[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Comfest stuff

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Comfest stuff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:01 am 
Godzilla

THE GOOD NEWS>>>

Kids Art Space needs:

plastic grocery bags
milk jug caps
rubber bands

if you have any of these, let me know and I will come get them from you, or you can bring them to ComFest.

Programs will start being distributed tomorrow.

Volunteers are still needed for clean-up and recycling, safety, and First Aid. If you are CPR certified, please consider volunteering for First Aid.

and some good new for volunteers:

For the first time ever, there were be a volunteers only beer line!! with volunteer tokens, you can go to the Jazz Stage Beer tent and go to the park street side.

Bike Corral info: if you park your bike in the corral you must be out by 11:30. If you are a volunteer and are working, you can keep your bike there till 2:00 a.m.

THE BAD NEWS: (and the part that will make this thread go on forever)

ComFest has adopted a NO BYOB policy. You should start to see some ads tomorrow in the other paper and alive. I will give you the gist of it, it violates our permit, violates some city ordinance, but mostly, it is the trash. The trash and recycling people removed something like 40,000 lbs of recyclable materials last year. Plus, BYOBers for some reason, seem to not be able to find their way to a trash can or recycling bin. The trash and recycling people were there until 6 a.m. or later everyday last year, trying to clean up the park.

So, in a nut shell, if you bring in BYOB, you will either be asked to dispose if it, or be asked to leave the park.

It is what it is.

Post subject: Re: Comfest stuff
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am 
Godzilla

Are they going to search people?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:07 am 
Godzilla

That's crap! I hate Fisher. :doh:

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:14 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

even bottled water?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:19 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:22 am 
Godzilla

It's a public park. They CAN'T make you leave for drinking/bringing water.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:26 am 
Godzilla

Seriously, I can't bring Gatorade® or even Powerade®?

I mean, come on it's freaking hot and a dude needs Powerade®.

God, i love Powerade®©™

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:39 am 
Mechagodzilla

seriously, I don't think I'd ever interperet BYOB as Bring Your Own Bottle...o.k. I polled some co-workers and the consensus is Bring Your Own Beer (read:no alc.) is the common interp of BYOB. Clarification RR :?: Who is managing Offramp Fri am :?:
Volunteer beer line :!: :!: :!: :!: I am fukkkkkkkd :!: and by fukkkkkkkd I mean that without a 10 minute wait for beer I have no chance of sobering up slightly in line. ooooooh boyzzzzzzzzzz :shifty: :drool: :whistle:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 am 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I'm manning the "Chug Booth" in case you BYOB. Kill it quick and feel the drunk running through your veins. There will be a few beer bongs and Guitar Hero. It will be located at Kevin's apartment (I forget the address), he also goes by "Macguyver of Drugs". Ask around, you'll find it.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:15 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:24 am 
Godzilla

You can bring in other beverages, but, if you can, take your trash back out with you, or put your beverages in a reusable container. :idea:

We actually have a station for volunteers to fill water bottles and we will be selling reusable containers with the comfest logo on them at cost for volunteers to reuse.

We are talking about BEER.

Felix opens up on Friday.

Mr. String, you get it! That is a reusable container :wink: But, seriously. I know the beer is pricey and the lines suck, but we have added more taps and changed how the beer tents are being run to try and make them more efficient :pray: , but comfest makes its money from beer sales and we need the $ to put on the party and we also now give grants out to other community organizations with what we have left. Comfest is a good cause.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:28 am 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:42 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:48 am 
Godzilla

ComFest has never enforced the policy. This year, you will either have to dispose of what you brought, or take it out of the park.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:53 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

talk to me about the new rules for weed.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:59 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:04 pm 
King Ghidorah

fuck you, precious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:09 pm 
Jet Jaguar

They tried to do this a few years ago and it was brutal. Here are some photos I took:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:14 pm 
King Ghidorah

fuck you, precious.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

At the meeting I suggested turning the park into a dump so no one has to haul trash out. You have to cut costs somewhere since this pay to play thing has turned into a goddamn canned food drive.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:15 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:57 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 2:18 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 5:19 pm 
Godzilla

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 105 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next