[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - blog---Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: blog---Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae
PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:10 am 
Godzilla

It's kind of yucky having a flame war in this thread.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:27 am 
Godzilla

I think the point is very valid, but I also think it's something to discuss privately. I understand that the blog itself brings her issues to light in a public forum, but I think whether or not she should perform should be discussed among her friends more privately and not delve into an argument on the internet.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:12 pm 
Godzilla

I agree with Annie. I find it very odd to be confronted publicly by someone who hardly even knew Jenny and it's bizarre and abstract that he presumes to know her through Bela's blog. This isn't the place for this discussion, for sure. I've been close friends with Jenny for 20 years, now, and have been in touch with her every step of the way. I'm not leading her anywhere. She's always done her own thing. I didn't realize my mention of Jenny doing a show would be like a dog whistle for local drama queens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 12:33 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:21 pm 
King Ghidorah

You're answering questions I never asked. I've made no claims here to knowing Jenny and, whether I knew her or not, I don't see how that invalidates the questions I have asked you. As far as Bela's blog goes, either the events he's described happened or they didn't. You were there, you tell me because it sounds like the two of you are talking about two different people here.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 3:17 pm 
Godzilla

I think once cookie moves my comments to the appropriate thread and I tell Jenny no way we're doing shows because Zeppo says due to Bela's blog it's a bad idea, everything will all be worked out. Thanks for your help. You're contrived concern from afar is inspiring.

At any rate, I assure you, we would not put Jenny in an unhealthy situation for our benefit. We're obviously supporters and want to see her enjoy her life. Music was always a big part of that. It will become very obvious through rehearsal if it is something that she is not up for, afterall. She's looking forward to it, though. Thank God you sad bastards don't have the task of cheering her up. She probably would've fucking hanged herself, by now.

The Stack quote was Jenny horsing around, as usual.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:08 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 4:49 pm 
Godzilla

Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for your recent inquiry regarding Jenny Mae. We apologize for the delay. Your concerns are very important to us. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know that you were satisfied with our service and look forward to assisting you in the future. Please do not hesitate to contact us again.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:17 pm 
Mothra

I for one would love to see Jennie Mae rock it again.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:06 pm 
Mothra

Well if there isn't controversy then it isn't intriguing. I feel that I should say a few things, first Jenny is an adult who can wisely or unwisely make her own decisions and secondly if you have been following our lives through the blog, she is a survivor. She is also much more stable now than she was five years ago, I will probably get to that soon when I have time to finish this part of my blog. Yes, this part will be ending soon unless I go into detail about some of the massive shits I have taken and how much Ohio State Pizza I used to eat at three am.
As for Jenny playing, Sean is right, she still exudes music although it may be akin to watching the Versus channel at 2 am, but most of her shows were like that anyway.
Oh, she has been housed for nearly five years now and she also approves of the blog. If she didn't I wouldn't have kept it up.
-Bela

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:25 pm 
Godzilla

Just me being overly defensive, apparently.

Honestly, I don't know that Jenny or myself ever were or will be at a place in our lives where we can "be in a club, perform in a club, and still keep it together". Besides, what would be the point of that?

The exact sort of absurdity that kept Jenny rolling was all the sad freaks running around with guitars, evaluating their set at the end of the night as if their personal worth and joy was somehow connected to and dependant upon their random performance, whether that be in the middle of nowhere in front of nobody or in the middle of a packed bar, somewhere.

We were usually having too much fun creating a part of the band's own personal myth, one story at a time, to pay much attention to the actual show. That's probably why it was so hit or miss.

Last edited by thefiercelime on Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:32 pm 
Jet Jaguar

lol@sad freaks

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:21 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:50 pm 
Godzilla

This will be low-key. I don't expect any issues, but, mama will be in good hands if something goes awry. I'm the last person who would set her up for a nightmare experience.

I hope you understand that having strangers give me advice about someone who has been a close friend my entire adult life, after reading a little about her online, is pretty bizarre. I think the intentions are good and I appreciate that, but, for me, it's kind of like a kid watching NOVA for a few hours and then asking the astronaut if he knows what he's about to get into before boarding.

I would ask you to pardon my initial are-you-fu#$ing-kidding-me? reaction, but, that seems ridiculous, considering almost everything naturally makes me think, "Are you fu#$ing kidding me?" and I don't see any real sense in censoring that.

Sorry. To give you some background, I grew up in the same fu#$ed up Springfield area as Jenny Mae and Bela and it may have had some undue influence on my general state of disappointment and disbelief with my generation since I was about 4 or 5 years old. But, that's no excuse. Who knows? I think there's still hope for us and I'm pretty impressed with the younger ones coming up.

As for potential voyeurs, that would be weird, but, we're prepared. People to whom nothing has ever happened cannot understand the unimportance of events.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:11 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part 29: Ohio

http://belakoekrompecher.wordpress.com/ ... t-29-ohio/

just posted.

-Bela

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:27 pm 
Jet Jaguar

this latest entry is fantastic and a nice cap to the rest of the blog. i found the thoughts on how sincerity is a truly unique hallmark of ohio rock to be particularly resonant. great work, bela.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:09 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick & Jenny Mae part 30: Funerals and Winter

just posted.

note: I am almost finished with this, I will keep writing but not sure what about.

thanks,
-Bela

http://belakoekrompecher.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 12:20 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part 31: the fruits of happenstance part one

just posted.

-bela

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 4:34 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part 32: The Fruit of Happenstance part two-EMI

just posted

-Bela

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:33 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick & Jenny Mae part 33: Death and Life

just posted,

last one for a while, just too busy with school right now, passed Jerry's grave earlier, gonna see it tomorrow.

-Bela

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:09 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:05 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae: A Sense of Right and Wrong

just posted:

-Bela

new project soon, my kids bedtime stories, they just don't get these stories.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:58 am 
Mothra

just posted.

http://belakoekrompecher.wordpress.com/ ... suffering/

-Bela

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 2:11 pm 
Mothra

just posted: Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part 36: The Ramones part one

-Bela

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next