[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - lost Jenny Mae posted on Otis Ball blog

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: lost Jenny Mae posted on Otis Ball blog
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:13 pm 
Mothra

Got an e-mail from Otis Ball who used to run the excellent Pier Platters record store in Hoboken. He was a pretty big fan of Jenny Mae and I would send him demos (most of which have long been lost), anyway, he just posted this unreleased song from her. Don't know the band on this maybe Danny Spurgeon or Sean Woosley would recognize if they are one it but I think it's pre-them.
-Bela

http://otisball.blogspot.com/2009/07/su ... adies.html

Post subject: Re: lost Jenny Mae posted on Otis Ball blog
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:04 pm 
Godzilla

thanks bela, we were just talking about JM a couple of nites ago..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:11 pm 
Mothra

i first heard her just a coupla years ago and fell in love - simply amazing stuff.
whereinthehell is she now?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:21 pm 
Mothra

well I know for a fact that is me on bass, not in the pocket and speeding up the song. I think Mark Dean on drums and Steve Evans on one guitar...the other?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:26 pm 
Mothra

Maybe it's Craig Dunson, did he ever record with you guys? I now remember this "band", it was the one that played those dates with Will Oldham, correct? Who played guitar during that time? Derek?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:31 pm 
Mothra

That band had Jovan on drums. This song is from the same session as the one on the Spare Me comp. Dan may have been the other guitar. I think this band played CMJ @ Club Fez?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 4:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:18 pm 
Mothra

Yes, I do think that is Danny playing guitar. Will, was he touring with you guys then?
I remember a couple of CMJ shows, there was one NY show where Mark jumped out of the van and was flapping his arms screaming "lookit me I a fuckin' bird man."
-Bela

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:39 pm 
Godzilla

I'm pretty sure that's just Steve, Will and Mark ("I'm doing the Cleveland Ass strut, man!"). I don't hear any Danny in there. She wants to put something together, soon and play a short set, somewhere (she said that last year, but, I lost track of her).

Ever since she got a phone, she's been leaving some pretty classic messages, though. She sounds like an old blues guy and is going for the gay-Elf look, these days, she tells me-terminally strung out on Lucky Charms.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 5:01 pm 
Godzilla

tried to get something together a few years back but nothing came of it...still down of course if it happens, mr f. lime...

i'll have to post the 'oh lord jim' song we did somewhere if people are interested in that sort of thing as it seems they may well be.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.