[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - New York films?

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: New York films?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 6:53 pm 
Godzilla

nice list! A few I was going to mention are already mentioned, so...

Wallstreet, Royal Tenenbaums, Spiderman, Goodfellas, Moonstruck, When Harry Met Sally, American Psycho, Annie Hall, Coming To America (was NY, right?), Devil Wears Prada, Fame, Kramer vs. Kramer, and Annie Hall.

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 8:50 pm 
Godzilla

What about some Spike Lee, like "Do The Right Thing" or "Inside Man."

Also:
Cloverfield
Nick & Norah's Infinite Playlist
American Gangster
I Am Legend
Enchanted
In Good Company
The Day After Tomorrow
Gangs of New York
Die Hard: With A Vengeance
Carlito's Way
Wall Street

Dig Me Out , and .

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:01 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 10:02 pm 
Godzilla

"The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other... involves orcs."
- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:12 am 
Mothra

panic in needle park
jason takes Manhattan

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 3:58 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:49 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:53 am 
Godzilla

great goodness..this'll take a few winters to get get thru this list.

thanks all

I thought of another one, one of my fav Eastwood performances:

Coogan's Bluff, 1968

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:15 pm 
Jet Jaguar

The Lost Weekend

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:01 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 1:21 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:56 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:11 pm 
King Ghidorah

The Naked City
Blast of Silence
Metropolitan
Pickup on South Street
Terror Firmer
The Cameraman (Buster Keaton film)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:44 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:20 pm 
King Ghidorah

Turk 182

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 5:52 pm 
Mothra

i think i watched turk 182 every time it was on hbo that summer of eighty-whatever.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:02 pm 
Godzilla

I remember my friend at the time telling me that he wanted his nickname to be "Turk". It's the only successful self-nicknaming event ever.

Has anyone mentioned the Ed Burn's films? Brothers McMullen, She's the One.

Michael: "Could it be love?"
Gob: "I know what an erection feels like, Michael. No, it's the opposite -- it's like my heart is getting hard."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:09 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:22 pm 
Godzilla

Frankenhooker

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:30 pm 
Mothra

i'll see frankenhooker and raise you...

Sgt. Kabukiman N.Y.P.D.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:02 pm 
Godzilla

I don't know how I forgot The Taking Of Pelham One Two Three. Rent/buy/netflix that shit immediately.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 4:46 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:25 pm 
Godzilla

Did Breakin' and Breakin' 2: Electric Boogaloo take place in NY?

- Kung Fu Monkey

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:04 am 
Mothra

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:41 pm 
Godzilla

Woody Allen's always the first thing that comes to mind, for me.

For the 70's, I think-
Dog Day Afternoon
The French Connection
Marathon Man
The Lords of Flatbush
Serpico

these are all fabulous non-70s NYC and you've probably seen them all, already:

Citizen Kane
Do the Right Thing
The Fisher King
The King of Comedy
Arthur
The Usual Suspects
On the Waterfront
Rear Window

and near and dear to my heart: Harry and Tonto (which is also 70s)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next