[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - blog---Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: blog---Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:51 pm 
Mothra

Part six, just posted. Last one for a least a week as I have a shit-fuck amount of grad. school homework due.

http://belakoekrompecher.wordpress.com/

-Bela

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:18 am 
Mechagodzilla

Bela, this is some awesome stuff. Thanks for writing.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:57 am 
Godzilla

I'm really enjoying this, Bela. Great writing. I am anticipating part 7.

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:58 pm 
Godzilla

I stopped in at the Tiger Tail around the same time, to see Jenny, which is now, of course, long since, torn down. It was classic. One of their big rules was that you couldn't talk during Matlock at Happy Hour. Effing hilarious. I have video of their house boat, somewhere: summer of 2001. Tess was 8 months old. Of course, Jenny introduced the family to everyone as "The Fuks", 'Can you believe that's their real name? Robin Fuk! Crazy!'.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:23 pm 
Mothra

Part Seven just posted.

Jerry + Blazing Saddles.

-Bela

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 1:24 pm 
Mothra

Part eight: The Burr-Dick, just posted.
kinda on a roll, maybe I will crash.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:33 pm 
Mothra

Part nine posted. Jerry Wick, dancing and the art of pissing people off. With photos, when the world was black and white.

-Bela

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:47 pm 
Mothra

Bela, it's heartbreaking. I think about this time , about "knowing" Jenny Mae and Jerry and you, and realize how everyone has their own history. I realize I state the obvious, but it's good to remember sometimes. Where is she now?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:51 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:58 pm 
Mothra

Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:35 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part ten: Guided by Voices just posted

thanks for anybody who has e-mailed me, it has very pleasant and kind.
-Bela

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 10:32 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae Part 11: Early songs and come-ons (pun intended) just posted.

-bela

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:21 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae part 12: Early Gaunt
just posted.

-Bela

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:52 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick & Jenny Mae part 13: Ted Hattemer

just posted

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:12 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae: Part 14-Early Vibralux and breaking up about breaking up.

just posted.

-Bela

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:06 pm 
Godzilla

It was Blatz. The first time I drank at Dick's Den on quarter beer night with Jenny Mae still stands out as the most draft beer I've ever consumed in one sitting. That would probably kill me, now. The $.50 beer nights that followed just weren't the same.

...and Miller and Pabst own everything, now. :(

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:45 pm 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:22 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 12:54 pm 
Mechagodzilla

"Around this time, Dan came downstairs and asked me if I thought he should book Nirvana with Urge Overkill at Staches, he had just done Nirvana earlier in the year and they didn’t have a big draw. I had an advance of “Nevermind” and I told him I thought it was going to be the biggest record of the year, “Dan, this thing is going to be huge. Even my brother is going to love it. It will destroy all the stupid hair metal and Guns and Roses bullshit forever.”"

You know I wish I could say I remember seeing Nirvana at this show this show, but my only memories are of much drinking and I am sure other things, digging Urge Overkill who I had not heard of at the time, more drinking, talking with people (it was one of those nights where it seamed like everyone in "the scene" was at that show, it was very crowded and feeling the buzz of "this is gonna be one of those shows that's gonna be something" and them more drinking and then just blank in my brain, zero memory of actually seeing Nirvana, mostly fuzzy moments at the bar, though I am sure I had a great time. I still have the ticket stub with the price of $6.00 on it, which sounds cheap but I bet there was at least another $50.00 in booze on top of that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:25 pm 
Mechagodzilla

"Mark Deane who played drums for Pica Huss, Mary Adam 12 and Monster Truck 005,"

correction for ya Bela, Mark Deane never played drums for Mary Adam 12, he did though play drums with Medicine Wheel who I know played some shows with MA12 and I'm sure he worked the door at Stache's for some Mary Adam 12 shows :D

Last edited by missing stache's on Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:55 pm 

I skipped that Nirvana show because I thought it would be too crowded. Oh, and as long as we're doing minor corrections, Curt Schieber's annual party was called The Pig In, not The Pig Fest. Those were awesome parties.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick & Jenny Mae: Part 15-Athens, Ohio & Monster Truck 005

just posted, please excuse grammatical errors, I was lazy

-Bela

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:35 pm 
Mothra

Jerry Wick and Jenny Mae: part 16 Bettina Richards and Jack (richie) Taylor (violet)

just posted.

-Bel

getting a kick out of that Columbus scene thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

best one yet. Richie first seemed to appear hanging around w/ Scrawl alot. He was almost like a fratboy sometimes back then. After he tripped, he changed fast. He talked almost like Bob Dylan during this period, very cryptic, I had trouble understanding him sometimes. After the Slave Apartments started, he ran sound for us a few times. I am grateful for his help, anytime my cheap amp fucked up, he could run up onstage and fix it quickly. He recorded our Career Interruption Code EP for us. He was really hung-over and out of it that day, and you can tell. Only now do I realize how weirdly prophetic that was. He checked out 7/27/97.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next