[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Matador's Birthday Party (including GBV classic reunion)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Matador's Birthday Party (including GBV classic reunion)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:56 pm 
Godzilla

I heard a rumor that the classic GBV lineup is reuniting and playing Matador's 21st birthday party in Vegas with Pavement the first weekend of October.

So, apparently we can relive the eary 90s all year. It sure beats the hell out of reliving the 80s, IMO. I've had it with that neverending reunion.

Post subject: Re: Matador's Birthday Party
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:53 pm 
Snarf

Dang it. i will be in Vegas the week before. I missed GBV everytime they played Columbus. Instead, with my luck, there will be a final 80's blowout show with Flock of Seagulls, Tommy Tutone, Wham, Starship, Ray Parker Jr, et all in the streets of Vegas. I wonder who would headline.........?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:43 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: Matador's Birthday Party (including GBV classic reunion)
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:01 pm 
Godzilla

...just got done telling my girlfriend too bad we're vacationing in August and will be broke for this, but, if Yo La Tengo is on the bill we're going---not missing the 3 greatest bands of the 90s in Vegas of all freaky places...then, just saw that Yo La Tengo are, indeed, on the bill. Hell fu#$ing yes.

Also...Billboard says that more dates will be announced.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Does this mean Mitch Mitchell is still alive? I hope so.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:46 pm 
Godzilla

Yep. Can you believe it? Bob, Toby, Mitch, Greg and Kevin.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:45 am 
Godzilla

Lime, I will totally head out there with you. I'm totally for serious.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:42 am 
Mothra

tickets onsale friday 7/9, $199 for the weekend. you can get a room for up to 4 people for $99/night at the Palms.

anybody else wants to do this, i'm in.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:29 pm 
Godzilla

I figured they'd be about $200 a piece. Trying to figure out how the heck I'm going to come up with the money by Friday. I'll keep you posted, Coydog.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 1:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:00 pm 
Mothra

just announced today you can buy $250 tickets w/ no reservations.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:55 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:10 am 
Godzilla

I'll be shocked if you have the option to buy these as soon as you login. I think 2100 are going to go very fast. Good luck in the ticket scramble on Friday if you're trying to get them. Some corporation probably has a computer going in there to buy 200 or 300.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:46 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:18 pm 
King Ghidorah

So everyone knows the GBV classic reunion show/debacle is going to tour in the fall. They'll surely play at the very least Dayton, and likely Columbus/Cleveland or Southgate. Get on the horn Benco.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:19 pm 
Godzilla

Yeah, I was figuring that. So screw Vegas. Rocking in Dayton with Bob this weekend. Maybe I can convince him to play Columbus and save us all a roadtrip.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:10 pm 
Mechagodzilla

tickets sold out in 2 minutes. did anybody here luck into some?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:00 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:19 am 
Godzilla

I hear the same. I dig Southgate, though. Always fun. Columbus, for some reason, has always been about the worse place to see Bob, although the Alrosa was fun a couple of times. Unfortunately, I kind of understand the rep that this city gets now for being lethargic concert-goers. Dayton would be nice, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:59 am 
King Ghidorah

I'm predicting Southgate and Outland. Believe it. Insider Information.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:21 am 
Snarf

GBV! GBV! GBV!
“Classic Lineup” Reunion Tour

SOUTHGATE HOUSE BALLROOM
Newport, KY
Friday October 15

Tickets on sale Friday morning at 10am

Online, by phone, at Shake It Records and at the Lounge
While they last

http://www.ticketweb.com/snl/Search.act ... gate+house

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:27 am 
King Ghidorah

TNV is opening all dates.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:39 am 
King Ghidorah

fuck yeah! The Columbus show Oct. 16 is 1 day before I leave for Vermont. Sweet!