blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:21 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:41 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 922
Location: Columbus, OH
bair_ohio wrote:
Rumour has it that the Seed threatened the commitee with some Swazye style next of kin $hit.

8)

I neither confirm nor deny.

8)

_________________
http://www.hayseedsings.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 9:16 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2003 10:17 pm
Posts: 3857
john of lindsay wrote:
finally! somebody brings some formal charges against the bush league all-stars!

come on dudes, give up that primo 10pm spot. we need it to promote our new album, "dragged out".


Hey, nobody asked you, dick (i mean, John). We'll see you on the court. The people's (basketball) court.

We'll have a "rocking ass" competition. You try to rock our asses, we'll try to rock yours.

It will be just what the rouge warrior is looking for I think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:02 pm 
Jet Jaguar
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:39 pm
Posts: 253
Location: stranded in this bar
i am looking forward to the sandwich/day creeper/guinea worms trio. i'm glad to see guinea worms will be taking the stage during "prime time."

my main two reasons to bitch:

1) why the hell are you forcing me to sneak out of work friday afternoon to watch fern? he only played the greatest set in the history of the solar stage (the history of comfest?) last year. a later, "prime time" slot would've been nice.

2) i know they've arguably lost a hint of the old magic since they parted ways with their former bass player, but hells fire sinners are also deserving of a "prime time" slot.

(now that that's off my chest, no more bitching from me. peace and love.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:11 am 
Jet Jaguar
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2003 4:53 pm
Posts: 262
Location: take the second left
Rogue Warrior wrote:
Can someone explain to me why The Lindsay are playing before The Bush League All-Stars?

Sorry you missed our Andyman's throwdown when I whipped Jimmy's ass in a public arm-wrestling contest (best 2 outta 3) for the coveted closing spot. If you'da been there you'da knowed. Of course, their set WAS a lot better than ours but that wasn't the agreement...

_________________
just whistle while you work


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 8:55 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:39 pm
Posts: 2448
Location: a town called your face
The fact that the Rosehips is not playing saddens me, especially given the fact that Jill is moving away soon. Of course she'll hate that I put this up but, seriously, they should be playing if for not other reason than the fact that I like them a lot.

_________________
Gob: "My God. What is this feeling?"
Michael: "You know, the feeling that you're feeling is just what many of us call ... a 'feeling.'
Gob: "It's not like envy, or even hungry."
Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 9:13 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2002 6:26 pm
Posts: 11658
Location: Park Slope
coydog wrote:
The fact that the Rosehips is not playing saddens me, especially given the fact that Jill is moving away soon. Of course she'll hate that I put this up but, seriously, they should be playing if for not other reason than the fact that I like them a lot.


do you know if they applied?

cuz if they did and didnt get in then yes, i agree that is wact.

(i only ask cuz we've had heated posts in the pasts about bands not getting in, only to learn they never applied..)

_________________
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:01 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2005 8:39 pm
Posts: 2448
Location: a town called your face
good point. I'm almost certain that they did. Perhaps the influx of really talented all girl rock bands did them in this year. Overall though, this is a really strong year especially given the fact that so many stages have bands I want to see.

_________________
Gob: "My God. What is this feeling?"
Michael: "You know, the feeling that you're feeling is just what many of us call ... a 'feeling.'
Gob: "It's not like envy, or even hungry."
Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:30 am 
Jet Jaguar
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:03 am
Posts: 389
Location: awesomezone
robertduffy wrote:
coydog wrote:
The fact that the Rosehips is not playing saddens me, especially given the fact that Jill is moving away soon. Of course she'll hate that I put this up but, seriously, they should be playing if for not other reason than the fact that I like them a lot.


do you know if they applied?

cuz if they did and didnt get in then yes, i agree that is wact.

(i only ask cuz we've had heated posts in the pasts about bands not getting in, only to learn they never applied..)


just for the record, we did apply.

_________________
http://www.cassielewis.com
http://www.myspace.com/rosehipsgirls


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:34 am 
Mothra

Joined: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:40 am
Posts: 72
get yer summertime rosehips fix at the parking lot blowout. 2 weeks after comfest.
http://donewaiting.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28114


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:43 am 
Comfest Sucks...but I wish I could be at the Solar stage Saturday for this:

07:10 Time & Temperature
07:50 Jordan O'Jordan
08:30 Dane Terry
09:20 Super Desserts
10:10 Couch Forts

Best consecutive line-up ever?


Top
  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:49 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
tom of lindsay wrote:
get yer summertime rosehips fix at the parking lot blowout. 2 weeks after comfest.
http://donewaiting.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28114


Better than Comfest.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:51 am 
Mothra

Joined: Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:06 pm
Posts: 148
Jawbreaker wrote:
tom of lindsay wrote:
get yer summertime rosehips fix at the parking lot blowout. 2 weeks after comfest.
http://donewaiting.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28114


Better than Comfest.


True.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:59 am 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2003 1:10 pm
Posts: 6351
eqj wrote:
"rocking ass"

It will be just what the rouge warrior is looking for I think.


Are you sure yr talking about the same thing? :oops: :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:16 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 772
Location: Columbus
Hayseed wrote:
slowmoriot wrote:
Looks like Hayseed has proven that bitching about how comfest won't let you play will get you on the bill eventually.



:wink:

Even though I never "bitched" about not being "allowed" to play...?

