[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 379: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3763: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /includes/functions.php on line 3764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/functions.php:3184)
Donewaiting Friendship Farm • View topic - DEVO, Oct. 17, Akron Civic Center. For Obama. Let's go!

blog | facebook | twitter
C'MON C'MON THE CLUB IS OPEN
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 4:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DEVO, Oct. 17, Akron Civic Center. For Obama. Let's go!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:08 pm 
Jet Jaguar

http://www.akroncivic.com/eventlist/eve ... php?id=642

According to those in the know, this will be the first hometown show for Devo in 30 years. It is a benefit for the Summit County Democratic Party. Tickets go on sale tomorrow. Who wants to go? More importantly, who wants go give this guy a ride? Like, for example, I might be able to buy a certain someone a ticket/donate gas money in exchange for carpool privileges.

I'm fucking serious, dudes. I'll be buying tickets. PM me or just reply here. This is a big deal.

Post subject: Re: DEVO, Oct. 17, Akron Civic Center. For Obama. Let's go!
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:01 am 
Godzilla

yes.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:21 am 
Mechagodzilla

They were pretty damn great when they played Nautica in Cleveland a few years ago; in all the times I'd seen them, it never looked like they were having as much fun as they did that night. Seeing them in Akron ought to be something else...I wonder if they'll do Jihad Jerry's tune for the occasion.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:55 am 
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:10 am 
King Ghidorah

Got my tickets, thank goodness. I was worried about being locked out with all the hype going around this one.

I have been a fan ever since "New Traditionalists", and missed every chance to see them live until now. Fuck Yes!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:20 pm 
Mothra

Just got my ticket. Thanks for the heads up!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 am 
Mechagodzilla

I'm in! Yea!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:21 pm 
King Ghidorah

The Black Keys have been added to the bill!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:44 pm 
Jet Jaguar

I have an extra ticket. Call me if you want to go. 2569809. Down side: you have to ride up with me and strummy. Plus side: you get to ride up with me and strummy. This is a fucking Devo show, if you haven't been paying attention. Chance of a lifetime, no big deal. OK LET'S GO.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 1:21 am 
Godzilla

dammit, i wanna go!!!!

and my ticket fell through . . .

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 2:17 am 
King Ghidorah

i saw them last month and they were excellent. i highly recommend going.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:41 am 
King Ghidorah

Awesome: DEVO's whole set, they kicked total ass.

Not Awesome: Missing most of the Black Keys set, not because I was late, because the will call line was so damn long and slow it took 45 minutes to get in the door.

When you have a show that is announced less than a week before the actual show date, you can't be surprised at how many people did will call. The fact that the show started with half of the audience still waiting outside the venue is complete bullshit.

Awesome: the 3 Black Keys songs I did see fucking killed.

Not so Awesome: hearing some little known singer songwriter play two songs after The Black Keys and having to wonder why she didn't play first so more of the audience could see The Black Keys for at least a few more minutes.

Meh: Chrissie Hynde playing acoustic ballads, barely being able to hear what she is playing, and not knowing what the fuck she was playing. Seriously, that other singer-songwriter was loud and clear as a bell. WTF???

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:30 am 
Godzilla

my videos...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:41 am 
Mechagodzilla

Fucking amazing! Glad I mad the trip! Hell yea! Will embelish later!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:11 pm 
Mechagodzilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:42 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:56 pm 
Godzilla

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:11 am 
Mechagodzilla