[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Here's the Comfest Schedule

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Here's the Comfest Schedule
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:42 pm 
Mechagodzilla

*unless your name is Angus Young

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:01 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:19 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:35 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

The one and only thing I have to snark about is repeats on the same stages. I think it's unfair to other local bands. 2 years in a row for some bands on the same stage isn't cool at all and it should be faux pas and not allowed. C'mon guys WTF?

Other than that Comfest rulz. See u all there yay! Only a few days! WOOOOOOHOOOOO BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!1!!!1!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:24 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 am 
Mechagodzilla

HONEST :?: QUESTION :?: FOR THOSE IN THE KNOW :?: :?: :?: :idea:
Exactly how many :evil: KKKops :evil: can I eXpect to be IN the park this weekend :sick: :cry: :sick: :cry:

I JUST NEED TO PREPARE FOR THE HUGE :sick: KNOT :sick: THAT WILL FORM IN MY STOMACH AS I SEE KIDZ BENT OVER AND HANDCUFFED FOR PUFFING J'ssssssssssss :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:39 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:51 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:37 am 
Godzilla

SHIN TOWER PREVIEW

http://columbus.m.metromix.com/mobile/m ... 95/content

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:50 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:36 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:31 am 
Mothra

2 cents worth: I wouldn't worry that much about it. With over 50,000 people in the park, unless you're naked, painted purple, and waving a kilo of pot around while standing on the Bozo Stage, I think your odds of getting busted are still pretty slim....?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:39 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:07 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:21 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I'll be wearing a M&M halloween costume with no bottoms and carrying a super soaker full of morphine. Holler. If you post here and want to know where "The Macgruber of Drugs" is hanging come see me. You will have to be able to finish the phrase "Only Neo is me, no Cleo can see my future..."

I will also need a reliable person to bail me out of jail so I can go to work on Monday. I'm partying responsibly this year.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:18 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:20 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:29 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 3:14 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:39 pm 
Snarf

The biggest thing I have heard about ComFest since becoming a local musicicalicialician is "it's cliquey". Then I hear "but it's not, really, it's open to everyone to try out" and "they'll come hear and see bands who try out". Then I hear "this year there will be more new bands they promise'.

What confuses me is that all of these statements are often true and false simultaneously. ComFest changes reality like that. So does rumor mill telephone gaming and a lack of transparency wrapped in a layer of community openness.

I wonder what changes the next few years will bring as the Lumpy Wavy Gravy crowd like Mark F lose influence over the Committee folks.

Also, "new bands" often means "same guys from The Magic Fucknostrils except with a new drummer so they're called Beans A Neck Pillow now". This is partly insularity and cliquishness, partly the fact that the social circles in columbus are terribly overlapping.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:32 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:57 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:46 pm 
Godzilla

On with the show, this is it!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Looks like a regular Comfest schedule.

Tolford closing out Bozo stage on Saturday is a very nice move.

I like the fact that most of the bands that are playing primetime hours at Offramp are bands that actually play out. I like the stretch that starts with Flu Faker on Saturday.

Bozo lineup is always strange but it doesn't matter. Bozo stage is a tourist trap/cooler town/redneck riviera so I usually stay away.

Sunday is the day to take kids. Good spots in the shade by the playground and can still hear offramp.

Bring a poncho if ya got one.

Practice saying the alphabet backwards before you go.

Should be some fun stuff to tape. I will post some shows next week.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 193 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next