:56 am 
King Ghidorah

Streaming on Netflix!!!

It's great, the first episode hit me weirdly, but it's grown on me. It's got some pretty brilliant moments. The one with his Mom is brutally on-point. The mom character is awesome, in a way that just makes you uncomfortable.

So much truth and darkness in what he does.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

LOVE this show.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

Marc Maron does a podcast (WTF with Marc Maron) available for free on iTunes and has a Louis C.K. two part interview that's a pretty good listen for a road trip.

Jus' sayin'.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

If you haven't seen his standup special, Chewed Up, I highly recommend it. You can stream it on Netflix.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:56 am 
Godzilla

who in the fuck would have thought that joan fucking rivers would have the funniest scene in a show all year . . .

jesuzzzzz.

"40?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:38 am 
Godzilla

"SMELL MY BREATH!!!"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:47 am 
Mothra

Louis C.K. was on Fresh Air last week. He talks a lot about the show.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:12 am 
Godzilla

i don't think i've ever enjoyed that song as much in my whole life . . .