[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - NEED LOCKOUT REHEARSAL SPACE

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: NEED LOCKOUT REHEARSAL SPACE
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:06 pm 
Snarf

Hello Columbus!

I'm a drummer/multi instrumentalist moving from LA to Columbus. I need my own rehearsal space where I can make loud music and not piss people off.

The place on Chestnut is full.
Wonderland does not retuern my (many) emails.

I arrive in mid Feb and would like to move into a space ASAP. I could share a huge space if needed, but I practice/record about 8-10 hours per day, so my own place is preferable.

I don't need a PA, I just need an empty room with heat and electricity that is safe. Not looking for an hourly space.

THANKS!!!!!

Joe

Post subject: Re: NEED LOCKOUT REHEARSAL SPACE
PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:13 am 
Mechagodzilla

I can't accomadate your needs at my space but there's a couple you could try-

Wall Street place
Don't know who runs that maybe eqj?

that place on 4th and Tompkins (dude locker, gnargate)
Dont really know who's in charge of that.

or the gay street place

hope that helps yo.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:51 am 
Snarf

Great lead!!! I'll call in the AM. Thanx!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:07 am 
Mechagodzilla

Wall St. contact info:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:28 pm 
King Ghidorah

i would recommend against that place on gay street.

fuck you, precious.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:44 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:53 am 
Godzilla

I'm not sure why you wouldn't recommend it. We all have our own experiences, but I've been there with my band for over 3yrs now and I love it. Jon Chinn did a great job and the new guys have been stellar since taking over. Parking can be an issue at times and when they were doing construction around the building it was like driving through Bosnia to get to practice, but now that the construction is done it's no problem at all. Oh yeah, the heat works too.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 10:07 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:23 am 
Godzilla

I stand by my mistake.... :oops: :oops:

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm 
King Ghidorah

wall street was awesome.

gay street was not.

fuck you, precious.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:58 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i put them in the same boat of awesome(or not), actually.

unless you've got your own decent basement... a practice space is pretty much a practice space (with a few exceptions, which u$ually mean$ you pay for it).

i'd rank both of those places about the same.

however, since you mentioned extensive hours of practicing, i would recommend the wall st. space, since the gay st. space has time restrictions on when you are supposed to make a ruckus.

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:02 pm 
Snarf

We were at gay street for about 2 1/2 years. Here's the two main reasons I would never go back there.

One night when we had a show the electronic key fob at the door didn't work so we couldn't get into the building. Couldn't get our gear to play our show!!! Couldn't get anyone on the phone either at 9pm, so we had to borrow a whole bands worth of shit.
(And this was cotrm, we have piano, organ, two guitars, trumpet, violin, drums, bass. It wasn't easy to scrounge all that together last minute.)

One day I went down to the space and our door was kicked in...awesome! Luckily (and strangely), nothing was stolen. However, even more strangely, there were emergency lighting fixtures, new in box, sitting on the floor of our space. They said it wasn't any of their maintenance people, but I don't know who would kick a door open to leave building materials in the room.

Add those two incidents on top of the elevator working 50% of the time, the walls in between the rooms have no soundproofing at all so you get to play who's louder with the bands next door (at least in the basement spaces, I can't comment on the upstairs spaces), and the parking being horrible makes it clear why I think that place is crap...but, that's just my opinion.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:04 pm 
Mechagodzilla

my only knocks on wall st. are that some of the walls aren't soundproofed as well as they could be (still better than gay st. by a country mile) and that you pretty much have to share a room with somebody, and some of those arrangements can be clusterfucks. i'm really happy with the room we're sharing now, but the room we moved out of was a weird situation.

if you're practicing 8-10 hours a day, it'd probably have to be from 8am-6pm or else you're going to run into either conflicts with other bands sharing your room or bleed from other bands in other rooms. of course, you'll probably run into this no matter where you go unless it's your basement.

i'm with coydog re: the construction down there - we were calling it "little sarajevo" for about a year before the condos and shit went up - but it's all better now. i just hope there won't be parking problems or noise complaints when people start moving in.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:25 pm 
King Ghidorah

Or you could keep trying at Morningstar on Chestnut. We've been there just under a year and never had any problems except when we were in the Jimmy Hoffa room in the basement (#11).

It's available 24/7 and there's parking 99% of the time after 5:30. The walls are pretty decently soundproofed too it seems...

Only drawback is the place has its own resident crack addict who lives in a basement room and swings from being annoyingly and ingratiatingly nice to, well, on crack and a bit violent. He'll tell you he's part of management and that he's helping to open up a chain of stores across the country all while standing buck naked in the hallway. Oh, and he'll try to sell you pills in the stairwell (sooo that could be either be good or bad right). He was arrested at the space about four months ago, but he was a back a few days later....

Still, it's quick and easy to load in and load out and management is really really chill about everything, including sharing your space with as many bands as you want. The place is pretty pricey (260 a month), so I bet if you wait a little a room will open up really soon...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:10 am 
Snarf

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm 
Snarf

Ended up in the Wall St location. Thanks for ur help.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:34 pm 
Snarf

The Dudelocker has rooms and lockers available starting at $50 a month. It is open 24\7 and has free wifi, AC in most rooms, and trailer\van storage available. Call 614-638-1067 or visit Dudelocker.com.