[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Best breakfast joints in Columbus?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Best breakfast joints in Columbus?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 am 
Godzilla

Looking for places that know how to cook eggs the way you want them without overcooking, use real eggs in omelets, real hash browns or home fries (not perfect sized cubes from a box), and good coffee.

A bit off the beaten path, but the new Spiro's location on the west side at the corner of West 5th Avenue & McKinley Avenue is great. Wish they were open Sundays.

Post subject: Re: Best breakfast joints in Columbus?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:35 am 
Godzilla

German Village Coffee House is my favorite.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:51 am 
Godzilla

spinellis is my joint for breakfast

everything bagel with egg, pepper jack cheese and jalapeno bacon

oh.man.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:51 pm 
Mothra

I'm interested in finding a good breakfast joint as well. I typically go to north star on the weekends while my wallet screams in agony.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:21 pm 
Godzilla

tommy's diner on on broad just west of cosi.
my favorite breakfast in town.

i also love the german village coffee shop.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 3:56 pm 
Godzilla

not traditional in any wayshapeorform, but both of the banana bean cafes have the best breakfast/brunch in town.

bananas foster french toast with capt. morgan's syrup is my jammie . . .

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:20 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:29 pm 
Godzilla

yeah, it's not fucking around. at all. neither is their sweet potato creme brulee . . .

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:15 am 
Godzilla

german vlg coffeeshop…yes
banana bean…YES
dan's diner on south high…YESx1,000,000

i feel, at this point on into the foreseeable future, that unless i start making enough of the kind of money that turns one into the particular kind of douche that drives a rangerover, i should/will not be eating at northstar. not that it isn't good…not that it isn't worth a premium…but srsly, it seems like they're just saying don't come here unless you use burning hundred dollar bills to light yer american spirits. ORGANIC, HEALTHY FOOD SHOULD NOT BE SO PROHIBITIVELY EXPENSIVE THAT IT GIVES PPL ANOTHER EXCUSE TO NOT SUPPORT SUCH AN IMPORTANT ENDEAVOR. especially when there aren't a million highly visible merchants purveying said food/supporting said endeavor in a specific market. also, if i have to work for longer than it takes to enjoy yer burger and chips in order to afford yer burger and chips, i hereby offer you this bag of dicks (instructions included).

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:47 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:22 am 
Godzilla

i have had that EXACT conversation, damn near to the letter, with so many people, and with one dear friend faaar too often. yes, that shit is delicious. yes, the Buddhabowl is straight crack, but every single thing on their menu is at least 2 bucks too much. really. there's no way around it. and it's a heartbreaker. it's the kind of horse i'd like to back, it's blocks away, and it's always good. it's also always insulting price-wise.

and mad props to dan's.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:41 am 
Mechagodzilla

probably not too many of you would make the trek out to westerville, but Best Breakfast & Sandwiches (5916 westerville rd.) has probably got the best plate of corned beef hash in central ohio. the country fried steak is pretty damned tasty too. of course, they're pretty good with the traditional eggs, meat and toast plate as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:13 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:09 pm 
Mothra

Starliner Diner in Hilliard and DK Diner in Grandview are my top two. Starliner is pretty far out of the way but their specials are always different and fantastic.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:16 pm 
Godzilla

Rube's, Nancy's....

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

jack and benny's=yummy eggs benny

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

breakfast joints

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:34 pm 
Mothra

Breakfast more like Weedfast amirite

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:35 pm 
Mothra

dammit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:58 pm 
King Ghidorah

I always liked the brunch at lindey's.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

For real, Starliner Diner in Hilliard is pretty fantastic.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:27 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:30 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:43 pm 
Godzilla