[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - Kanye West, 808s and Heartbreaks

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kanye West, 808s and Heartbreaks
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:15 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:55 pm 
Godzilla

I apologize. I just think that Kanye is half-assing it and that people shouldn't call him a crooner when he can't really sing. You kept insisting that the autotune was an artistic choice even in the light of proof that he couldn't carry a tune. Maybe it's both reasons. Maybe the choice of using the autotune was born out of the fact that he can't sing and as convenience would have it, he wanted to sound like a robot anyway so it worked out for him.

So you didn't think "little glittery turdlets of agony" was funny?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:52 pm 
King Ghidorah

my stance on this album is that i can't stand auto tune... but i am a kanye fan, and college drop out was probably the last rap album that i spent alot of time with and felt like i could gain something from (other than dilla-donuts, but thats different)... with the packaging i was hoping he was gonna make a good version of puffys solo album from last year (two years?).... seemed like a new order nod... i tried listening to it and i can't dig on the auto tune... when i hear that shit, i just wish the person had a fucking vocoder... but that is just me... if he did this record with all vocals through a vocoder, i would probably melt down the vinyl and drink it.... i think that he has jumped the shark... he went from being vulnerable and also being a great rapper... to telling people he is a great rapper and that he is vulnerable....

yeah!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:01 am 
King Ghidorah

Godammit I'm too drunk to edven attempt to respond to anyone with any llegitimate argument.

Rollie...sorry for doubting you. I acutally agree with mostly everything you said. But um I can't tell you why till tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:16 am 
Mechagodzilla

when t-pain gets chopped and screwed i wonded if he makes the girls use a vocoder

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:40 am 
Godzilla

I've been trying so hard to stay out of this, but this thread is like an accident. I can't seem to look away.

First of all, I can't stand Kanye I've never really been able to tolerate him. He's corny and always has been. I disagree with his fashion statements as well, but none of that is relevent.

I watched the SNL stuff with my wife recently and I listened to the album last night. My opinions on both are unimportant.

The thing that's making me crazy is mostly the bitching about auto tune. Do you really think that dude was trying to use auto tune to correct bad notes in his singing? I find that hard to believe. If he were it would be much more subtle and most of you wouldn't even notice it. It would be like some Taylor Swift shit or something. I don't know. The point is, it wouldn't sound like a robot, you know? I agree with Carney that he should've just used a vocoder. It would've been way cooler, but that isn't the trend right now. The trend is to use auto tune to do that weird robot sound. Why aren't y'all bitching about T-Pain or L'il Wayne? They both use that effect.

I have no real desire to argue about this. As I stated, I can't stand the dude and I'm not fond of the auto tune effect, but there are lot of weird comments being thrown around.

jap city are awesome.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:32 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:35 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:45 pm 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:56 pm 
Mechagodzilla

Absolutely. If that's how you want to re-interpret my words.

It's not so much a "moral rule" as a hope that you at least think about why you like something. It doesn't always have to be justified, it is the action of at least thinking about it that is important.

But I'm not going to argue with a troll.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:10 pm 
Godzilla

song 6 is the shit.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:16 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:24 am 
King Ghidorah

Taylor Swift's Fearless is a good album. Please don't bring her into this discussion. I like what I'm reading.

Am I guilty for liking a few of these songs alot -- even though I hated the last Kanye?

Last edited by Wumme Wenders on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:52 am 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:59 pm 
King Ghidorah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 2:07 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 6:44 pm 
King Ghidorah

808's "street lights" is stunning. ego and all.

re: Graduation - it had some great beats and production, but the songwriting lacked and some of those samples were predictable/over-used (daft punk song? it's a sample itself (edwin birdsong), so basically it's a double-sample? cheap).

But..."Flashing Lights" ? -- hear how Kells tears it up and makes it his own.

Maybe Kanye just needs to make a star-studded Marly Marl Vol. 1-esque multi-collab-mixtape of whatever tracks he does next?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 7:24 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:00 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i wanna hear less of this FORCED MULTICULTURISM :sick: shit & more japcity.
america is GOD's country & the company i work for wont even throw a "holiday party".
i am another casualty in the war on christmas.
seriously, just drag my corpse through the short north :oops: :oops: :oops:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

japcity does not like rkellys part on flashing lights

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:10 pm 
King Ghidorah

so glad I didnt pay for this crappy album.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:55 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 5:49 am 
Mechagodzilla

http://www.rappersiknow.com/2008/11/24/ ... -autotune/

someone autotuned a bunch of hip hop classics.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:57 pm 
Donewaiting.com Staff

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next