[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - RIP Lux Interior

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: RIP Lux Interior
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:25 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post subject: Re: RIP Lux Interior
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:50 pm 
Godzilla

oh fuck me running!!!!

damn it, i've been on such a heavy cramps kick recently (always goes well with a JAMC kick) that this just seems like some demonfucked plate-of-shrimp.

oh gawddammit!!!

this hits even harder than ron ashton.

fuck.

man, i don't even have enough profanities to properly convey how much this upsets me.

fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:12 pm 
King Ghidorah

fuck fuckity fuck fuck fuck
rip man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 9:32 pm 
Donewaiting Comfest Commitee Liaison

I saw 'em at the Newport. They were good. Bummer bitch.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 10:04 pm 
Godzilla

i got my nose pierced behind the newport at a cramps show waaaaaaaay back when . . .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 pm 
Godzilla

Shitty.

Everyone should go watch the live at the Napa State Metal Hospital video.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:18 am 
Mechagodzilla

One of the first videos I ever saw, back on HBOs "Video Jukebox:"

...let's just say things weren't quite the same after that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:23 am 
Jet Jaguar

wow, what a slap in the face...
I was also at that Newport gig. I was pretty impressed when he ended up stark naked onstage at the end. Most people wouldn't go all the way with it like that.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 2:51 am 
King Ghidorah

As long as I live I will really never understand how a group of humans could get together and make a band as good as the Cramps. The Cramps were, like, perfect in every way.

If you can't dig them, then you can't dig nothin'.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:02 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:35 am 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 am 
Godzilla

Spliney and I salvaged a piece of the Newport stage from a Cramps show that Lux smashed out and then climbed into - mostly if not completely naked. It is signed by Lux and Poison Ivy and is now framed against velvet in Spliney's house.

Heavy losses.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:00 pm 
King Ghidorah

I'm pretty sure that Newport show yr talking about is the one that my mom wouldn't let me go to. Only thing harder than getting yr mom to let you go see a band called the Cramps is to get her to let you go see a band called the Butthole Surfers. Thankfully, I did get to see the Cramps in 1997. It was the highlight of a bleak year spent living in Portland.

That Napa State video is a trip, especially those women who keep grabbing the mic and shrieking.

I'm at a loss for words at how much this sucks...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:10 pm 
King Ghidorah

F*ck! Today is a dark day (and not in a good way), but hell just got a lot cooler.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

lux was fucking amazing. rip bro.

"My brother's Municipal League baseball team is named the Stepdads. Seeing as none of the guys on the team are actual stepdads, I inquired about the name. He explained, "Cuz we beat you, and you hate us."
-unknown

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:22 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Now imagine Lux in that closet of a performance space they had at Crazy Mama's. That was the first time I saw them...the band made us wait for-freakin'-ever (supposedly because the band refused to go on til they got their noses packed full) and then just exploded once they took the stage.

If that Newport show is the one I remember, Lux's interior kept making an apperance because the wimmens kept pulling on those leather pants of his.

I'll just keep saying it...this really sucks. Our rock heroes rarely live healthy lifestyles, I guess.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:26 pm 
Godzilla

Somebody told me you people are crazy, but I'm not so sure about that. You seem to be all right to me.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 3:14 pm 
Mechagodzilla

seriously, what a bummer
cramps on 90210 :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

RIP

Saw them twice and they killed it both times. I was shocked that they were even more crazy at the show in 2004 then in 1998. I was thinking the other day how I hoped I would get the chance to see them play one more time. About to drink Absinthe and blast Songs the Lord Taught Us and PJ/GH.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:46 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 11:55 am 
Godzilla

:(

confuseddildo.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:34 am 
Godzilla

rest.lux

i got a bottle of wine and
got off my pink suit case

to take a break from painting
my Lux Interior.

2 4 9

are there any hitchikers left

in Ohio?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:08 am 
King Ghidorah

Shit! I just found out 10 minutes ago. Man, it seems like all the real personalities of rock are dying off fast. The Cramps rule forever.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 12:05 pm 
King Ghidorah

I cant stop watching youtube videos of them either. I really like the one at the mental hospital. The grateful dead played prisons which is cool, but to play a mental hospital is even cooler.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:16 am 
King Ghidorah