[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - JEFF MANGUM

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JEFF MANGUM
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:58 pm 
Snarf

So I stood about a foot away from Jeff Mangum's right elbow as he played Engine to end the E6 Holiday Surprise tour with Julian Koster on singing saw. Anybody who knows anything about Jeff Mangum knows what a momentous occasion this was. Truly, ridiculously, unbelievably unreal.
The show itself was what one would expect from the most positive traveling commune on the planet- loud and quiet, disasterously beautiful music.

Post subject: Re: JEFF MANGUM
PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:47 am 
Jet Jaguar

Yeah, magical/sublime ending to what was a pretty light hearted, charming and overall-entertaining show.

I stood in the back by the "backstage" door, and Mangum was standing right next to me most of the show. I wanted really bad to gawk at him, but decided not to be that guy. I almost wish I had been that guy now. Either way, "Engine" ruled. He seemed really into a lot of the show.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:03 am 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:00 am 
Jet Jaguar

That photo is great, was that after the show?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:25 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i'm such a fucking idiot for not going. how many songs did he play?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:05 pm 
Jet Jaguar

He only played one song, "Engine," and sang and danced onstage for the final song of the Elephant 6 troupe.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:18 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:25 pm 
King Ghidorah

Mike. That's what you get for going to the Martha and the Nuclear Sunshine show. I had an extra ticket and no takers.

I'm so glad I didn't leave as they walked off the stage singing together. I knew something special was afoot. He did just follow them all to Pittsburgh, so I thought there was a possibility he was going to show up. Kind of magical, though I think half the people there had no idea who he was.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:22 pm 
Mothra

O! M! G!

I feel giddy like a little girl and sick to my stomach because I didn't go. I'd have paid $50 just to see/hear him sing "Engine"

Not being a fan of much of the other E6 stuff, I balked...I AM SUCH AN IDIOT :wall:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:47 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 6:51 am 
Mothra

I <3 Neutral Milk Hotel.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:37 pm 
King Ghidorah

Review of the show

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2008 5:48 pm 
Mothra

Nice review, Kevin. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 10:25 pm 
Snarf

I was another of those guys. Here's a picture of Jeff Mangum and me, taken by Jeff Cannell: http://eventized.blogspot.com/

The best $12.00 I've spent on a concert!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:21 pm 
Mechagodzilla

i think i'm going to throw up.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 3:09 pm 
Mechagodzilla

it was awesome.

i enjoyed julian koster and scott spilane's rendition of "the fool", from "in the aeroplane over the sea". you could hear a pin drop.

my jaw dropped to the floor during "engine", though.

shit.

and i got to meet jeff mangum too. i somehow managed to keep my cool.

and, then i got milk an' cookies from that insomnia cookies place across the street, by the tattoo parlor. have you tried that yet? wow.

what a night.