[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Obama Inauguration Thread

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 8:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Obama Inauguration Thread
PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:43 pm 
Jet Jaguar

And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:49 pm 
Friendship Farmer of the Year 2006

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 5:52 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 6:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

seeing those numbers was absolutely amazing. the idea that somebody can inspire that many people just amazes me. i don't expect or predict perfection, but i'm hopeful.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i actually thought the inaugural speech was pretty boring. other than "oh hey, we're gonna change stuff," it lacked a greater theme. this sounded more like the cliffs notes version of his upcoming state of the union speech. i was underwhelmed.

if there weren't so much historical significance to this particular inauguration, i'd be a little thrown by the amount of pomp. this is bordering on coronation. i hope when he wins again in 2012 that they roll back the hoopla.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:27 pm 
Godzilla

yaknow, "bad form" or not, i gotta admit to cracking the fuck up when, as W was coming down the hall to walk through the doors, the crowd was booing so loud it drowned out michelle's introduction. and the way the booing transformed into "nananana heyhey goodbye" was just priceless.

it was the sound of thousands of people who've had W speak at them for 8 years, with no way of properly voicing their disagreement being given one last platform to finally speak . . .

it might've been the "bad form" that the talking head's called it, but to me, it was more democratic and american than anything else in the day.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:30 pm 
Godzilla

plus, for the first time in my lifetime (i was born in '69) we have a FOXY first lady.

fuck yeah.

and you'd better keep me away from malia as she gets older. that girl's gonna be hot as fuck!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:26 pm 
Godzilla

Photosynth(s) here:

http://www.cnn.com/SPECIALS/2009/44.pre ... themoment/

Gotta install Silverlight though.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:10 pm 
Godzilla

For those who want to make their own Obama-ish photo.

http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:00 pm 
Godzilla

From Space:

http://venturebeat.com/2009/01/20/pictu ... rom-space/

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:23 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:24 am 
Godzilla

Double Exposure: http://www.myspace.com/stract and http://www.facebook.com/stract

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:10 pm 
King Ghidorah

While watching Bush walk to Executive One (Marine 1 IF it was carrying the President), I almost felt sorry for him... then I waterboarded myself and that pity quickly turned to anger and disgust. America is already a better place.

My favorite talking head discussion was when CNN (I can't remember who it was) was discussing Lindsey Graham stating that political cooperation and bipartisanship might actually become the politically popular thing to do.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:59 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:59 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:58 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 12:19 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:22 am 
Godzilla

the one cookie sent me in my PMs last week looks way better . . .