[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Tin Armor, Zaza, Pains of Being Pure at Heart @ Summit

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tin Armor, Zaza, Pains of Being Pure at Heart @ Summit
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 8:42 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Only caught one Tin Armor song. I feel like I could like them if I saw an entire set.

Zaza... Ok, the music was fine (maybe played 2 songs too long) but the lights that they put onstage, that then shone in the mirror that then annoyed lots of people in the crowd.. f you!!!! i had to rig a mirror reflection box to save some of the people standing around me... lame

I enjoyed Pains of Being Pure at Heart at SXSW, but I was worried that when I saw them I was on SXSW Happy Pills..... But last night they were also great... loved their set, they did an encore, didnt play Batman for Don B, and one of the dudes wore a Used Kids tshirt.

good stuff.

Post subject: Re: Tin Armor, Zaza, Pains of Being Pure at Heart @ Summit
PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:07 am 
Godzilla

Zaza

more like blahblah

haha

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 10:44 am 
Mechagodzilla

so Ahmed and those dudes from Born Ruffians and Franz Ferdinand came to the show.

superfan of Pains decides he gonna try to drunk talk with Alex from Franz

superfan tells Alex that his band rips off Gang of Four

Alex bops the superfan and goes in for the sleeperhold

there's a kerfluffle

Post grabs Alex and superfan by the scruffs, hands superfan to other Franz dude, who hustles him out front as Post walks Alex out.

Alex and other Franz dude take a walk, superfan twatted immediately: 'you'll never guess what i just did.'

drummer from Franz shrugs, i tell him that in Columbus it's de rigeur for drunks to try to rip on things they like when they're happy, like burning cars after a football win. he said he was glad Post stopped Alex before he killed superfan.

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 1:43 pm 
Snarf

they started going at it again outside. would have been nice to see franz dude get a nice jab in or two.

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2009 12:59 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:07 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:16 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:17 pm 
Mothra

this is the same kid that ate the rail outside of the basement and spit his teeth out during the british sea power show.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 12:43 pm 
King Ghidorah

this kid sounds AWESOME

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 4:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 6:25 pm 
King Ghidorah

my girlfriend punched some guy at the franz ferdinand show... no shit.

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 11:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i coulda used a punch

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:38 am 
King Ghidorah

Was this kid doing or saying anything else annoying? Cuz really...I'd think that the bassist for Franz would hear that from somebody at every stop.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 11:33 am 
Mechagodzilla

This is how I heard it went down from someone who claims to have witnessed the exchange...

Kid: Hey, you guys suck - all you do is rip-off Gang of Four.
Franz Dude: That's bullshit, man. What do you do?
Kid: I am a writer.
Franz Dude: How would you feel if I told you that you sucked and that you ripped-off a famous author or something?
Kid: You couldn't say that though, because I am completely original - I don't rip people off like you guys.
Franz Dude: You need to take that back.
Kid: No way, because it's true.
Franz Dude: Take it back.
Kid: No.

Franz Dude punches him and puts him in a headlock. Post proceeds to kick them both out of the bar.

Then the Franz Dude (and another Franz Dude) went to Rumba and an afterhours party and by all accounts were pretty cool fellas.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:53 pm 
Snarf

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:56 pm 
Mechagodzilla

OMG!

did you eat rail outside of the basement?

but seriously, how does FF not hear this everywhere they go?

http://radioactivesox.tumblr.com/

"you can call me the nannerpus, nannerpus.
guess what? i love pancakes."

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:33 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 4:33 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:58 pm 
Jet Jaguar

it's this tough-guy hardcore attitude that keeps me away from these out of control Pains of Being Pure at Heart and British Sea Power shows.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:16 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i had really no familarity with FF before this weekend.
between them getting into a fight and selling out the newport
i may have to look at their myspace page in the next couple of days.

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 9:25 pm 
Mothra

Why are there so many bullys in Columbus :?: :?: :?:

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:30 pm 
Snarf

I laughed when I heard that guy got punched/sleepered. I was up front and he started to get all drunk and grindy on me I wanted to do the same thing. ha

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 10:42 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:57 am 
King Ghidorah

Our reviews of the Pains and Franz shows: http://www.agitreader.com/news/pains_of ... umbus.html

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 7:15 pm 
Godzilla

no-one mentioned that being at this show was like being underwater...it was like a little humid. they were better than the tape i got of them playing playing in new york in may, though, and bob, (if ya dunno and wanna know) that encore was 'kurt cobain's cardigan,' which isn't as good as the parallelograms side of the split but is still awesome. ("do you guys wanna hear a song about junkies or a sweater? trick question.") afterwards at bobo was funny, just the same elvis costello record over and over until dude put on some sabbath record i like really wanted to hear finally. air conditioning tho'. well by funny i mean like i was laughing a lot.

I'm not saying "faggy" because I don't like homosexuals, I happen to be a huge fan of Rob Halford, Ian Mckellen, and I'm pretty sure Kurt Cobain even said that he might be bisexual, hell I have a bisexual friend. I'm saying "faggy" to describe this guys voice.