[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Sat. April 10th @ Bourbon st. Earwig/Ren.Doves/Damnwels/MtR

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sat. April 10th @ Bourbon st. Earwig/Ren.Doves/Damnwels/MtR
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:54 pm 
Jet Jaguar

This Saturday night April 10th, at Cafe Bourbon Street
9pm cheap (with good mexican food to boot!)
Come and indulge yrself with the rock of yr choice. Don't let the powers that be dictate what you will listen to! Hell No, come on and Fight The Power!! That's right, 4 bands and the return of one of Columbus' finest bands. Featuring...

Earwig - This 3 piece underground band plays heart-on-yr-sleeve cerebral, melancholy pop. It's tight and they're hot off the heels of a recent Southern tour trip. There are still songs to be played and a few guitars yet to be broken, my friends.

Marvin The Robot - This song crazy one man band mixes lightness of being, intelligence, wit and multiple hair products into quirky, frantic rock. Please come and discuss politics with him during his set.

The Damnwells -They are well loved and fresh from NYC. Ex-Whiskeytown with a hot new record on Epic/Red Ink. Looks like they are making Cowtown their second home

Renaissance Doves- most recently known as The Bush League All Stars, the original members of Greenhorn are back together now in a new band with a new desire to rock. If yr cool enough to remember them, Greenhorn was a monster of a band that could put a whole city block in the loudest illegal chokehold ever. Now they are The Renaissance Doves. Crazy Horse tinged guitar hero gospel, that's what they do.

Last edited by trebletron on Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:55 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Good God ... tacos + PBR + solid rock = a night to remember

Post subject: oh my god
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 2:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Holy Christ Chip!
you are fast...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:02 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Just online looking for a recipe for the sauce that you dip fried calamari in and was checking in to the boards. Found the recipe, don't have all the ingrediants, looks like it's calamari in cocktail sauce for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:35 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Load up on guns and bring a friend...oh wait.

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:29 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Today (Monday, April 5) The Damnwells will be LIVE on WCBE @ 2pm. You can listen on-line by going to http://www.wcbe.org

Post subject: who saw the Damnwells?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:07 am 
Jet Jaguar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:10 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:34 am 
Godzilla

Don't forget how cute they are. Lil' buttons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 10:48 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:00 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:01 am 
Godzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:32 am 
Mechagodzilla

Hey... can anyone tell me if Bourbon St. is handicapped accessible???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:45 am 
Mechagodzilla

Dang Trixie, I'm not gonna be drinkin' that much before the show. Better make sure it's handicap exitable though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:52 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:53 am 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject: the skinny
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:35 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Cafe Bourbon street seems to be fairly handicap accessible.
Looks like the line-up will be...

9:30-10:30 Marvin The Robot
10:30-11:30 Earwig
11:30-12:30 Damnwells
12:30-1:30 Renaissance Doves

comments?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:53 am 
Mothra

can't wait for this one..............the fuckin' damnwells, earwhig, and marvin. yeah. hopefully we'll hear "corporate welfare christmas"....but that may be seasonal, you know......

trixie, my girl is in a wheelchair as well (broken ankle), and bourbon street isn't really viable because it's too small, it will most likely be too crowded, and the bathrooms aren't really accessable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:00 pm 
Mothra

Post subject: I did not see them (I was blind)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:24 pm 
Jet Jaguar

.. I couldn't make it.
I had to stay at home alone on that cold and lonely night.
But I did rub myself head to toe in holy oil, light some candles and recite a few transmogrification spells. At long last the almighty Damnwells appeared to me in all of their unsurpassed glory. In their right hand they help a scepter of light and in their left hand, a chalice of jeweled obsidian. And as they opened their mouth to speak, a glorious noise spewed forth. It was as if all of heaven were blasting out through the boombox of God. And they said unto me...

that they had a really good show.
So I'm looking forward to seeing them Saturday night.
should be swell.

Post subject: I feel like I'm on a 2 hour trip....
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 12:50 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Who else got their copy of the new Don't Sue Me Vol.3 in the mail today?
Guess what, it's Greenhorn! (you can read about this extra cool limited edition CD bootleg release in this weeks Alive).
It's just so nice to hear all of that scratchy 7" groove noise coming outta my CD player along with 'The Progress' and all that other good shit.
To whomever puts these things out... thank you very much.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

your uniform gets cleaned.
-American Music Club

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:00 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 12, 2004 8:36 am 
Godzilla

Post subject: