[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - The Black Keys, Brothers

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:20 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Black Keys, Brothers
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:16 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

stream @ http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =126607501

Post subject: Re: The Black Keys, Brothers
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:18 am 
King Ghidorah

Leak'D

I like the song they play on the radio tho. Not sure the name. I'm excited for this album and a tour

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:24 am 
King Ghidorah

These guys kicked my ass so hard when I saw them live. I am looking forward to buying this album.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:16 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 10:45 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

this record bumped me from casual observer to actual fan.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 6:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i've loved seeing the black keys on a bunch of rap blogs.
doods on okp are calling it album of the year..

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 7:58 pm 
Godzilla

Congrats to Brian Lucey at Magic Garden on mastering it.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:16 pm 
Godzilla

Solid.

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:35 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 9:38 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 8:20 am 
King Ghidorah

we are talking about the same place TOHM. I didn't realize this but the BK's are opening for KoL for summer tour. fuk. I don't hate KoL, I just don't want to see them in concert again. Once was enough.
from wikipedia:
"Nautica Pavilion is an open-air amphitheater located on the west bank of the Flats in Cleveland, Ohio. It opened in 1987 as Nautica Stage, and was renamed Scene Pavilion in 2003 following a renovation. The naming rights were then purchased by The Plain Dealer in 2006 and it was renamed The Plain Dealer Pavilion, a name it retained until February 2009.[1]
The venue offers bleacher and festival seating with a view of the Cuyahoga River, the lights of downtown Cleveland, and the picturesque lighted bridges of the area.
The building typically holds 15 to 20 events with the concert season beginning in early summer and ending in early fall. In 2006, it hosted such acts as Panic! at the Disco, Train, Mary J. Blige, Mariah Carey, Paul Simon and Fiona Apple.
Nautica Pavilion is owned and operated by Live Nation.

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:03 pm 
King Ghidorah

better.
i LOVED the first couple BK albums.. that last one.. i tried and tried but nodded off every time.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 4:20 am 
Mechagodzilla

its coming.

http://www.donewaiting.com/2010/05/14/t ... -magazine/

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 8:12 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 12:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

I've never heard kings of leon.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:56 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 4:55 pm 
Jet Jaguar

the range in auerbach's voice is unbelievable. such a sexy album. probably going to be spinning this one all summer long. it will be interesting to see how many of these new slow blues ballads make it into their live sets.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:03 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

I'm sure the vinyl packaging is better, but even the CD packaging is cool. And the disc itself is heat-sensitive color-changing.

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:54 am 
King Ghidorah

free download of the song OHIghO, and video of Too Afraid to Love You from FB.
http://www.facebook.com/TheBlackKeys?v=app_192149036349

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 12:31 pm 
King Ghidorah

Hot fire. Such a brilliant album.

PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 9:00 pm 
Snarf

"Everlasting Light" is a blatant T. Rex lift. It's also awesome.

Really liking this album. Rubber Factory was my favorite for awhile but I think this might take it. This album seems like the step forward I'd hoped Attack and Release would be. It really strikes me as their take on the two albums Muddy Waters made for Cadet Concept.

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 1:37 am 
Mechagodzilla

im sure most of you have seen this but...here is the official "tighten up" video.

http://www.donewaiting.com/2010/05/20/v ... ighten-up/

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 12:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

i hated attack and release... this may renew my faith.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Thu May 20, 2010 2:47 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Wait someone else has a rocketeer avatar?