[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - A comfest too far? (get out your pitch forks)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A comfest too far? (get out your pitch forks)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:13 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:19 pm 
Snarf

Last edited by SockPuppet on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:23 pm 
Godzilla

Id be seriously pissed if I wasnt already spent from devoting the majority of my emotions and money to raising funds for a jebenezer shitfest

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:59 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:04 pm 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:10 pm 
Mothra

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:16 pm 
Jet Jaguar

hey guys so i made a few phone calls and this is how it's going to play out.

my three bands are going to play at express yourself in powell. my first band who will go on first is going to get paid $100. my second band is getting $250. the third band is going to get $300.

i of course am going to get my cut out of each band. express yourself is going to also kick me $100 for booking the show. i figure i am coming out of this whole thing smelling like roses and smelling like $400 richer.

cover is going to be $20 cuz you will see all my bands. if you pay $30 the extra $10 goes to me but i will give you a dvd with all of my music collection on it. my taste runs deep. i am more than a vampire weekend fan. there will be no ween though.

as for the band known as sock puppet, you are banned from ever playing comfest. any band playing comfest will have to sign a paper saying that they did not create a name called sock puppet and post it on the friendship farm. if someone lies, well, guess what. comfest is made up of lawyers and your ass gonna get sued.

this will teach two lessons i hope, in the end.

the first lesson is to keep your mouth shut.

the second is express yourself in powell is gonna make me a lot of money this weekend.

everyone can take notes cuz the dagster just gave you an education on how to get things DONE!!!

PS - paper airplane is also not in my music collection. i would challenge his band to a band off but i dont think they have the guts. if he accepts, the band off can be at the express yourself or maybe circus. i know those guys. it of course wont be at the treehouse become leopold bloom has banned me from ever setting foot there. i might get six gallery in on this action. maybe we'll rent skully's.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 6:37 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 8:59 pm 
Jet Jaguar

:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:04 pm 
Jet Jaguar

how do you know it is his bandmate?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:02 am 
Jet Jaguar

It's a shame it has come to this.

First off, I do not agree with Erics letter. Using your presence on the Comfest committee to try and get bands to come play as a form of audition is not acceptable and I can see the ire as a result. And yes, Eric can be a bit ambitious at times. I too was a little troubled by this. However, with that said.

We have recorded drums multiple times at Expresso Yourself and each time we were allowed to do so free of charge after they closed. In my opinion they have one of the best sounding rooms we've ever recorded in. The building is an old church with large ceilings and a majority wood interior. We were able to get large Bonham sounding drums all free of charge. Personally I think the space would be better served as a studio.

I know Ben and Eric work hard to bring local music and art to the tiny little area known as Powell. Local artists and musicians can sell their wares their too. They also hold lots of events for the locals including things like various instructional classes for kids. Yeah, it's not really near me and isn't so much something I am into at this age, but anytime we can get kids into music, I am for it. I don't think these kinds of venues for the youth are as available anymore. It's sad a sad reality. But here's a family who gave up their house and savings to try and make an artistic impact in a small community which is more than I can say I have ever done.

So don't get down on someone who is actually trying. Yes what Eric did was wrong. I can not agree with anything contained in the email. However, I wouldn't want to shut down someone who is helping people around him just because I couldn't get in to Comfest (it's not like playing EY was your only option). You put too much stock in Comfest. You should be more irate about how much power Mark "Cocksucker" Fisher has and how the size of his ego is bigger than that of a whale dick. He's a old fucking pervert who needs to be put in his place. My biggest regret was not punching him in the face years ago when I had the chance. If we don't get in to Comfest again, whatever, life goes on.

My advice, call off the dogs and spend more time practicing.

(and no, I am not in any of their bands)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 2:49 am 
Jet Jaguar

just look at how happy that goddamn dog is

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:37 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:31 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:28 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:20 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:24 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:15 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:18 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i think you just changed my life Riko. Also, which one do you believe has harrier forearms ( I know dogs don't technically have "arms" but for the sake of the question we can just consider the front legs to be arms)?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 5:29 pm 
Jet Jaguar

There should be a movie made of the buildup to Comfest. Maybe even a trilogy:
A Fistful of Beer Tokens
For a Few Tokens More
The Good, The Bad, & The Offramp

It's getting to be where the application, preparation, finger-pointing period is more entertaining than the actual event. Any takers?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:02 pm 
Snarf

Robin Williams has the hairiest front legs

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:20 pm 
Jet Jaguar

:clap:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:00 pm 
Mothra

Mark Fisher is the best of all possible worlds, if this world needs a Comfest.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next