:wink:

your posts on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23648&start=50
seem like a ton of bitching about just that to me, but to be honest I have done the same thing and had the same result. Just trying to make a lame joke.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 3:55 pm 
Jet Jaguar
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:27 am
Posts: 184
I can't believe my band didn't get picked for the parking lot blowout! This is such bullshit! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: I mean, Cheater Slicks, Rosehips, Guinea Worms....I've never heard of any of those bands. Plus, I've volunteered the past six years straight in that stupid parking lot. FML.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 4:19 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:12 pm
Posts: 878
Location: Washington Beach
Now that the schedule has been released there is one other Comfest suprise this year. No, it's not a big name band or any of that shit but rather on a serious tone. As you know, the economy is in the dump and if you are playing Comfest we regretfully have changed Comfest policy to a pay to play policy. You have all received your time slot and now have two weeks to send us $300 to play. Cash or paypal to

Jill Ebenezer
1100 Summit St
Columbus OH 43201

or paypal @ gawdthosearegigantictesticles@hotmale.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:19 am 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 922
Location: Columbus, OH
slowmoriot wrote:
Hayseed wrote:
slowmoriot wrote:
Looks like Hayseed has proven that bitching about how comfest won't let you play will get you on the bill eventually.



:wink:

Even though I never "bitched" about not being "allowed" to play...?

:wink:

your posts on this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=23648&start=50
seem like a ton of bitching about just that to me, but to be honest I have done the same thing and had the same result. Just trying to make a lame joke.

:lie:

I never ONCE complained about not being selected. Not once. I DID point out inconsistencies between the stated process for selection and the reality (which were confirmed and acknowledged by the ComFest folks in The Other Paper last year despite many folks on here offering a false defense saying the opposite). And I DID air my dislike of the letter suggesting that volunteering would help my chances rather than my being selected on the merit of my music. So I own some bitching. That's true. But not for the reason you claim.

:wink:

_________________
http://www.hayseedsings.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:26 am 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2004 9:37 am
Posts: 772
Location: Columbus
Like I said hayseed, all for a joke that was lame to begin with. No worries. Pay me no mind, and have fun playing comfest this year. I am going to have a blast watching this year. If I am not passed out somewhere, I'll check your set out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:27 pm 
Snarf

Joined: Sun Jan 14, 2007 12:42 am
Posts: 30
Location: The Beach
I understand it may be a little "unsavory" to say some of the things I say, but I am the voice of the people. It is often times a heavy burden to bear. But, in all honesty, we’re not upset about the bands (except maybe This Is My Suitcase - those kids hurt our ears). We’re not upset about anything really – Comfest is great. We just think the order is kind of wack in a few spots – maybe Fisher hit the bong a little too hard when he was putting it together?

And we agree with that other dude. Fern should be playing a late night Saturday set when we're all drunk and rowdy.

And Mr. Evil Queen... insinuating that I want to have gay butt sex is just not right. It’s not right, man.

_________________
The Official Voice of Reason Since 2006!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:43 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2003 5:52 am
Posts: 785
Location: São Paulo
Rogue Warrior wrote:
Fern should be playing a late night Saturday set when we're all drunk and rowdy.


True this. Is this set in stone? Or can the Comfest powers-that-be switch this up a bit? Put him on right before Envelope on the Live Arts Stage. Fern is Live Arts.

This is just about all I want to see besides:

Wing and Tusk
Hayseed
Ghost Shirt

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

_________________
AGIT-READER
World of Wumme


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:51 pm 
Godzilla
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2003 2:38 pm
Posts: 2590
Location: Nowhere without my stunt team
slowmoriot wrote:
Like I said hayseed, all for a joke that was lame to begin with. No worries. Pay me no mind, and have fun playing comfest this year. I am going to have a blast watching this year. If I am not passed out somewhere, I'll check your set out.

Wumme Wenders wrote:

This is just about all I want to see besides:

Wing and Tusk
Hayseed
Ghost Shirt


Complaining really does work. ;)

_________________
. . . aaaaaaaaaaaaaannnnd we're back.

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:19 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 922
Location: Columbus, OH
abstraction wrote:
Complaining really does work. ;)

:wink:

Perhaps.

And so does having a good band and being good at what you do!

:whistle:

_________________
http://www.hayseedsings.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:38 pm 
Jet Jaguar

Joined: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:33 pm
Posts: 221
Location: Columbo
Quote:
Complaining really does work.

Oh good! I have a wedding reception to go to Friday night, so if the Comfest committee could just shift all the bands I like to Saturday instead, then I won't tell everyone they are fascists out to destroy the soul of local music. I just knew we could work something out!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:48 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:12 pm
Posts: 878
Location: Washington Beach
Pay to play, playboy. Hayseed ain't playing unless I have the scrilla.

So far I have money from
Marshall Barnes (in foodstamps and canned goods)
JahMan Brahman (in skunk reefer)
Attack Attack (in Comfest advertising space in Xenos bibles)
Black Landlord (in free rent)
Pussymonster ( in unrestricted porno website access)
Porpise Orifice (check is deposited dudes)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: comfest time slots
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:04 pm 
King Ghidorah
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 9:36 am
Posts: 922
Location: Columbus, OH
jill ebenezer wrote:
Pay to play, playboy. Hayseed ain't playing unless I have the scrilla.


hipster

I'll serve some time on your Street Team if you'll agree to not call it "volunteering!"

:lol:

_________________
http://www.hayseedsings.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group






Buy a Premium BlogAd