[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Parking Lot Blowout 2010 (Gibson Brothers, Scrawl, Turks)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Parking Lot Blowout 2010 (Gibson Brothers, Scrawl, Turks)
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:02 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:03 pm 
Mothra

I'm hope for some major youth action for the rest of the bill.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 7:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

dear parking lot blowout people,

i have checked with the members of my three bands and we are all available to play at this event after 3pm because one guy has to be with his kid in the AMs before his baby momma takes her back.

i am offering you two scenarios. one is typical of some hot action that happens in columbus about once every three months while one is something we all kicked around in 3-band-band practice and it may blow your mind. i should probably have one of the other guys logon to the board and give the details properly because i am too distracted by emeril to properly convey what sort of awesomeness that is going to happen.

orbit.zcom style

first option:

my three bands play back to back to back starting at 4pm. as you all are aware i do this a few times a year so i can make 4x the pay for just one night.

the other option makes me shit my pants thinking about it. i have to go to the laundromat so going through all my underwonders in one weekend is pissing me off. but this idea is amazing.

okay

the next option is amazing

i should probably email someone about this but i now do all my conversations via twitter. i guess it wont be a surprise. after the makes of the lot blowout confirm my bands maybe we can remove the posts so it will still be a surpriser to some people.

okay sorry, i am back i just shit my pants again i am so excited

i am not pregnant assholes, that is not the excitement

okay, what my proposal definition is that the band members of all three of my bands can form together to one gigantic band and we can do a two hour monster jam of ALL ORIGINAL SONGS and none of the songs that the bands play. we wont even play any of the covers that we typically play. even though i love that goddamn cheap trick song, we will resist.

are you as fucking pumped as my shit pants are?? (i dont mean the treehouse, ha ha ha)

so please let me know if you want what the guys and i are calling SUPERJAM to play the parking lot event.

we know this is charity event so we wont even charge you. we just will probably drink a keg of stella.

contact me via twitter or here

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:51 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i wish this event wasnt secretly run by the president of the Central Ohio Restaurant Association :cry: :cry: :cry:
ImageImage
ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:42 pm 
King Ghidorah

Dang, I'm actually going to be in Ohio that day, but am scheduled to fly home before the blowout starts. Think I'll look into changing my flight for this.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:24 pm 
Jet Jaguar

waiting for an answer
:pray: :pray: :pray:

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 10:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Check out the freshly updated CMC website, now with full Parking Lot Blowout 2010 line-up!!

BIG thanks to palerider & sheena_b for their hard work on the website!!

Fancy poster for PLBO's 5-yr anniversary from Bam Bam coming soon...

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 6:56 am 
King Ghidorah

Fat Girls by the mutha-effin' Snack Table. Yesssss.

And that new website is boss. :clap:

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:28 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 11:52 am 
Godzilla

thanks again to everyone who's helped us make it to five years.

can't wait to rock with everyone in july. :)

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:16 pm 
Godzilla

dear jovan & sam,
yer awesome.

that said,

dear new bomb turks,
plz do show with bill.

dear scrawl,
plz do show with carolyn!

(& perhaps dana!)

k? thx.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 10:12 am 
Snarf

so here's the latest well-founded rumor for july 10th -- post-gibson bros show at the summit with:

THE OBLIVIANS
CHEATER SLICKS
BASSHOLES
DEXTER ROMWEBER

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 1:21 pm 
Mothra

completely crappy I will miss both shows, the blowout and the Summitt show as I will be in school. But we had almost that exact same lineup for one of the Anyway Fests one year, with no Flat Due Jets, although I have a funny story about Dexter crawling into bed with me and a woman and he was eating a piece of fried chicken!
Bela

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 2:57 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:20 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Wrote about the Gibsons and the reunion:
http://theotherpaper.com/articles/2010/ ... 156517.txt

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:30 pm 
Mothra

Read it. It was a very sweet article. Don's last quote kind of choked me up.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:41 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 3:50 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:08 pm 
Godzilla

Btw/FYI, New Bomb Turks and Scrawl are on Pandora.

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Last edited by missing stache's on Fri May 28, 2010 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:24 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:38 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 4:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri May 28, 2010 9:09 pm 
Snarf

I haven't been to any of the past Blowout, so I'm just curious about some of the details.

How many people can be accommodated at the space? I keep reading things hyping the day and just wondered if there will be a mob of people there. Do people tend to stay for all the bands? I'll be coming from out of town and I'm just paranoid that I'll get there but then not actually be able to get into the event. Are these fear ungrounded?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 133 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next