[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - LeBron's last hurrah???

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: LeBron's last hurrah???
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:40 pm 
Jet Jaguar

"There's nothing to do ... except masturbate and cry."

-just described 95% of the internet. :oops: :oops: :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:51 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:17 pm 
Godzilla

Oh yeah, and this:

http://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/18150750353

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I kind of feel sorry for Byron Scott.
also
Who has better record next year... Cavs or Nets?

I still am not sure how I feel about all this. Earlier in the year all I wanted was to see LeBron and Wade on the same team. I think they have really great chemistry and I don't believe Wade will be selfish. There will be more ally-oops than the NBA has ever seen. As far as James he tried to get Bosh and he said no. And though it all, I would rather live in Miami than Ohio, so I can't blame him. If it weren't for the whole production behind drawing it out and then stabbing Cleveland in the heart on national television I don't think I could be mad at him... Except he said "I have one goal and one goal only, and that's to bring a world championship to Cleveland." Why isn't there more footage of that clip floating around?

fuck it, bring on Football.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:09 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Pat Carney on Lebron
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2010/07/ ... rom-akron/

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Matt Taibbi: The Five Funniest Things About the "Lebron James: Global Superdouche" Broadcast http://bit.ly/d0dxbV

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 7:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

Brian Windhorst, writer who's been following LeBron since high school. Probably has the most objective, well-informed and no-bullshit approach towards all this than anyone.

Everyone's an asshole. LeBron just revealed his hand faster than Jordan.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:14 pm 
Godzilla

Someone wasn't amused by Gilbert's letter.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:22 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:42 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:35 pm 
Godzilla

Well shame on the Cavs for making him a GM. Kraus didn't let Jordan do it (for the most part) and that's eventually what led to Jordan's retirement.

Are you talking about the 2004 Pistons? Rasheed Wallace / Hamilton / Ben Wallace / Prince. The team was pretty effin good, dude.

Pippen may have been from Arkansas but he was the 5th player taken. It was no secret he was good.

Anyway, who cares, what Justin wrote was some of the funniest shit I've seen in weeks on here.

Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:21 pm 
Godzilla

Not sure where the humor is in the post, but I do understand taking pleasure in certain cities sports related misery

however even if this would of happened to the Jazz (who I despise) or an NFL team I hate like the Bengals, I dont think I would of supported the player

Lebron isnt and is never going to be Jordan (or Kobe). This decision cements that, and its our fault for getting duped

I cant support the "organization didnt do anything to help him" argument. They did win 60+ games the past 2 seasons

(and the main cog in the Pistons title runs was Billups who was an NBA castoff prior to Detroit)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:12 pm 
Godzilla

I'm not supporting the player. I'm just not supporting the city or that poor excuse of an owner. Lebron took less money to leave and win.

You best take another look at that 2004 team. Cause, at best Billups shared the spotlight with Hamilton. Prince was really good and a younger Rasheed and Ben Wallace made for one hell of a team....

You seem like a basketball fan, so I know I don't need to point out how pointless wins during the regular season are in the NBA. The playoffs are different and Cavs never had a team built for the playoffs. The only reason they went anywhere, ever, was because of Lebron.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:33 pm 
Godzilla

I absolutely do know the regular season is watered down, but 60+ wins is 60+ wins. No one diminishes the Bulls 72 regular season wins

The Bulls however sealed the deal 6 times after several failures, LBJ refused to finish the job

as for the Pistons, no one on the lineup you mentioned could garner a max contract. They were however all very good players. We had a max guy in Lebron, and filled in the other spots with complementary players (of which, Z, Moe, Jamison, Ben Wallace and Shaq had/have been all - stars).

if you guys have ideas on specifically what the Cavs could of done differently, id be welcome to hearing them. Im a die hard Cavs fan and dont have complaints with the moves of the front office. I do feel Byron Scott would of been the right coach to take the next step, similar to Phil Jackson taking over for Doug Collins in Chicago.

Lebron was the star and he was compensated accordingly. His lack of focus and level of play in the 2009 playoffs were a big part of our failure. Its becoming clear that his focus may have already been shifting to Miami during that time

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:56 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Scoop Jackson, for once, with some common sense.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/commenta ... son/100710

Obviously 'Bron is still an asshole for doing the special, though.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:23 pm 
Godzilla

FYI:

Post Season vs. Boston:

Lebron: Min. 42.5 FG% 44.7 RPG 9.3 APG 7.2 PPG 26.8

Kobe: Min. 41.1 FG% 41.1 RPG 8.0 APG 3.9 PPG 28.6

Both players were below their averages against the Celtics in the postseason.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:26 pm 
Godzilla

as for max contract guy, it was a poor choice of wording on my part, my point was they didnt have a truly high profile guy

and im missing something here, you guys have asserted that they didnt do enough to keep him, but are also chastising the front office for bending over backwards to keep him happy

he was more Magic like, guess who probably would of utilized that... Magic's former teammate Coach Scott

He had the right to sign elsewhere but in doing so he gave up and it sucks, it sucks even more that he was fom NE Ohio

As a Cav fan Im done talking about it, im more interested in the moves there going to make moving forward and do plan on attendng more games this season then last

I have enjoyed trading barbs about the NBA though, its rare to find people that give an f about it esp on donewaiting

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:45 pm 
Godzilla

Kobe 3.9
Lebron 4.5

Hey man, it's all good.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:56 am 
Godzilla

fwiw, it may be years before Im able to discuss this situation with any sense of objectivity

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:15 am 
Godzilla

Have you guys heard about this new LeBron James iPhone?

_
You can only set it to vibrate because it doesn't have a ring.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next