[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - I want more gigs/promotion - Who do I contact?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:35 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: I want more gigs/promotion - Who do I contact?
PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:56 pm 
Godzilla

Go thread go!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:58 am 
King Ghidorah

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:39 pm 
King Ghidorah

frowny face.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:40 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

hey junior tiger, welcome to the lucrative music industry here in bustown ohio. i want to give you some kpax pay it forward advice that someone told me and this is how i pull a couple hundred a night gigging around town.

first off go to a club. dont email them or call them because they cant see the hunger in your eyes. are you hungry? if you are not hungry thatn we are wasting both of our times - me writing and you reading.

anyway, cool yeah awesome.

you call the venue and ask to speak to the owner. if they say that they got some sleezeball guy booking the shows or one of the tattood colored haired bartneders doing it, say fuck that shit, johnny, i want to talk to the real deal. the guy who wants to make money here. who wants to make money here?

9 times out of 10 the owner will be like ok now are going somewhere with this. i want to make money that is why i charge $2 for a pepsi.

so now you have a binding contract after some paperwork. you probably cant do this write away but i can - i tell a bar that i need $600 - 300 upfront, 300 after the show is over. i like it to get free drinks for me - and maybe the rest of the band - but definitely me. and you want your girlfriend to get in for free. that is mandatory..

once you make $600 a show and you play sweet clubs then you will get an audience.

after you play a few shows, then you will go and probably start getting a reputation and get promotion in dispatch or columbus alive or whatever. so that is cool.

i hope this helps. sounds like your band is too new to play with me so dont ask to play with any of my 3 bands.

we might be into playing with you if you give us the whole $600 upfront and we play in the middle. we prefer to play 2nd out of 5.

do you want to book us?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:31 pm 
Jet Jaguar

was looking to get a PS3 this weekend so maybe i would do it for $500 upfront

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:48 pm 
King Ghidorah

Hey dagger dagger...what's your bands name. I would like to hear your successful product.

http://billycoolandthewhips.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 1:45 am 
Jet Jaguar

I all seriousness I've seen Billy throw it down a couple of times. It's good stuff.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:50 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:33 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:32 pm 
Godzilla

it's almost like billy cool and dagger dagger are like jacob and man in black guy

that makes the friendship farm the island

L O S T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:34 pm 
Godzilla

billy cool's threads are the flashforwards

dagger dagger's posts are the flashsideways

L O S T

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:26 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:27 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 10:54 pm 
Godzilla