[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Mitch Talbot for Cy Young Thread...

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mitch Talbot for Cy Young Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:25 am 
Godzilla

Season of dreams!!!

Brantley will be an all star!!!

Westbrook comeback player of the year (Carmona runs 2nd)

Acta manager of the year!!!

the time is now!!!

Post subject: Re: Mitch Talbot for Cy Young Thread...
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:23 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

OK Spine of Teeth. I'll play along. I'm in for the win this year.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:27 am 
Jet Jaguar

chris perez for rolaids relief man.

i admit i'm going to miss the high drama that was wedgie's press conferences.

also, how can the twins give joe mauer $184 million and we can't keep victor martinez?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:33 am 
Godzilla

mauer was more pressing and they have the new stadium revenue to work with

wont help em pry the central from the tribe this year though

hope springs eternal

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:42 am 
Godzilla

absolutely,

I think the asdrubal move to leadoff should pay dividends

and we can never underestimate the pure intimidation factor created by an opposing team knowing we have the mighty Branyan on our roster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

keep reaching for that rainbow, cleveland.

asdrubal's going to need to be more selective at the plate. his on-base % dips about 40 points when he bats leadoff vs. batting 9th. if brantley can prove that he can hit and get on base, you're going to want him to bat leadoff before this year is over.

sizemore batting second is D-U-M-B. if not leading off, he should be hitting 3rd where he can really do some damage. the 2 spot in the lineup is for great situational contact hitters: bunting, hitting behind the runner, hit-and-run, etc., not guys that are supposed to be driving in runs.

that lineup should start off brantley-cabrera-sizemore by the end of the year (if brantley pans out).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:31 pm 
Jet Jaguar

four wild pitches for westbrook. apparently he's pretty rusty. still 161 games to go, but man, i wish we wouldn't have to wait until saturday for the beginning of mitch talbot's quest to establish himself as the premier pitcher in the american league.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 2:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i would just like to point out mitch talbot's line for last night's victory: 9 ip, 6 hits, 0 walks, 2 runs, 1 earned run, 97 pitches. brutally efficient, just like ol' cy himself.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 11:45 am 
King Ghidorah

the bully is going to be the sore spot this year.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:46 am 
Mechagodzilla

if you missed it last night...

http://cleveland.indians.mlb.com/video/ ... id=8878836

web gem.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:31 pm 
Godzilla

Here's some WTF.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 69378.html

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:49 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Talbot is on track to win 47 games this season or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 9:53 pm 
Godzilla

Keep your chin up. Only 5 months to go.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:43 pm 
Godzilla

Tigers pitcher pitched a perfect game vs. the Tribe, until the ump blew the call on the 3rd out of the 9th inning.

At least the ump admit he blew the call.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:38 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:19 pm 
Mechagodzilla

jim joyce (the ump) really took it hard.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?content_id=8632475

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 10:39 am 
Godzilla

Cy Young may not be on the horizon, but Ol'Mitch may reach the All Star game by default.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:53 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:00 pm 
Godzilla

indeed, but id bank on the extra pitching, and Choo's stats are even more pedestrian

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:42 pm 
Jet Jaguar

don't forget austin kearns as the tribe's third potential all-star selection.

(everything's gonna get better in the second half . . . as long as they don't trade westbrook.)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:52 am 
Godzilla

Laporta optioned,

C.C., Cliff, and Victor gone for nothing

Shapiro gets promotion

WTF