[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - mad hatter mufflers/mechanic recommendations/HONDA DUDES?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: mad hatter mufflers/mechanic recommendations/HONDA DUDES?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 9:59 pm 
Godzilla

a couple of weeks ago, i heard something under my car dragging when i was leaving work

i went to ntb because it was so late and there was something dragging the ground-they lifted my car and looked at it-told me i needed a new flex pipe(what was dragging was essentially a brace holding up my exhaust, a weld had failed)they gave me a ridiculously vague quote, something like $250-$400

on friday i took it to mad hatter mufflers and they told me my flex pipe was fine, though i did have a hole in my exhaust

$50

wtf

Last edited by thisoneholymedium on Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: mad hatter mufflers/mechanic recommendations
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:11 am 
Godzilla

mad hatter rules..yes

is there still a thai restaurant next to them (or right up the street?)can't remember th name but they were real real good back in th 90's

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:11 am 
Godzilla

ntb screws..

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 5:02 am 
Jet Jaguar

Whenever I have had a problem I take it to the AAA on 3rd by Olentangy. The guy who runs it is real up front and doesn't bullshit you. None of the people work on commission so there is no real sales pitches. They can take a little longer, but it's worth the piece of mind. Plus you get a discount with your AAA card. How I ended up there.

My car felt and sounded like shit, so I knew there was something wrong. I can't remember the symptoms. I thought gas wasn't getting to the engine which sounded like a fuel pump issue to me. So it died and I took it to Mytee or whatever the hell that Muffler place on Olentangy by 315. I had to get it towed there since nowhere else was that close, I am no gold member. These people suck at this so called garage. Once in they tried to feed me all this sugar coated bs. Said the alternator was bad and needed to be fixed for like 450 bucks. I told them I'd think on it and called AAA to tow it somewhere else. I was going to tow it home and try and see if some friends might be able to fix it. The AAA guy looked it over and said he thought it was a fuel pump issue not the alternator. He suggested AAA on 3rd saying the guy who worked there did good trustworthy work. So I took it there and the guy looked it over for free. He even did a engine diagnostic, which a lot of places charge you for. He came back with what would need to be fixed in order to get it running. It was over 800 bucks. The car was a neon and sucked pretty hard. The fuel pump going out had screwed up a few other things inside it. He said he would work on it if I wanted but in his opinion suggested I instead spend the money on a down payment on a nice foreign car. And then went on to explain other problems the neon could/would get. When you can make over 800 dollars and you tell someone they are better off not giving you their money, that's pretty honest in my opinion.

Thus, I'd recommend them.

and yes NTB is terrible

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:56 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 6:37 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i've been taking my car to fritz saup at saup services on byers circle up by the pizza house on lincoln ave. he's great and really fair - won't "fix" anything that doesn't need it. took an exhaust prob to him last year after another shop told me i needed to replace the whole thing. he patched it for $75 and it's been fine since.

also, lonn from the kyle sowashes is a mechanic. if you want some car advice, i suggest you become a kyle sowash.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:00 am 
Godzilla

Post subject: Re: mad hatter mufflers/mechanic recommendations/HONDA DUDES?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:43 pm 
Godzilla

i had a new radiator put in not too long ago and i took it to the thurber bp on neil and poplar and i didn't get fucked

BUT....i do have an electrical issue that the mechanic thought he figured out-turns out he didn't

i'm gonna take it back in there when i get a chance but if anyone has had electrical issues with hondas i would love some input

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:45 pm 
Godzilla

my turn signal works except for when i press my brake pedal

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:18 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:28 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

the other option is the switch on the column.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:32 pm 
Godzilla

random dudes at pick and pull told me it was the ground wire

i will look into bulb burnout

what do i check all of them?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 9:54 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 10:03 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:18 pm 
Godzilla

one year later and i got it resolved

turn signal issue was in fact a bad ground

i had a stalling issue and it was the ignition

i fully recommend alternative auto on 5th ave those girls hooked it up

straight up no bs