[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Girl Talk (merged threads)

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: girl talk in columbus january at newport
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:01 am 
King Ghidorah

Our review: http://www.agitreader.com/news/girl_tal ... wport.html

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:19 am 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:28 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:29 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:42 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Post subject: Girl Talk - 2 sold out shows and not a whimper.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:57 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The lack of post show enthusiasm seems to reflect my own temporary feelings I get from what he does.

Fun show though.

Post subject: Re: Girl Talk - 2 sold out shows and not a whimper.
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:37 pm 
Godzilla

2 sold out shows and i've never even heard one of their songs. for some reason i equate this band with vampire weekend who seemed to be really popular and then when i finally heard them (on SNL of all places) turned out to really suck.

Warren Ellis: I have a soft spot for it. It's the compost bin at the end of my garden. And there's plenty of room in there for it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:38 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i went sunday and loved it! tons of fun, and i'm not a dancer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:00 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:13 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I had a great time. As long as you understand it really has nothing to do with the music he makes and mostly the giant party/good time he throws, then you can really appreciate what he does. I personally haven't listened to him once online or CD or whatever, but I've seen him 3 times and I don't think I've ever had a better time. I fucking hate dancing...but he makes me love it, and that's enough to impress me.

http://www.theoutersounds.com

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:44 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:08 am 
Jet Jaguar

fine...i agree. But if you have to be so analytical I guess I'm talking about dancing like i'm in da club.

http://www.theoutersounds.com

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:51 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:12 am 
Jet Jaguar

John Petric

http://theotherpaper.com/articles/2009/ ... 094609.txt

intro:

You’ve heard of Generation X, Generation Kill, Generation Blahblahblah. Well, welcome to Generation Douche Bag, which consists of Girl Talk, the hyper young Pittsburgh man otherwise known as Gregg Gillis and his laptop dance world.

What a fricking joke.

Anytime you need a roadie—a roadie!—to come out and flip up your laptop so the, ahem, show can hit the road, then you’ve achieved the coveted, meth-drenched Golden Douche Bag Award for the year. Yes, the year is young, my stupid friend, but Gillis clinched it this past weekend at the Newport with his two sold-out shows.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 11:17 am 
Jet Jaguar

And to answer you question, pal, why am I here? I came here because Mitch and Murray asked me to. They asked me for a favor. I said the real favor, follow my advice and fire your fucking ass because a loser is a loser.

Post subject: Re: Girl Talk (merged threads)
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:13 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PromoWest Productions and Bud Light Present
GIRL TALK

Announce: FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 5TH
On Sale Date: SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6TH

WHO: GIRL TALK
WHEN: THURSDAY, JANUARY 6TH, 2011
WHERE: THE LC - LIFESTYLE COMMUNITIES PAVILION
COLUMBUS, OHIO
DOORS: 7 PM
COST: $25.00 ADVANCE & DAY OF SHOW

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:15 pm 
Godzilla

They should bill this as The Strange Case of the Kid Who Took
40,000 Ecstasy Pills in Nine Years Tour. Seemed like a waste of an otherwise good buzz. I was watching people who looked like they were watching a show but there was no show. None of it felt connected. There was no pulse. No energy. No soul. It looked like everyone was pretending that they were at a great show but doing a piss poor job of convincing even themselves that they were having fun. Very surreal. Drugs couldn't even save it. Lame party. I think it was one of the most hollow events I've ever attended.

Anyways, where are my pills? You going to this?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:53 pm 
King Ghidorah

im going to this. got my tix today. tix were free... i dont do the maahleeees anymore so ill just be drunk as fuck. im the fat guy with the sweet dance moves

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

thurs columbus show is sold out

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:11 pm 
Godzilla

Not sure if this was posted here or not but it's awesome.

http://www.mashupbreakdown.com/

This site has both "All Day" and "Feed The Animals" broken down sample by sample.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:49 pm 
King Ghidorah

penguin prison opener is really awful 80's music in jean jakkets.

stupid band name

so glad these tix were free although i'm 'bout to get dirty dancin with my boo

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:02 pm 
King Ghidorah

i think he's on fb right now
i came prepared to listen to his cd's. not even close

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:04 am 
King Ghidorah

girl talk you are stupid really you puss out at 10:52? fuck you and your macs!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 pm 
Mothra

I went fully expecting to have my second "damn kids and their stupid new music" moment (I'm 26). The first being the Passion Pit low dough show. I don't like to listen to TG albums more than one time through. The novelty wears off REALLY quick. Also, not into drugs, hooking up or dancing. Still, what he does live (or at least makes it look like hes doing) is undeniable. I also enjoyed watching the nerds that were operating his lights and projection screen.

The set was short, but felt long. $30 for just over an hour is too much money, even though I was glad when the music stopped. The LC was trying a new strategy to get everyone out the door at the end. They turned off the ventilation fans as soon as TG was finished. Two minutes later, it was suffocating in there, breathing in all that sweaty air and there was no quick exit.

For a $30, one hour show I fell like they should have at LEAST provided oxygen to breath the entire time I was there.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:41 pm 
Mothra

I thought the show was pretty fucking good. I had a better time about 20 minutes in, when all the kids had wore themselves out bouncing into me repeatedly. Too many concert noobs there for me, tho. You know the ones, pushing their way through the middle of the crowd to get to the front, only to realize that there's a rail there and you have to get to the floor from the sides. I agree it was a bit short, tho. I'm hoping he's at Coachella again this year.

Here's a couple of videos I took with my Flip HD cam.