[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - A comfest too far? (get out your pitch forks)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 3:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: A comfest too far? (get out your pitch forks)
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

shut yo mouths and donate your half to the house

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:34 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I say stuff this lame ass full of beer tokens and let the drunks rip him apart.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:34 am 
Snarf

i work at Espresso Yourself and help run it with my father sister and bandmate. my name's ben and i've played my share of other venues around town.

anyway...

The email is nothing to be offended by it is simply an invitation to play at a place that has been helping the arts for three years now. we have all donated countless hours giving up and coming bands a place to rehearse, record, try out their new material. The door split is no different (actually more fair to the artist) than many venues in town where you can bring in hundreds at the door and end up with a very small fraction of what came in. the 50% split is not undeserved, i am the usual sound man and i spend a majority of my shift behind the board making sure things sound right. the door split usually just covers my hourly pay.

you've heard of the "production fee" at many venues to pay the sound guy etc. and the rest of that goes into new microphones and monitors to make the musicians sound even better in the future.

we have provided free demos and live recordings to dozens of bands, and we pay a lot of our OWN money and spend a lot of our OWN time making sure we have one of the better sounding systems in the city.

we have also let bands come in and use our space to track drums and other instruments free of charge.

i assume most of you know nothing of what goes on at our venue and are taking the email the wrong way. we admit our mistake, but really we're just trying to be helpful here no offense was meant on our part. anyone who has dealt with us can tell you our heart's in the right place. so you got it off your chests but no need to smear our family business any further, come check it out for yourself and base your opinion on that.

cool?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:41 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 10:34 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:33 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:13 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:34 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i am no advocate of pay to play, or any gross things like that.

but i can say i have been to expresso yourself...i think.
if its the place i'm remembering
they do like things like piano recitals, choir perfomances, and trumpet solo's for little kids during the day.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

fantastic intel.

so it's, like, maybe a real place and you might've been there.

Now I know.

:D

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:23 pm 
Jet Jaguar

i am sure expresso yourself would pay you to never have paper airplane play there

for the sake of the COMUNITY

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:36 pm 
Mechagodzilla

so true.

all the people on the street (not at our show) would be dangerous

Last edited by Bennett on Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 2:54 pm 
King Ghidorah

Who the fuck is going to play at a coffeeshop in Powell?

better yet, a coffee shop for extremely well off hippies.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:01 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

...just thought it was a funny post.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:17 pm 
Jet Jaguar

benny, let me help u

people get your band like they get your jokes

(hint they dont get either))

ramirez you know we friends so i got your back that was a good one

you know what i be doing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:17 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:24 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:25 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

omg omg this thread is friendship farm gold!

Keep the hits comin!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

So are you guys seriously offended, or are you just enjoying the opportunity to anonymously gang up on a stranger over something as unimportant as comfest?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:04 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

Shittomg on something as sacred as Comfest is like shitting on the chest of Christ, also known as something I would do for money.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:08 pm 
Snarf

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next