[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Miles "Marvin the Robot" Curtiss is awesome!

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Miles "Marvin the Robot" Curtiss is awesome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:38 pm 
King Ghidorah

This is a thread for people to wish Miles well and mention how awesome he is!

I visited Miles again today and he is in great spirits and doing better than he was yesterday. He went for a walk outside!

Miles is amazing!

And since you know that, join in!

Last edited by Zachery Allan Starkey on Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Miles "Marvin the Robot" Curtis is awesome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:40 pm 
Godzilla

i heard he is actually part robot now!

Post subject: Re: Miles "Marvin the Robot" Curtis is awesome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:01 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I've only met Miles once when I was dropping off a DVD for . I gave him a ride home afterward and was left with the impression of a man who does a lot for others and is genuinely nice and easy-going. Get better, dude.

Post subject: Re: Miles "Marvin the Robot" Curtiss is awesome!
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:50 pm 
Godzilla

I don't know how you don't love Miles. We were trying to remember when we met and decided it must have been the BLD days in the late 90s; just seems like he's always been a permanent fixture of the Columbus scene.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:03 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I met Miles five years ago when I was working door for a show he played. There was a lot to take in- his music, personality, laughter, and presence are all one of a kind to say the least. Ever since then, I have enjoyed any chance I get to see him and talk to him. I am always left with the impression of somebody who cares deeply for music (his record collection is amazing and his songs are deeply rooted in a lot of different kinds of music), has a wonderful sense of humor which is often in his songs- many of which I have found myself laughing out loud to (also dude, he is one of few people I know whose sense of humor never is at the expense of others). I love the guy, I love being around the guy and I can't wait to see him again. This sucks that he is having to go through this, but I am relieved to hear he is getting better. Get better Miles, next three drinks are on me!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:18 pm 
Mothra

Zach and Miles came over to my house in the late 90's and sat and talked to my mother-in-law for a half hour. It was a true crosscultural exchange. She died a year later but I'm sure meeting them was something she carried with her.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 9:44 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Oh man. I read the other thread. This is crazy. I about cried thinking about it. Get well Miles! How could any one do such a thing to a beautiful soul like Miles? We should all do something for him. My girlfriend also knew him and she is shocked.

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:33 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Miles is doing a lot better today. He is in room 848 at OSU hospital. The general number is 293-8300. People are starting to take him things, you should too. He has a pair of "sexy" playing cards already. He said he should be out by Thursday or Friday. Hopefully he will have a nice collection of things by then. Long live Miles!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:40 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:19 pm 
King Ghidorah

I hate 311. Get well Miles!

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:35 pm 
Godzilla

Jesus, I just read all of this. How completely fucked. Miles, feel better buddy.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:28 pm 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.unpossibles.com
http://www.reddahliaband.com

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:42 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Yay, Miles is out of the hospital and recuperating at home!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 4:46 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:08 pm 
Godzilla

sources say old boy turned himself in

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:51 pm 
Snarf

Miles, I just tried to call in the hospital to wish you well. Love your gutz, Keith (and Karen) from the library.

I would've played you an inspirational song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Qae_TUTeGo

Get well soon!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:52 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:18 am 
Godzilla

miles i want your laugh as my ringtone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:58 am 
Godzilla

welcome back, brother. welcome back . . .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:32 am 
King Ghidorah

awesome! This thread took a nice turn.

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:01 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:04 pm 
Snarf

Hope he is doing well.